• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

IC Role Play - Calamity Adventure

Should I bring in the Chicken Nugget Wand

• YES!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a chicken nugget wand?

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murphmario

Retinazer
((Gotta say, you do have a point.))

Edit: ((Also it turns out I accidentially pressed the button to ignore Chir's posts. Oops.))

Animus Viral

Skeletron Prime
Murphmarlo said:
((Also it turns out I accidentally pressed the button to ignore Chir's posts. Oops.))
(Simple oof.)

“'Your efforts will contribute in turning this place into a better one...' ... Glorious, yet empty words. I was pretty passionate in the past. Being responsible for a whole department, how good is that? I didn’t even like drinking coffee then. Should I say I developed the taste for coffee when I learned the bitterness of life... Or is it the need to stay awake? Of course we don’t need to sleep at all, but the mood, you know?”

A few moments pass.

"Guess I was right. Even when people are living in a place like this, it's still a abandoned place. Abandoned of all passion, hope, and all the sort. Guess I was right indeed."

(Guess, I was right, indeed. So. It appears that even if Bubby were to return, you people wouldn't even give a damn. That would easily mean some of you were putting your faith into someone who wouldn't be able to do what you think they would be able to do. Figures. But I think you should know of the quote 'it takes a village'. Not contributing, even when it seems hopeless, only further weakens what you are striving for. Oh well. Not like people are reading this much, are they?)

"...Quiet, isn’t it? Like as if you woken up early to walk the streets during the dawn. It’s always hard to believe such a quiet place like this was once engulfed by pandemonium."

(Hehehe)

"Oh well. Might as well leave. If anyone isn't in some brain dead state, no intended offense, but's the truth given what is right now, if they are determined enough, they'll find me."
*Begins to leave.*

Last edited:

Mandrake167

Terrarian
It was always morning somewhere in the morning. It was a given fact. When one place was night, the other was the day, and somewhere in that day laid a morning. And in that foggy morning, five people lounged near a misty pond, shivering at the cold dewey air. Did they really exist? Doubtful. Did they have their impact nonetheless? Also doubtful. Were they the tellings of something lurking beyond the shadows, out of reach and inconceivable, yet a looming threat? Of course.

Because inside that pond was an image that encompassed everything the world here had. The past, the present, and the future of this calamity.

"What a :red:show," one of the people said, his mangled hair and crooked smile betraying the insanity that laid beneath. He kicked at the dirt that was hardened below the thick fog, "I wish we could just trample over it, step it flat like a pancake!"

"You've tried that once before though, haven't ya?" Karac asked, repeatedly flipping a nickel into the air, "How did that fare for you again? Right. You got forcibly expelled."

Karac was a mysterious figure with a bright lime cloak-like jacket that covered him head to feet and left what seemed to be a rush of black hair and uncompromising silver eyes for anyone to see. Unlike the other three, he wasn't shivering. After all, he was from this world, whilst the others could only call themselves visitors. Unwelcome visitors in fact (although not in Karac's eyes).

Additionally, he was the protagonist of this story. So, of course, his plot armor would shield him from the cold.

"Well, I do have to agree that there were better empires around," an androgynous figure dressed in a trenchcoat and fedora said, "This is like the Aztec Empire, and when you compare it to the Europeans: Absolutely nothing." The figure took out a banana from their pockets and bit into it without peeling it first.

"Nothing?" a sweet young boy who was leaning sleepily on a halberd asked, "Isn't that a bit eurocentric?"

"No, I don't mean it like that, idiot," the trenchcoat clad figure said, pointing the banana accusingly at the young boy, "They were both very strong empires that had their own weaknesses. But do you know what was the significant difference between them?"

"Human sacrifices?" the young boy guessed.

"Yes, but no," trenchcoat person said, "The Aztecs didn't have the wheel. Now take that info into this world we have, and compare it to something like... I dunno... Pensalir. Do you get what I mean? The depth of the Aztecs was much lower. When you don't have the wheel, but both of them still have an empire, the difference is day and night, get it?"

