tModLoader Rockos ARPG

I tried to fill a skill point in the question mark skill, but it won't let me. What is up with this skill?
unavailable skill... you should've been able to understand that by simply checking if it actually had a tooltip like the other skills :/ as for why it is unavailable but still in the tree... dunno, but dont let it bother you too much as the whole skill tree is being reworked

I've skimmed over the thred and not sure if people have had the same problem as me but the "Heartless" skill doesn't work properly damage taken doesn't take from my mana it hits me in my 1 heath point so "fatality" is any one else having this problem and if so do you have a solution

I've skimmed over the thred and not sure if people have had the same problem as me but the "Heartless" skill doesn't work properly damage taken doesn't take from my mana it hits me in my 1 heath point so "fatality" is any one else having this problem and if so do you have a solution
on around the last 2 pages there have been multiple reports of that issue, you didnt skim enough :p but sadly this issue came up after Rockos worked on some damage issues with heartless, and might be a bug which is not solveable until rockos fixes it. the only thing you can do is ignore heartless until its fixed, or pretend that energy shield is your new "hp" instead of mana

I know that after I got myself around level 200 and with more mp, you start to really notice that it is working as intended.

It can be that you used too much mp, and assume that you didn't use much at all. But early on, it's pretty much hard to tell if it's working.

I know that after I got myself around level 200 and with more mp, you start to really notice that it is working as intended.

It can be that you used too much mp, and assume that you didn't use much at all. But early on, it's pretty much hard to tell if it's working.
its better to have rockos check the code though, as someone posted a video of what is happening. he was hit by a slime while he had 400 mp and once the slime was through the energy shield he simply died

Ya. By the way the summon damage perks, are they meant to scale with level/magic or no. I ask because my star dust summons do only 1 damage to the creatures I'm fighting AKA Eye of Cthulhu w/ShuVi's mod. If its meant to its broken if not could you make it a thing plz.

It doesn't scale at all. And it's not advisable to use that mod with summoning unless you're using them for crowd control. May be viable with stardust dragon, but we can't say for sure if that's workable.

Although I'm not sure if there is any mod that can add in a Bone serpent as a summon item.

But when the change up of the tree/system comes, then it will happen.

Ya. By the way the summon damage perks, are they meant to scale with level/magic or no. I ask because my star dust summons do only 1 damage to the creatures I'm fighting AKA Eye of Cthulhu w/ShuVi's mod. If its meant to its broken if not could you make it a thing plz.
It doesn't scale at all. And it's not advisable to use that mod with summoning unless you're using them for crowd control. May be viable with stardust dragon, but we can't say for sure if that's workable.

Although I'm not sure if there is any mod that can add in a Bone serpent as a summon item.

But when the change up of the tree/system comes, then it will happen.
with the new skill tree, the balancing on my mod will change aswell.
just a heads up.

with the new skill tree, the balancing on my mod will change aswell.
just a heads up.
Which is appropriate. The npc mod does need to increase in a steady increase. Maybe make it so the specific mob get harder for every 50 kills, then have the boss have a VERY small portion of those mobs killed to increase it's own level/stats?

Because if anyone tried to install your mod on prehard, then they gotta level up around 50 or so to kinda maintain in the world. And when you get into hardmode, that's probably around level 300 to kinda manage mobs in there. But like I said before, the bosses do need to get lighter in stats.

I tried it and to be honest, not too great. It makes the game WAY too easy as the first couple of upgrades alone can give you hundreds in max health. Also the gui is really buggy

I tried it and to be honest, not too great. It makes the game WAY too easy as the first couple of upgrades alone can give you hundreds in max health. Also the gui is really buggy
this is all going to change :/ also this mod is meant to make only the player stronger, which is kind of the reason i made my npc booster mod.

Which is appropriate. The npc mod does need to increase in a steady increase. Maybe make it so the specific mob get harder for every 50 kills, then have the boss have a VERY small portion of those mobs killed to increase it's own level/stats?

Because if anyone tried to install your mod on prehard, then they gotta level up around 50 or so to kinda maintain in the world. And when you get into hardmode, that's probably around level 300 to kinda manage mobs in there. But like I said before, the bosses do need to get lighter in stats.
i'm not sure how i could go at it... i will check if there are hooks for the kill counts of monsters... but this might be a bit troublesome with some which arent getting counted and the number of monsters, as i would have to add my own counters or call all the counters, which i dont exactly have the time for.

what i can do is give bosses their own multipliers.

about the fact that people have to level up... ofc they do. also leveling up is quite easy. the mod is meant to actually make the game challenging even with rockos...

btw: regarding summoners, i will see for myself if the mobs require a slight nerf especially for summoners. (last summoner run of mine was before the scaling update)

Summons only do 1 damage. I think they should scale with level so they can be a little more viable.
can you specify which summons and at which point they started dealing only 1 damage, also at which mobs and which prefixes they have?
also could we move balancement issues with my mod to my thread?

In the skilltree there are some nodes with this [?] ..do they need some special action or havent been implemented yet?
I tried to fill a skill point in the question mark skill, but it won't let me. What is up with this skill?

unavailable skill... you should've been able to understand that by simply checking if it actually had a tooltip like the other skills :/ as for why it is unavailable but still in the tree... dunno, but dont let it bother you too much as the whole skill tree is being reworked
it was on the same page :p

can you specify which summons and at which point they started dealing only 1 damage, also at which mobs and which prefixes they have?
also could we move balancement issues with my mod to my thread?
Would be useless to try to change thing on your mod for the summon as Rockos ARPG doesn't provide any significant bonus for summon (and trowing) compared to other sources (magic, ranged, melee).
In can do 150k+ dps on melee with not much trouble late game while summon do 100-2000 dps (with the correct stuff , which reduce my melee dps a lot)

You can try to look at it later when Rockos ARPG stats on level up affect trowing and summon damage value. Meanwhile, best is to just let it go. (doing 1 or 100 dmg is useless in both case when you hit hardmode as *most* summon prevent you from hitting a mob)

Back
Top Bottom