OOC Role Play - Calamity Adventure OOC

Basically, I do something like this for tagged skills?

Daggar, Sneak, Survival?

Also, can I make my own skills in combat?

Here are my skills

Swift Blade - Paralyze: AoE Skill. User dashes forward and swings around them. Any enemy hit has a 50% chance to get paralyzed for 1-4 turns.

Assassin Blade - Poison: Single Target. The user slashes the enemy. 100% chance of receiving the poison debuff. Poison Damage is based on HP

Assassin Blade - Null: Single Target. The user slashes the enemy. Nullifies status effects.

Stance of the Runner: Reaction Skill. When the user gets hit, AGI stat gets raised.

Infernal Delivery: Single target slash skill. 25% chance to inflict Death Sentence (Three turns then death)

Direct Kill: Single target pierce attack. The user throws the dagger directly at the enemy, doing massive damage.

I've yet to figure out base damage. Feel free to tell me which ones I can use

*Confusion* Skills, I thought you were going to make something like Doctor or First Aid, or a new weapon thing skill.

Well, I believe I'm going to have to make a new section, this time being called 'Techniques'.

Now that I think about it, it seems like the Fallout 'Perks'.

Swift Blade - Paralyze: AoE Skill. User dashes forward and swings around them. Any enemy hit has a 50% chance to get paralyzed for 1-4 turns.

Should only be for organic targets. Not for inorganic entities.

Assassin Blade - Poison: Single Target. The user slashes the enemy. 100% chance of receiving the poison debuff. Poison Damage is based on HP

I'll allow it, as long you actually have a supply of poison.

Assassin Blade - Null: Single Target. The user slashes the enemy. Nullifies status effects.

*Looks at the status effects.* Well, doesn't make sense you nullify being on fire, poisoned, irradiated, stunned, etc. Plus, in the beginning, this kinda becomes useless, given not much creatures (Just critters like rats and slimes) have status effects. But... I'll allow it.

Stance of the Runner: Reaction Skill. When the user gets hit, AGI stat gets raised.

There is no AGI stat. Defaulting to DX stat. Better be only for the duration of a battle you are active in, and stacks to 5.

Infernal Delivery: Single target slash skill. 25% chance to inflict Death Sentence (Three turns then death)

Cannot be used in boss battles. Only qualm that I have.

Direct Kill: Single target pierce attack. The user throws the dagger directly at the enemy, doing massive damage.

Throw skill: Am I a joke to you?
Um... Well. Just... going to... Well, here's a new trait for you.

Skilled:
Since you spend more time improving your skills than a normal person, you gain more skill points in certain skills.
However, you suffer a penalty of -1 Attribute point every 10 skill points gained through this trait.

Spend your Attribute Points on your attributes
An attribute of 1 is the lowest score, with no upper limit. 10 is the average ability and is the default setting. 8 to 12 is considered normal. 16 and above are unusual. Ratings of 20 and more are equal to superhuman ability.
You have a maximum of 50 points to allocate.
The 'flat' character will have 12 in each attribute, with two allocated wherever you want.
You can discard your attribute points during character creation if you want a weaker character, but be careful, as it will be permanent if you confirm that you discard them.

The attributes are as follows:
Strength (ST), a measure of “brawn” or physical muscle.
Dexterity (DX), a measure of agility and coordination.
Intelligence (IQ), a measure of brainpower, alertness, adaptability and general background experience.
Health (HT), a measure of energy and vitality. Of course, death is not final here. So...

If you want more attribute points, you can reduce another attribure, gaining one attribute point for every point you lower the attribute. No attribute can drop below one. You can lower any attribute, or combination of attribute.

It would be possible to gain more attribute points through certain circumstances, like gaining perks or discovering certain things. Some objects can permanently increase your attributes.

Your attributes affect these stats:

Carry Weight
The total amount of equipment that you can lug around the world is represented by your carry weight. The higher your carry weight the more equipment you can
carry, which is quite obvious. You can carry a total amount of equipment in kilograms equal to your carry weight, and no more.
Initial Value: 50 * ST

Action Points
The number of action points you have will determine how many different actions you can take during a turn. Every action will have a different action point cost, which is subtracted from your total action points. When you run out of action points, you will be unable to do another action until your next turn. As long as you are not in combat, you do not need to use action points. However, when you enter combat, you are required to use action points for your actions, besides looking around. Upon ending battle or the next turn comes, your action points will be refilled to full. Initial Value: ((DX + HT)/4) +5

Actions List

These use action points. Action points are only used in combat.