The young boy chewed on his lip as he tried to grasp the controversial history lesson being thrown his way.

"You have one group that has depth, in each individual person, in each individual plot, and then you have one group that doesn't have that depth. Everything is dim, lacking, each individual person, boring, and without any depth. Which world would you rather be in? The boring one, the Aztecs, this one, or the shining example of storytelling, the Europeans?"

"What sort of bull:red: are you spewing?" a robotic voice said, coming from a person who looked more like a machine than human, "I know that you get your power from arguments that you believe are right, but you can't just spew puke like that and expect us to understand the insanity."

"Ok boomer," trenchcoat person said, walking towards the cyborg, "You wanna fight? I got the advantage. I'm right."

"I'll fight you any day, plantain boy," the cyborg said.

But before either of them could make a move at each other, Karac finally moved. He had been listening to plantain boy's argument, which was so metaphorical (and unintentionally racist) that Karac knew that most people wouldn't understand. But Karac understood every word of it. The description of the world he lived in, compared to the utopia-like world that existed before it all and was abandoned.

So with one flick of his hand, a nickel was sent flying towards the cyborg, which impaled him in the head, leaving behind a coin-sized crater. With a thump, the cyborg fell to the ground, dead.

"I totally understand what you mean," Karac said to plantain boy, "Just don't risk your life justifying it, please."

"So what now?" the young boy said, completely unfazed by the blood of it all.

"We watch it burn!" the insane guy said, "Just as this world deserves!"

"I kinda wish that I couldn't have jumped into the chaos here," the young boy said, "Rile it all up."

"You'll have another chance at some point," Karac said, "All you have to do is take advantage of it when it comes."

"Let's get outta here," the insane guy said, "I don't want to deal with all these convoluted metaphors anymore... or the stupid memories."

"Where will you go?" plantain boy asked Karac.

"Well, I'll be getting out of this nightmare," Karac replied, "I've been stuck in it for way too long, with its nonsensical lore, dizzying pace, and thin existence. It's a sad world that this has become."

"Wait, you're in pain?" the young boy asked, "I wouldn't have ever guessed it. You were so into the destruction plans that we had."

"This place is a dumpster fire," Karac said, "And I'm the burning trash."

"That's... a horrible metaphor," plantain boy said, "I'm sorry that this metaverse's transformation has done that to you."

"Well, I'm off," the young boy said, "I've got felonies to commit."

"It's time for me to rest," the insane guy said. He turned towards Karac, and for a moment, Karac could see the valiant hero with the head tattoo and curved sword that he had always talked about, "Thank you Karac. Although we weren't able to help each other, I am glad that we could have your presence."

"No problem, Xaniel," Karac replied.

Karac watched as the young boy heaved his halberd over his shoulder and walked away with the insane guy until it was just the plantain boy left.

"Three months of planning," plantain boy said, "And then six months of doing nothing. Then we have this. A desperate view of the destruction. I wonder how No Name and Mr. Winters is doing."

And with that, the plantain boy pulled the cyborg's dead body over his shoulder, popped another banana into his mouth, and moved into the overwhelming fog after the young boy and the insane guy. Until it was just Karac.

Karac silently fished out another nickel and raised the deadly coin up to his mouth, before he tipped back his head and swallowed the coin.

What a horrible place.

Animus Viral

Skeletron Prime
(IDK why that post is here, but I found some... stuff possibly regarding it. Thanks to my conspiracy habits.)
Mandrake 167 said:
It was always morning somewhere in the morning. It was a given fact. When one place was night, the other was the day, and somewhere in that day laid a morning. And in that foggy morning, five people lounged near a misty pond, shivering at the cold dewey air. Did they really exist? Doubtful. Did they have their impact nonetheless? Also doubtful. Were they the tellings of something lurking beyond the shadows, out of reach and inconceivable, yet a looming threat? Of course.

Because inside that pond was an image that encompassed everything the world here had. The past, the present, and the future of this calamity.

"What a :red:show," one of the people said, his mangled hair and crooked smile betraying the insanity that laid beneath. He kicked at the dirt that was hardened below the thick fog, "I wish we could just trample over it, step it flat like a pancake!"

