tModLoader Rockos ARPG

Theres a bug that it resets your mana to 0 and clears out all the skill tree even the points that you put in before and even if you got more skill points it wont let you add any points to a specific skill as the you need a starter and thats at 0/1 .
Yes, the dev is aware of this. It has been brought up way too many times. If you had downloaded "Rockos ARPG" from the TModLoader mod browser, uninstall it, and download the "Rockos ARPG Legacy". The "Rockos ARPG" one is a direct (nearly) port from the old mod, that has the Save/Load function messed up on TMod 10.0.
If you had downloaded it from the file on this forum, please download the legacy version file from here: Download and replace the old Rockos ARPG .tmod from (This PC/Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods).

I have a problem where the stat distribution panel doesn't come up, I can only see the stat info panel but I can't put points in cause the panel isn't there for me.

I have a problem where the stat distribution panel doesn't come up, I can only see the stat info panel but I can't put points in cause the panel isn't there for me.

Pressing Escape (to open the inventory) shows the stat info panel. To open the menu for the skill tree and stat distribution, you need to use the hotkey (go to terraria's keybind settings to set a key for this option).

This mod was unusable for me.

The first time I ran it, the UI elements appear, but only while the game is not paused (I play with auto-pause enabled). Upon disabling auto-pause, the UI elements vanish and I just see a health readout with no bar. When this happens, the UI only appears while the Settings window is open, rendering it unusable. If I turn auto-pause back on, then things really get screwy: hitting escape to open inventory or anything will immediately close. I can't even exit out of the game, and for some oddball reason the X button in the upper right for closing Terraria is grayed out, requiring me to open the task manager and force-kill Terraria.

This mod was unusable for me.

The first time I ran it, the UI elements appear, but only while the game is not paused (I play with auto-pause enabled). Upon disabling auto-pause, the UI elements vanish and I just see a health readout with no bar. When this happens, the UI only appears while the Settings window is open, rendering it unusable. If I turn auto-pause back on, then things really get screwy: hitting escape to open inventory or anything will immediately close. I can't even exit out of the game, and for some oddball reason the X button in the upper right for closing Terraria is grayed out, requiring me to open the task manager and force-kill Terraria.

So far you're the first to ever say something like this. As usual, disable every other mod you have to test, and if that doesn't work, trying a fresh install with just that mod installed, to see if it works on its own. I've never seen anything like that happen myself, but I've never used any auto-pause settings besides the default (which auto-pause when losing focus is on by default, i actually don't think there's an option to disable this naturally, unless you host online). I didn't program the original, I only helped to get it working in the latest modloader, and could not begin to really understand what would cause your problem, especially without experiencing it myself in some fashion.

Last edited:
This mod seems really great, but I'd love a way to turn off the stat window when you open the inventory, or just not have it there at all. Half the time I play with the inventory open, so it's pretty terrible to have that there.

Hello, hopefully everyone's doing alright.

Just as a progress update, while I haven't been able to work on it much the past week or two, one thing that's at least done is the framework on the tree, which has taken a good 450+ nodes to make (the 10 starting areas, and the paths that connect the framework). From here, the next steps are filling up the middle. Good news is that I should need to use trigonometry to place these nodes on the tree unlike I did to build the framework (the framework needed to look perfect in relation to everywhere else on the tree, so I needed to use some trig to put the right nodes where I wanted them, hard to explain I guess), but adding these nodes should be much faster so when I do work on it, I should be getting more done through it. To add, my computer's hard drive is dying (lots of bad blocks appearing, it is 6 1/2 years old after all) and I had to reformat, though luckily I was able to back up the work I did, but I need to buy a new hard drive soon, as well as back up on another drive. Can't let that scare happen again.

Hopefully the Legacy Rockos Mod has satiated you all for the time being and that its been working well for you all. I really hope to get this finished before the next path of exile release in a week, cause i'll probably want to play that a bit, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
Is there a way to turn off the stat window? if not you should add a hotkey to turn it on and off that isn't the esc key. I'd rather it not be on everytime I open the inventory.

Is there a way to turn off the stat window? if not you should add a hotkey to turn it on and off that isn't the esc key. I'd rather it not be on everytime I open the inventory.

Not in the Legacy version. I left most things as it was originally, but it wouldn't be a hard thing to remove if its that much of a bother. As is, it opens with both the inventory window opening as well as using the menu hotkey.

Not in the Legacy version. I left most things as it was originally, but it wouldn't be a hard thing to remove if its that much of a bother. As is, it opens with both the inventory window opening as well as using the menu hotkey.
Yea you can easily lock your game out of the settings menu if you accidentally (cause I didn't know) set the menu hotkey to the esc key. It causes the stat and menu screen to popup and for some reason it disables the ability to click the "settings" button in the bottom right of the screen when your inventory is open. This forces you to close out the game via the taskbar or task manager cause you can't quit to the main menu. Also if you set that hotkey to esc it permanently forces the stats screen to forever be visible if you ever at any point afterwords press esc which, yes does make it a bother. I just think that having them as 2 separate entities (like having each of them have their own hotkey instead of 1 of them defaulted to the esc key) would help with UI management. Not to be rude or anything...