Reloading - Reload a weapon that is missing ammunition. Uses one (1) action point.
Attack, Quick - Costs the Weapon's AP cost. Used for normal attacking.
Attack, Targeted/Aimed - Costs Weapon's AP cost + 1 AP. Used for targeting certain parts of the target (Head, torso, arms.) which can result in crippling the target's limbs.
Attack, Burst - Cost the Weapon's AP cost +1 AP. Fires multiple shots, at a low accuracy and a burn through ammo.
Walking/Running - Running or walking will cost one action point for every cell on the room map (If any.) you move.
Use an item - Consumable non-weapon items that are held by the character's hands cost no action points to use. However, using a consumable non-weapon item from your inventory that you are not holding will cost you two action points.

Sequence
This is used specifically for PVP, though it can be used for other purposes.
This calculates the order of who goes first, unless one chooses to give up their turn.
Initial Value: DX + IQ

Ex: If Character 1 has 30 sequence while Character 2 has 40 sequence, Character 2 will go first in combat.

Select three tag skills.
Skills are learned abilities. As you gain experience, your skills will improve, unlike your basic attribute. The higher the skill, the more likely you will succeed in using it or the more effective it will become. All skills have a max of 200. They can be improved by reading books, or simply practicing your skills.
Tagged skills are what you are good at learning. They are what you excel at, if you will. Each skill that is tagged will be increased by 20, and will be doubled for every skill point you gain in the tagged skill. You can have a maximum of three (3) tagged skills.

This is the complete skills list.

Melee Weapons - Swords, Clubs, Sledges, etc. Initial Value: 25 + ST
Small Guns - Pistols, Rifles, and small arms. Initial Value: 25 + DX
Big Guns - Mini-guns, Missile Launchers, etc. Initial Value: 25 + ((ST + DX) / 2)
Energy Weapons - Weapons that are like laser or plasma weapons fall into this. Initial Value: 25 + ((DX + IQ)/2)
Arcane - Weapons, spells, or other known actions that use mana fall into this. Initial Value: 25 + IQ
Unarmed - Combat through the use of fists. Initial Value: 25 + ST
Throwing - Grenades, Throwing Knives, Spears. Initial Value: 25 + ((ST + DX) /2)
Archery - Bows and arrows. Initial Value: 25 + DX
Doctor - The healing of major wounds and crippled limbs. Used to cure status effects. Initial Value: 25 + IQ
First Aid - General healing skill. Used to heal small cuts, abrasions and other minor ills. Used specifically to heal HP, if any. Initial Value: 25 + IQ
Lockpick - The skill of opening locks without the proper key. Initial Value: 25 + ((IQ + DX) /2)
Repair - The practical application of the Science skill. The fixing of broken equipment, machinery and electronics. Initial Value: 25 + ((IQ + DX) /2)
Science - Covers a variety of hi-technology skills, such as computers, biology, physics and geology. Initial Value: 25 + IQ
Sneak - Quiet movement, and the ability to remain unnoticed. If successful, you will be much harder to locate. You cannot run and sneak at the same time. Initial Value: 25 + DX
Steal - The ability to make the things of others your own. Can be used to steal from people or places. Initial Value: 25 + DX
Explosives - The finding and removal of traps. Also the setting of explosives for demolition purposes. Increases the damage of grenades and explosive attacks. Initial Value: 25 + DX
Vehicle - The ability to drive and operate vehicles, and perhaps other machines. Initial Value: 25 + ((IQ+DX)/2)
Barter - Trading and trade-related tasks. The ability to get better prices for items you sell, and lower prices for items you buy. Initial Value: 25 + IQ
Survival - Practical knowledge of the ability to live off the land. The knowledge of plants and animals. Initial Value: 25 + ((IQ + ST)/2)
Speech - The ability to communicate in a practical and efficient manner. The skill of convincing others that your position is correct. The ability to lie and not get caught. Initial Value: 25 + IQ

Choose up to two Traits

Traits are characteristics that better define who you are. All traits have a good impact and a bad impact. If you want the good effect of a trait, you must take the bad with it.
Fortunately traits are optional. You do not have to take any traits, the choice is yours.
If you want to choose a trait, you must do it during character creation, since you cannot change any trait once the character is created.