"You've tried that once before though, haven't ya?" Karac asked, repeatedly flipping a nickel into the air, "How did that fare for you again? Right. You got forcibly expelled."

Karac was a mysterious figure with a bright lime cloak-like jacket that covered him head to feet and left what seemed to be a rush of black hair and uncompromising silver eyes for anyone to see. Unlike the other three, he wasn't shivering. After all, he was from this world, whilst the others could only call themselves visitors. Unwelcome visitors in fact (although not in Karac's eyes).

Additionally, he was the protagonist of this story. So, of course, his plot armor would shield him from the cold.

"Well, I do have to agree that there were better empires around," an androgynous figure dressed in a trenchcoat and fedora said, "This is like the Aztec Empire, and when you compare it to the Europeans: Absolutely nothing." The figure took out a banana from their pockets and bit into it without peeling it first.

"Nothing?" a sweet young boy who was leaning sleepily on a halberd asked, "Isn't that a bit eurocentric?"

"No, I don't mean it like that, idiot," the trenchcoat clad figure said, pointing the banana accusingly at the young boy, "They were both very strong empires that had their own weaknesses. But do you know what was the significant difference between them?"

"Human sacrifices?" the young boy guessed.

"Yes, but no," trenchcoat person said, "The Aztecs didn't have the wheel. Now take that info into this world we have, and compare it to something like... I dunno... Pensalir. Do you get what I mean? The depth of the Aztecs was much lower. When you don't have the wheel, but both of them still have an empire, the difference is day and night, get it?"

The young boy chewed on his lip as he tried to grasp the controversial history lesson being thrown his way.

"You have one group that has depth, in each individual person, in each individual plot, and then you have one group that doesn't have that depth. Everything is dim, lacking, each individual person, boring, and without any depth. Which world would you rather be in? The boring one, the Aztecs, this one, or the shining example of storytelling, the Europeans?"

"What sort of bull:red: are you spewing?" a robotic voice said, coming from a person who looked more like a machine than human, "I know that you get your power from arguments that you believe are right, but you can't just spew puke like that and expect us to understand the insanity."

"Ok boomer," trenchcoat person said, walking towards the cyborg, "You wanna fight? I got the advantage. I'm right."

"I'll fight you any day, plantain boy," the cyborg said.

But before either of them could make a move at each other, Karac finally moved. He had been listening to plantain boy's argument, which was so metaphorical (and unintentionally racist) that Karac knew that most people wouldn't understand. But Karac understood every word of it. The description of the world he lived in, compared to the utopia-like world that existed before it all and was abandoned.

So with one flick of his hand, a nickel was sent flying towards the cyborg, which impaled him in the head, leaving behind a coin-sized crater. With a thump, the cyborg fell to the ground, dead.

"I totally understand what you mean," Karac said to plantain boy, "Just don't risk your life justifying it, please."

"So what now?" the young boy said, completely unfazed by the blood of it all.

"We watch it burn!" the insane guy said, "Just as this world deserves!"

"I kinda wish that I couldn't have jumped into the chaos here," the young boy said, "Rile it all up."

"You'll have another chance at some point," Karac said, "All you have to do is take advantage of it when it comes."

"Let's get outta here," the insane guy said, "I don't want to deal with all these convoluted metaphors anymore... or the stupid memories."

"Where will you go?" plantain boy asked Karac.

"Well, I'll be getting out of this nightmare," Karac replied, "I've been stuck in it for way too long, with its nonsensical lore, dizzying pace, and thin existence. It's a sad world that this has become."

"Wait, you're in pain?" the young boy asked, "I wouldn't have ever guessed it. You were so into the destruction plans that we had."

"This place is a dumpster fire," Karac said, "And I'm the burning trash."

"That's... a horrible metaphor," plantain boy said, "I'm sorry that this metaverse's transformation has done that to you."

"Well, I'm off," the young boy said, "I've got felonies to commit."

