tModLoader Rockos ARPG

I will balance things slowly. Not playing terraria for a while and modding is hard to go and balance the exact first time. I also want to have some time with my wife (We been married for 2 months). I am currently planning to update the Tree so you understand where start is for each class. Also will balance the regen more and the dodge issue wll be adressed. Will cap the level too. Not a single character should have all the skill points in the tree. I am still evaluating at how much a character should cap. Will expand the tree a bit depending on the cap.

I will balance things slowly. Not playing terraria for a while and modding is hard to go and balance the exact first time. I also want to have some time with my wife (We been married for 2 months). I am currently planning to update the Tree so you understand where start is for each class. Also will balance the regen more and the dodge issue wll be adressed. Will cap the level too. Not a single character should have all the skill points in the tree. I am still evaluating at how much a character should cap. Will expand the tree a bit depending on the cap.

Capping the level isn't needed. Just need to remake the skill tree into multiple. The reason people use this mod mostly is because they want to play as a single role, melee, ranger, mage etc. and not all of them in a single character. Even then, that can be addressed with a single tree where little bits of everything is available to them, instead of it focusing on one damage type. That way they will have more rounded out damage with all weapon types.
The only thing I would agree with a level cap, is with progression throughout the game. For example, you can't farm yourself past a certain level until you beat a certain boss. But once you beat the last boss, you should be able to get to level whatever you want to.
The problem with having one skill tree and a level cap is that you could put points into parts you really don't need, and could be used elsewhere that would benefit you more.

Capping the level isn't needed. Just need to remake the skill tree into multiple. The reason people use this mod mostly is because they want to play as a single role, melee, ranger, mage etc. and not all of them in a single character. Even then, that can be addressed with a single tree where little bits of everything is available to them, instead of it focusing on one damage type. That way they will have more rounded out damage with all weapon types.
The only thing I would agree with a level cap, is with progression throughout the game. For example, you can't farm yourself past a certain level until you beat a certain boss. But once you beat the last boss, you should be able to get to level whatever you want to.
The problem with having one skill tree and a level cap is that you could put points into parts you really don't need, and could be used elsewhere that would benefit you more.

I agree to certain point. But you could also multi task like go melee and once you aproach the center of the tree then you get those sumonner points and have a multitask class. It's a general exemple.

I think Ive found a bug of some sort, in my character (new character and world) I have 700 hp. I had another mod for leveling installed (Ivysauras's) but it had a reset command. I don't want

Hey Man,

First of all, great mod.
It really fills the gap Terraria had on the "RPG" style. I loved the way you worked the Talent Trees and the overall system.

I have however, some interface suggestions. Could it be made possible to move the Menu, Stat and "Character Sheet" boxes around? It overlaps with Terraria's Inventory Interface (the trash can) and with the expanded crafting window. Additionally, the font and text color makes it a little hard to read the numbers, which also, could be made with less decimals (no point in seeing 75,6667% when you could just reduce it to 75,67%.

Contragulations on the awesome mod and initiative! :)

Congratulations Rockos, you have yourself a delightful mod here. However there are still bugs and glitches and minor things.

I've noticed that as a male character, when you have an overshield it plays the female pain sound rather than the male till the shield is gone. Glitch or intended funny? =P

With the new health system it seems that you no longer take continuous fire or poison damage, such as inflicted by meteor heads. You are still damaged by hazard blocks (Edit: Just checked on this again and there's no damage from blocks either) when the fire or poison debuff is active I still regain health and shields. It may be due to the new health regen system. I suggest having it check for those before regen starts back up.

Edit:Also with the continuous damage, I am able to suffocate myself from standing inside sand dropped from above me with no damage. Once you reach a certain level of hp regen you can survive under water as well. I can currently stand under water and only lose between 10 to 15 hp per minute, and with 571 hp that leaves little to no dent.

I also noticed that the healing potions no longer have a time limit per usage. You can use 1 after the other with no delay. After all of these hp related differences I feel invincible after only a few level ups... yes I still have to kill things or I die but I feel little to no threat on an expert world.