Here is an example.

Night Person
Benefit - +1 IQ and DX between 6:01 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.
Penalty - -1 IQ and DX between 6:01 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.
(Probably going to have to figure out the time system again...)

However, you can make other traits, if you want, but they cannot be too powerful.
After reading that, here is an form you can fill out in order to begin. If you do not know certain things, please go back and read on the section you forgot or did not hear about before.

Name - This is what you will be called.
Gender - This is what you classify as, Male, Female, Both, or None.
Age - This is how old you are.
ST -
DX -
IQ -
HT -
Tagged Skills - Maximum of three. Place the tagged skills you want here.
Traits - (I would consider using the Traits to define being a part of a species, if you are a different species)
(Not doing story or personality, because we can learn them afterwards. Plus, seems a bit silly to do a psychiatric evaluation on yourself while filling out a form. But then again, the characters themselves probably won't get the book anyways.)

Here is an example:

Name - Katie
Gender - Female
Age - 20
ST - 8
DX - 16
IQ - 16
HT - 10
Tagged Skills - Small Guns, Lockpick, Speech
Traits - Small Frame[Agile, +1 DX, but weaker, -1 HT], and Finesse [Less damage, but chance of piercing attacks.]

You can use this in order to calculate your stats.
Character Calculator.xlsx
This also allows you to keep track of your stats easier. Make sure to practice your skills when possible!

And with that, concludes the character creation section, now onto maps.

Maps
Code:
+-----------+---+---+--------+---+---+
| Section 1 | A | B | C      | D | E |
| 1         |   |   | Town B |   |   |
| 2         |   |   |        |   |   |
| 3         |   |   | Town A |   |   |
| 4         |   |   |        |   |   |
| 5         |   |   | Town C |   |   |
This an example of a map. These can be used to describe objects around you. They are not exclusive to being a world map, it can show rooms, if the option is available.

Code:
+-----------+---+---------+--------------+-----+---+
| Section 1 | A | B       | C            | D   | E |
| 1         |   |         | Door         |     |   |
| 2         |   |         |              |     |   |
| 3         |   |         | You are here |     |   |
| 4         |   |         |              |     |   |
| 5         |   | Desk    | Chair        | Bed |   |
|           |   | Has:    |              |     |   |
|           |   | Pencils |              |     |   |
As seen here, this map describes a room. Of course, there are areas that cannot record a map, to which you will have to rely on other senses to navigate.

If you wish to make a map, please use this tool: https://www.tablesgenerator.com/text_tables

If you need reference, here is some items.

10mm Gun
Damage - 5 -12
Ammo Type - 10mm
Ammo Capacity - 12 (How much ammo it can hold at a time.)
Weight - 3
Value - 250

*With that, the book's pages ends.*

Q: Why the amount of stats?
A: It gives a reason to do things like get stronger. Also allows event makers to make sure some people are able to do some things while others cannot. Like a Doctor check in order to make sure they know about injuries or can see if anything else is wrong.
Q: You said this was freeform, how is this possible with the skills?
A: I merely did the system so the event makers have a bit of an easier time making sure characters can do the things they can do (Like using the steal skill to obviously steal from each other) without yelling at each other about godmodding and how characters should be able to detect that when they can't, etc. etc.
Q: Why can't my character have so much high stats?
A: Because it considered godmodding. Though, the system is built to be possible to be hands off.

Going to have make where people get techniques from. Just wait...

Thanks for making the OOC thread. Also I'll actually post in the RP when Bubby responds to my comment on DA. Permission's always a good thing to get.

It's there tho.
Screenshot-2019-8-19 Copy of Character Calculator xlsx(1).png

I didn't see that on first glance, could it just be a tiny bit more noticeable? Not in a way that in impeeds on usage. Thanks!
[doublepost=1566241598,1566241480][/doublepost]Nope it's not I just checked

Behold.
Screenshot-2019-8-19 Copy of Character Calculator xlsx(2).png

In the bottom right corner
[doublepost=1566241656,1566241616][/doublepost]*Instantly rages about how ninjaing keeps happening*

Somehow it is missing on my sheet oof
[doublepost=1566241891,1566241752][/doublepost]Also quick thing: notice how the tables are all filled with white in their reigons which are numbers. Just a consistant thing and shows well where they end and start.

Back
Top Bottom