Yea you can easily lock your game out of the settings menu if you accidentally (cause I didn't know) set the menu hotkey to the esc key. It causes the stat and menu screen to popup and for some reason it disables the ability to click the "settings" button in the bottom right of the screen when your inventory is open. This forces you to close out the game via the taskbar or task manager cause you can't quit to the main menu. Also if you set that hotkey to esc it permanently forces the stats screen to forever be visible if you ever at any point afterwords press esc which, yes does make it a bother. I just think that having them as 2 separate entities (like having each of them have their own hotkey instead of 1 of them defaulted to the esc key) would help with UI management. Not to be rude or anything...

I didn't make the UI, can't be rude to me about it. :D

You are doing an awesome work, Darkwolf.

Some thoughts on the mod. You mentioned earlier that you don't want to make the skill system to powerful, not to overshadow the vanilla content. While I agree with you in general about this, I feel that there should be nodes that can be described as "build defining", for the system to feel fun and rewarding.
PoE's rpg system is amazingly fun, not only because of its skill system. Legendaries and especially skill gems are also important aspects. More so, considering that out of, however big amount of nodes we got in PoE, 90% of them could be described for +x to main stat, just slightly more precise about the areas you want to upgrade your character in. The "meat" of skill tree are nodes like "Chaos Inoculation", "Blood Magic", "Unwavering Stance" etc.
So adding nodes like "Your magic spells electrocute your enemies for X% of the damage done" or "Your melee attacks steal 3% of the damage done as life, but you no longer regenerate life passively" would really spice the things up.

Anyway, thank you for picking up this mod. Impatient waiting intensifies!

You are doing an awesome work, Darkwolf.

Some thoughts on the mod. You mentioned earlier that you don't want to make the skill system to powerful, not to overshadow the vanilla content. While I agree with you in general about this, I feel that there should be nodes that can be described as "build defining", for the system to feel fun and rewarding.
PoE's rpg system is amazingly fun, not only because of its skill system. Legendaries and especially skill gems are also important aspects. More so, considering that out of, however big amount of nodes we got in PoE, 90% of them could be described for +x to main stat, just slightly more precise about the areas you want to upgrade your character in. The "meat" of skill tree are nodes like "Chaos Inoculation", "Blood Magic", "Unwavering Stance" etc.
So adding nodes like "Your magic spells electrocute your enemies for X% of the damage done" or "Your melee attacks steal 3% of the damage done as life, but you no longer regenerate life passively" would really spice the things up.

Anyway, thank you for picking up this mod. Impatient waiting intensifies!

Which would be nice and something i'd do after I at least finish the initial tree. The question is in what ways can I do this, since Terraria doesn't really have defining item types for Weapons/Skills, etc. I would have to create new systems or somehow reinvent what already exists. (The only system from the original that i've kept in is the Energy Shield system as far as new systems go. There's also 6 base Stats which perhaps they can be used as calculations for other bonuses. The potion system was hard coded modifying normal item types, and wouldn't work well in case other mods added their own potion types). I'm not too sure what kind of new resources I could put in to modify game play (a special meter, rage, non-weapon special skills, etc), but I'll figure out a way. I'm pretty sure there was a type of blood magic in the original, though instead of Mana into Life, it was Life into Mana. I'm not sure how to tweak it but I'll have to see. Designing the bulk of the tree and making sure it looks nice is the main step. Its not hard to add really special nodes in certain areas after that, though programming those special interactions is something else entirely. At one point, I've considered making "Auras" for party play that reserve Mana like in Path of Exile (basically a weapon that activate it), which would just act like buffs for those who do not use Mana or those who want to help others in party play (though I'd have to figure out how party interactions work).

I haven't gotten any work done at all sadly. With my HDD dying on me, I've been working online for some money to get me a replacement drive, though also getting some more ram and a 3GB storage drive which I almost have enough for. I did order the SSD and the ram so it should be here Tuesday according to amazon (hooray for amazon prime). So once I get that set up, it can put more effort into completing this, its been put off for quite a bit unfortunately, so sorry to keep everyone waiting. I wanted to play Path of Exile's new expansion but that might have to wait until the new SDD comes in. I get errors installing large files (bad sectors) so to be safe, downloading large files is not safe, but thankfully its coming!

Last edited:
Which would be nice and something i'd do after I at least finish the initial tree. The question is in what ways can I do this, since Terraria doesn't really have defining item types for Weapons/Skills, etc. I would have to create new systems or somehow reinvent what already exists. (The only system from the original that i've kept in is the Energy Shield system as far as new systems go. There's also 6 base Stats which perhaps they can be used as calculations for other bonuses). I'm not too sure what kind of new resources I could put in to modify game play (a special meter, rage, non-weapon special skills, etc), but I'll figure out a way. I'm pretty sure there was a type of blood magic in the original, though instead of Mana into Life, it was Life into Mana. I'm not sure how to tweak it but I'll have to see. Designing the bulk of the tree and making sure it looks nice is the main step. Its not hard to add really special nodes in certain areas after that, though programming those special interactions is something else entirely. At one point, I've considered making "Auras" for party play that reserve Mana like in Path of Exile (basically a weapon that activate it), which would just act like buffs for those who do not use Mana or those who want to help others in party play (though I'd have to figure out how party interactions).