These are not intented to insult, and I'm not sure if they were mentioned before. Just looking for answers and possibly to help.

P.S. This mod pairs well with the tremor mod. No errors as of yet.

Last edited:
I've run into a problem, I cannot see the menu in the game when i activate it, and the health, mana and level bars are gone. BUT when i go into settings they show up there and I can open all the other menues for the mod. I don't understand why or how this happened, it worked yesterday. I tried clicking a few buttons to see if I had pressed somthing to mess it up and found out that all the ui stuff showes up in all other "menues" that is not the "play mode".

When I activate camer mode with F1 they show up
When i hide all UI with F11 they show up
when I ender settings they show up.

Will add screenshots.
20160806112451_1.jpg
20160806112457_1.jpg
20160806112508_1.jpg
20160806112535_1.jpg

I've run into a problem, I cannot see the menu in the game when i activate it, and the health, mana and level bars are gone. BUT when i go into settings they show up there and I can open all the other menues for the mod. I don't understand why or how this happened, it worked yesterday. I tried clicking a few buttons to see if I had pressed somthing to mess it up and found out that all the ui stuff showes up in all other "menues" that is not the "play mode".

When I activate camer mode with F1 they show up
When i hide all UI with F11 they show up
when I ender settings they show up.

Will add screenshots.
View attachment 132619 View attachment 132620 View attachment 132621 View attachment 132622
df well did you try reloading terraria though just woundering xD

Could you explain me how i mod the interface, Rocko?
I'm doing an XPBar for my own mod and did it as a projectile till now, but that brings in some problems.

When I started back a little bit ago with my custom made modpack, for some reason I have the health and levels and everything but no skill tree or way to get to it and I also can't use health pots? Help would be appreciated!

For some unknown reason, all fresh characters spawn with negative HP, meaning any strike,any debuff etc. kills the character. Harmful on Hardcore.

For some unknown reason, all fresh characters spawn with negative HP, meaning any strike,any debuff etc. kills the character. Harmful on Hardcore.

I ran across this my first play through with the mod as well. I didn't think anything of it because it's normally not very difficult to wait and regain some health but I could see how it could be a problem with hardcore characters.

This mod is way too much overpowered: life regeneration is insane, there's no potion sickness debuff, with high enough lvl character becomes invincible.
Some changes to UI would be great too. White text on bright blue background is really annoying...

I like the idea of this mod, because it adds unique experience to the gameplay, but it just makes terraria too easy even with NPC booster mod.
If you're looking for more skills for your skill tree. You can add potion sickness (and possible mana sickness) cooldown reduction (by 1 second?), after you implement it.

Thank you all for your great support. I am happy that some of you liked the mod. For the bugs I am aware of some of those but some are created by the way the script goes. Like the max hp is 500 in vanilla terraria. I had to overcome this limitation which can cause some glitch. For the tree, still working slowly on it.

The female voice with a shield is not intended and is a bug that carried over when I ported the mod from tconfig to tmodloader. It's not my priority right now since it doesn't break the mod itself.

The degen are not working cause of my custom system for regen and potions. I have to go through all existing debuff and add some new stuff so your character can finaly suffer fro debuff. Otherwise I have been busy with real life too.

I want to thank you all anyway . I hope you can enjoy the mod.

I have two things i want to state.
1.There is a bug with heartless(a mage skill in the skill tree), the mana health doesn't protect against drowning damage
2.Compared to mage and warrior, ranger class doesn't have much sustain(life leech). Warrior class has life leech and mage class regenerates mana quick, has a huge barrier, and uses mana as health. Ranger doesn't have any of them so i suggest making a skill for rangers, to regenerate 0.5-1% percent of ranger's health every time his/her attack crits(because ranger attacks quick, 0.5% is enough i think).

I know that ranger also have the dodging ability but its just not enough, because other class can have the dodging ability in addition to another way for getting health.;(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom