tModLoader Rockos ARPG

Hi! Your mod is cool but there are some bugs - I cannot chose the character class at the start and mod options, then I don't see a skill tree and when I close the game and load my character after that, it dies.

Hi! Your mod is cool but there are some bugs - I cannot chose the character class at the start and mod options, then I don't see a skill tree and when I close the game and load my character after that, it dies.
please read some of the posts.
i have explained to someone else before that for the menus to appear you might have to reassign the button for the menu on the mod key configs. it should say 'esc' which is wrong. click it and press the esc button and it should say 'escape'. If you've done that correctly it should work.

the character death is due to some glitch with the hp being negative when first creating the character.

the character class is chosen when first opening the skill tree which is available when opening the mod menu (explained above how to open it)

plz can somebody help me?

maybe try getting into hardmode and check if it works then. it didnt happen to me, which might be because i had entered hardmode before level 33

XD was playing and realized i couldn't drown. my health regen is so high now, it goes up faster than it goes down. Mix that with honey and solar eclipses become a joke as well, even with water candles and a battle potion increasing spawn rate.

Thanks for input. I can adjust life regen.

lel iv'e noticed the same with mana regen, INFINITE LAST PRISM!!!!

Thanks for the input. I will try to balance mana regen.

I did notice something like this, as well. The mod perhaps could do with balancing difficulty. It's fine up to level 40 or 60, depending on the choices you make, but when you hit a hundred and beyond, the game just stops being challenging. My level 130 character, wearing bee armour and imp summons, decimated the pirate invasion with ease. I did not get close to death once.

Nice to know. What summon do you use?

This mod still lags my game severely when I use the slime mount or dash with the Shield of Cthulhu. It's pissing me off, because I really want to use this mod. and YES, it IS this mods fault. I removed it, and there was no lag whatsoever.

I never played the mount I don't know why it would lag out tho since nothing should aaffect mount. I will need a save file with mounts.

The Re-spec feature does not work for me. Also, int he future will there be a re-spec for skill tree points??

The respec is still not implemented. Sorry for the delay. 1 man team

Rocko, what is your suggestion for me fixing this? I don't know what the problem is. I think you mentioned it being a problem with the player save file or something? Please, help!

Depends when it start to lag? I need more details.

please read some of the posts.
i have explained to someone else before that for the menus to appear you might have to reassign the button for the menu on the mod key configs. it should say 'esc' which is wrong. click it and press the esc button and it should say 'escape'. If you've done that correctly it should work.

the character death is due to some glitch with the hp being negative when first creating the character.

the character class is chosen when first opening the skill tree which is available when opening the mod menu (explained above how to open it)

maybe try getting into hardmode and check if it works then. it didnt happen to me, which might be because i had entered hardmode before level 33

I found where to reassign the mod key just right after my post, sorry. Are you going to add a summoner as a separate class?

I found where to reassign the mod key just right after my post, sorry. Are you going to add a summoner as a separate class?

Summoner is on the mage route. What else could affect minion anyway? They don't have hp , mp, or speed. With what's scaterred through the tree, I think there is some potential to use magic and summon togheter in a quite good way.

I still need to had stuff for the throw class so they get useful ;)

umm... just a nice hint... you are probably on the wrong thread because the shining armor you are talking about definitely isnt from this mod... as far as i know this mod doesnt add a single equipment piece.. maybe you mistook it for the tremor mod?

It is from this mod , I don't know if it's allowed but ... http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-tconfig-wip-rockos-arpg-mod.89116/ , there's all the items over there that the mod is suposed to add , and I don't have a single one of those , only the stats .

It is from this mod , I don't know if it's allowed but ... http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-tconfig-wip-rockos-arpg-mod.89116/ , there's all the items over there that the mod is suposed to add , and I don't have a single one of those , only the stats .
sir, you might want to stop visiting the TO forums, TCF is the current one and the old rockos arpg is for tconfig which is DEAD. rockos stated several times before: the tmodloader version is still beta. for info on what's implemented check the first post. nothing more to say about this..

OMG YES thx m8
edit:btw i have lvl 33 in pre-harmode and now i'm getting negative exp is it needed for me to be in hardmode?

like i said, you can always try to get into hardmode and see for yourself

sir, you might want to stop visiting the TO forums, TCF is the current one and the old rockos arpg is for tconfig which is DEAD. rockos stated several times before: the tmodloader version is still beta. for info on what's implemented check the first post. nothing more to say about this..

like i said, you can always try to get into hardmode and see for yourself
WELL I DID(sorry caps) and idk if its getting positive exp or not

Items was implemented as of tconfig. Now it have no real use and I don't think I will implement those item back except healing circle. But as of right now, the server are too buggy to do it, and by buggy, I am not able to make xp add in multiplayer since the code only run in the client side. I tried to experiment and nothing good happened.

OMG YES thx m8
edit:btw i have lvl 33 in pre-harmode and now i'm getting negative exp is it needed for me to be in hardmode?

What do you mean by negative xp? Can you give me more details please?

exemple: *kills a zombie* 785exp then it counts as negative

Counts as negative? What do you mean exactly? You lose exp, and 785, which kind of zombie give 785 xp?

It starts to lag ONLY when I jump with the slime mount or dash with the shield of Cthulhu.

I don't understand why the mount or shield could lag since I didn't write any code in those section. I will need more input on this one and a save file.

Counts as negative? What do you mean exactly? You lose exp, and 785, which kind of zombie give 785 xp?
first of all its a exemple
and yes i lose the exp
[doublepost=1457994068,1457993935][/doublepost]and i get like -7exp on my exp bar
[doublepost=1457994575][/doublepost]well gtg i explain beter tomorrow

0.9e -Fixed "Esc" menu key.
-Fixed hotkey timer.
-Fixed Hp/Mana negative on create.
-Fixed Negative Xp? - Need confirmation

Do you plan on adding an option to change the color of the menu backgrounds? I personally prefer darker colors for things I'll be looking at for long periods of time.

Do you plan on adding an option to change the color of the menu backgrounds? I personally prefer darker colors for things I'll be looking at for long periods of time.

i kind of agree there, that bright blue hurts a little bit after longer periods. a darker tone, slight background transparency, or the ability to set stuff like that on your own would make it more comfortable.

Nice to know. What summon do you use?

I was using Imp Summons. The item showed they had a base damage of over 60, and I had...more than 12 at the same time. Plus, with the Heartless node, I had over 3 thousand effective health in my mana, and also more than 4000 energy shield values. I just simply couldn't die, even with very low armour stats, because I kept recovering health faster than they could dish.

Of course, that's the Pirate Invasion. But, well. Imp Summons are fairly weak. Imagine the kind of wreckage that I could be doing if I was using Spider, or Pirate summons. There're, I think, three more 'Minions +' nodes I can get, and some more 'Minion Damage' ones.

The idea behind Path of Exile is that, by *not* having any points in the actual skill tree, your character is pretty much gimped, and can't do much of anything at all--can't wear most equipments, or use most skill gems. That's what allows the *very* extensive skill tree to actually work. In here, you're adding bonuses to an arguably working system. It's still the same content we could beat, given enough time and knowledge, on our own in Expert mode.

Maybe you can modify the enemies based on the player level? As in...dunno. Take 3/4 or 1/2 of the player level, and add the appropriate amount of stats to them, much like the players have. Maybe give the mobs skill points as well, and semi-randomly assign them? I dunno.

This is a really great mod, though, and the idea is nice. Unfortunately it's not really for me, as I enjoy challenges. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this. :>

hi imback and heres what i mean by negative exp
20160315122842_12.jpg

[doublepost=1458045315,1458045205][/doublepost]
-Fixed Negative Xp? - Need confirmation
its not fixed
[doublepost=1458045474][/doublepost]Know what if you add the thowerstuff anyways i'll have to delete this char so don't bother trieng to resolve that (or do you dicide)

Attachments

• 20160315122842_12.jpg
    20160315122842_12.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 211
This is a really great mod, though, and the idea is nice. Unfortunately it's not really for me, as I enjoy challenges. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

To be completely honest, I'd greatly appreciate it if this mod remains incredibly unbalanced in favor of the player. The other two RPG mods at the time, Terraria Leveled and N Terraria, are either completely unbalanced or balanced in favor of the game. It's not that I want everything handed to me (which is the ignorant argument of many pro-challenge people), but that I enjoy the ability to overpower enemies by way of level grinding. If I reach the end of an RPG and either the early game enemies can still put up a fight or I don't feel like a walking god, I typically don't value the journey.

Obviously, this is entirely subjective and it's up to Rockos. Realistically, I just hope if any nerfs are implemented, that I still have the ability to "Disgaea" it, and curb stomp the Moon Lord by sheer power.

Back
Top Bottom