Rod of Discord farm?

MikeTheGreat

Terrarian
Not sure if this is the right section, but does anyone know how to make a rod of Discord farm? Me and my brother have been trying for about an hour with almost no luck

I'd put this in Cross-Platform, but the most basic way is just to build a giant corridor 70 or so blocks left and right in the Underground Hallow, with a volcano trap (a pit with smoothed sides and lava in the centre) in the middle and you sitting under. Just put one lava bucket in a 7-block wide hole, and use an actuated passage to get in and out. Just sit under the volcano trap and set up a Water Candle for maximum spawn rate. If you want, setting up a dart trap either side of your volcano will activate any Mimics which will get you even more cash and items. However, Chaos Elementals (the only enemies that drop Rod of Discord) are a relatively rare spawn, and it's only a 1/500 chance you'll get a Rod anyway. It can take upwards of an hour to farm for one, so stay patient and don't leave your box and you'll be okay.

But that's the thing, Chaos Elementals are tough to get spawning in the 3DS version, is this farm working for that?

Chaos Elementals are a rare spawn in all versions. Building the type of farm I just described will give the maximum chance to spawn one, there's no more that can be done.

Ok, not sure how to describe this, but the biome recognition is messed up, in some spots the music is constantly changing from cavern to hallow, unless I light it up

As long as you are in a Hallow, Hallowed mobs will spawn. Just build your farm core where the Hallow music plays.

Back
Top Bottom