Mobile Rod of Discord? More like Rod of Death!

You are very smart.

RoD is supposed to kill, for no spawn.

Also, this is not a bug, so dont put priority.

Fake info also dont helps, galaxy s10 does not exist and this OS does not exist.

This happened to me. after 5 hours of farming I was very disappointed at the rod of discord. it's bugged because of autoswing: with each tap it teleports you several billion times, thus it kills you with chaos state. (please REMOVE chaos state from mobile)

You are very smart.

RoD is supposed to kill, for no spawn.

Also, this is not a bug, so dont put priority.

Fake info also dont helps, galaxy s10 does not exist and this OS does not exist.

It's supposed to kill you if you use it twice in 8 seconds. In the Mobile version, it kills you whenever you use it, even if its the first time using it.

It's supposed to kill you if you use it twice in 8 seconds. In the Mobile version, it kills you whenever you use it, even if its the first time using it.
it takes away 100 health every time you teleport with chaos state, I've noticed I didn't teleport where I wanted and there were multiple pink teleportation particles behind me.

Also after getting disappointed. I call this rod
Rod of...DOOM!
because it teleports you several hundred times per simple tap.

it takes away 100 health every time you teleport with chaos state, I've noticed I didn't teleport where I wanted and there were multiple pink teleportation particles behind me.
Sometimes it works but leaves me with 100 health, but usually it instantly kills me (I have 500 health normally)

• In the
    Mobile_only.png
    Mobile version, the Rod of Discord doesn't work properly. The player will die after teleporting, with strange and varying death messages.

• In the
    Mobile_only.png
    Mobile version, the Rod of Discord doesn't work properly. The player will die after teleporting, with strange and varying death messages.
I was the person who wrote that on the wiki at least half a year ago. My death messages I get are "Structures" and "Avaliable for crafting", but I know that the message depends on the character/device.

I was the person who wrote that on the wiki at least half a year ago. My death messages I get are "Structures" and "Avaliable for crafting", but I know that the message depends on the character/device.
Ohh haha I was wondering why it was saying that whilst I was on multiplayer obviously someone was trying to use the rod of death

This seems to be a problem on every mobile version, not just Android. The only difference that I can tell is that the death message in Android is "melee damage" and the death message in iOS is either "structures" or "available for crafting".

This seems to be a problem on every mobile version, not just Android. The only difference that I can tell is that the death message in Android is "melee damage" and the death message in iOS is either "structures" or "available for crafting".
The Rod of Discord works properly since the recent update :merchantgrin:, except if I die from Chaos State my death message is "[DT4]" or something like that.

Wait so the Rod Of Discord was glitched but now it isnt in the recent update but the number one question Is if the Rod Of Discord is the number two killer of Terraria (Mobile version obviously) next to the Dungeon Guardian

This is because the
Mobile_only.png
Mobile version items or weapons always Auto-Fire, and the RoD does auto-fire too, making it keeps teleporting in DOZEN times.
maybe just touch it on the screen, dont use 'Le Swinging Pad' or it will kill you
But touching it on the screen will damage you 100 hearts

The damage of the rod is dependant on the distance between the character and the location touched.

In addition, only the direction is determined by toucxh, not the distance. This means that touching towards one direction will cause you to continuously teleport in that direction till you cannot teleport in that direction any more due to it being occupied by blocks already.

Usage of the rod of discord to enter into underground tunnels is effective if digging is wished to be avoided.

Usage to enter rooms and make them innaccesible without teleportation is possible as well without health loss if properly built.

Never point the rod above you when in the surface, you will continuously teleport upwards and die.

Conclusion: while the Rod of Discord loses its effectiveness in mobile (not being viable as a method to avoid boss damage), it retains its gimmick style if properly utilized and foresight of its limitations are taken into consideration.

Experiment and you shall see.

Back
Top Bottom