I haven't gotten any work done at all sadly. With my HDD dying on me, I've been working online for some money to get me a replacement drive, though also getting some more ram and a 3GB storage drive which I almost have enough for. I did order the SSD and the ram so it should be here Tuesday according to amazon (hooray for amazon prime). So once I get that set up, it can put more effort into completing this, its been put off for quite a bit unfortunately, so sorry to keep everyone waiting. I wanted to play Path of Exile's new expansion but that might have to wait until the new SDD comes in. I get errors installing large files (bad sectors) so to be safe, downloading large files is not safe, but thankfully its coming!

Yeah, HDD problems can be a real pain. After experiencing it in a bad way once, I keep all the truly important data both on cloud services, and in case it's very important, on external hdd. Sometimes I feel that I'm too paranoid, but better safe than sorry I guess.
I understand about making it work in general, before the polishing and adding additional features. Will gladly help you "beta-testing" once you upload the first release ;)

hi, how do you start the skilltree, I want to start with the mage start but it says I requires health + or mana + or meditation and they require mage start, am I an idiot or is this a bug?

@Mirrodep @darkwolf7786
I just wanted to pop in to thank you two for reviving this mod. This was easily my favorite Terraria mod of all time and the one to make the game as close to (my idea of) perfect as possible.

I can finally enjoy this again. Thank you both so much.

hi, how do you start the skilltree, I want to start with the mage start but it says I requires health + or mana + or meditation and they require mage start, am I an idiot or is this a bug?

For Legacy Mod, when you start a new character, you need to open the skill tree up (which you'll have to set up the keybinding in terraria's keyboard options, just scroll down to the bottom where it gets to "mod keybindings". Anyway, once open, you click Skill Tree on the menu, then choose one of the three classes that should pop up. At this point, make sure you click "Mage" as once you click an option, its selected on that character.

Once you choose a class, that's all there is to it, you should have 1/1 points in the starting skill which might be named "Mage Start" somewhere in the top right corner of the tree. The original mod isn't clear on which nodes you've taken or not as they all look the same. The only way you can really tell is if there's points in it. Once you level up, you get a skill point and should be able to place the point into a node adjacent into the starting node. If I make any modifications to the Legacy Mod, i'll try to add the dark filter on unlearned nodes to try and make it clearer.

@Mirrodep @darkwolf7786
I just wanted to pop in to thank you two for reviving this mod. This was easily my favorite Terraria mod of all time and the one to make the game as close to (my idea of) perfect as possible.

I can finally enjoy this again. Thank you both so much.

Thanks, and sorry its taking so long.

Story Time: Last Tuesday I finally got my SDD and Ram. My computer was working great, it was fast, booting up and shutting down in seconds, could run POE in a flash, it was amazing. The next day I installed my 3 TB HDD when I got it. When trying to boot up, it was ok at first, but then I restarted my computer's graphics started glitching out, parts were missing off the screen and it didn't successfully boot into windows. After that, my graphics card was dead, wouldn't go into POST, no response from the computer other than it powering on, that's about it)

I spent a day testing what I could, at least figured that my graphics card was 100% dead, tried different pci-e slots, nothing went. So went to see if I could connect it via the integrated graphics. Turns out my computer's motherboard did not have an integrated graphics card (I never needed to use it before so I never noticed). Also, my computer does not appear to have an internal speaker (wasn't sure if it was just disabled for some reason since I never worried about it, but no, definitely does not have one).

In any case, I was pretty much out of a computer for a bit and I remembered my old old 2004 computer had a graphics card in it. I took it out and its just a really old flimsy thing, not a beast like graphics cards today. In any case, I put it in and it still worked. I was able to pretty much just browse the internet and watch youtube on it since it couldn't do anything else that computers need today. Luckily my friend's brother was around and he actually just upgraded his graphics card, so he still had his old one lying around that still worked. After waiting a couple days, he was able to bring it to me and it works great so far, i mean this is about 30 minutes to an hour of installing it, but my computers alive again at least. Gonna just let it do its thing and see if anything happens.

I'm still unconvinced if it was just the graphics card being old, me mishandling it when I installed the other parts, or my power supply malfunctioning since I don't have enough things to really test with (I don't have spare parts or newer spare computers to test, so figuring out the cause of compturs problems can be tough).

Anyway, hopefully if this proves to work well, I should be back on track to completing the base tree. Again, sorry its taking so long. I've been distracted mostly by my computer, mostly from scrounging up money for parts, then the hoo-hah this past week with the graphics card dying. I'm just happy for the moment that its back up.

Last edited:
You probably meant @Firequartz, in your response, and not me.
Anyway, I hope everything will work out well for you. Sorry to hear about your video card.
And yeah, companies stopped supplying pc speakers for years now. Last time, I needed one was like 4 years ago, more or less. I was lucky enough, that my friend got one lying around. Couldn't figure what was happening without it.

Back
Top Bottom