"It's time for me to rest," the insane guy said. He turned towards Karac, and for a moment, Karac could see the valiant hero with the head tattoo and curved sword that he had always talked about, "Thank you Karac. Although we weren't able to help each other, I am glad that we could have your presence."

"No problem, Xaniel," Karac replied.

Karac watched as the young boy heaved his halberd over his shoulder and walked away with the insane guy until it was just the plantain boy left.

"Three months of planning," plantain boy said, "And then six months of doing nothing. Then we have this. A desperate view of the destruction. I wonder how No Name and Mr. Winters is doing."

And with that, the plantain boy pulled the cyborg's dead body over his shoulder, popped another banana into his mouth, and moved into the overwhelming fog after the young boy and the insane guy. Until it was just Karac.

Karac silently fished out another nickel and raised the deadly coin up to his mouth, before he tipped back his head and swallowed the coin.

What a horrible place.
1. Both Mandrake here, and a person named Chasm Guardian have a character named Xaniel, who are both insane, as said by Mandrake here as the 'insane guy', and by Chasm himself with 'Xaniel Solyom is stupid for a character. Overpowered, rude, annoying. Mentally insane. Self-centered.'.
2. Both refer to the place that they are in as a horrible place. In Chasm's case, the entire forums. In Mandrake's case, here, at least for what I can foresee anyways. Kind of makes sense if you include the fact that Chasm lashed out due to the fact the lack of plot Hysteria had, and the fact that the lack of plot this thread has.
3. Both use some form of 'cheating' or overpowered ability. Mandrake uses plot armor and using a nickel to make holes in heads apparently, while Chasm just freezes everyone and tries to kill everyone. Probably more, but my history with Hysteria doesn't go back that far.
4. Both refer to the place as burning or in some form, on fire. In Chasm's case, 'Burn in hell, Terraria Community Forums.' Mandrake uses Xaniel to say, "We watch it burn!"
5. Both Mandrake here and Chasm appears to want to cause chaos. Chasm already did so on Hysteria. Mandrake implies he wanted to do that with this line
Which shows how he wanted to troll this entire thread, or at least try to.
6. Oh, and do I have to mention the 'forcibly expelled' part of Mandrake's thing? Who else got forcibly expelled? Xaniel. The very same that Chasm used.

But wait, didn't Chasm say he was supposed to go to greener pastures or something? Yes, he did. If for some reason Chasm in some form is back, which I suspect may be the case given that post and how similar it would be that I could say it could be written by Chasm, then I say why aren't you at your greener pastures or something? Why are you back here, on TCF, out of all places? But I am going to have to give Mandrake the benefit of the doubt here, since we can't be sure that they are specifically Chasm Guardian, and that all of this is just a coincidence, albeit, a very, very odd one at that.

Oh, and as a small comment just as a small annoyance to specifically Chasm.
“Be prepared, because a villain’s final moments are laughably miserable” - Rider, Fate/Extra
I found this quote quite impacting. Because you literally went through it. You were given thousands of chances to stop, to prove yourself different. But instead, you merely attempted to cause chaos, and spread toxicity. You think you won, but then look at the forums now. People are still on it, the staff have not been laid off, it's not burning like you want it. Oh, and if you decide to respond to this, that proves how pathetic you are, coming back to the place you vowed to never return to. TCF. Oh how low the mighty have fallen if you're back here, going back on everything you worked for to 'troll' the Social Forums and try to have a big send off while you just come back anyways.
Oh and if you are indeed Chasm Guardian, Mandrake167, then this?
You really must have gotten to the lowest if you really think coming back here is going to give you the satisfaction of trolling again.

Heh.
If you are who I think you are, the cycle continues, it seems.

TheSpeluknerv3.6.5.8.6

Skeletron Prime
(Simple oof.)

“'Your efforts will contribute in turning this place into a better one...' ... Glorious, yet empty words. I was pretty passionate in the past. Being responsible for a whole department, how good is that? I didn’t even like drinking coffee then. Should I say I developed the taste for coffee when I learned the bitterness of life... Or is it the need to stay awake? Of course we don’t need to sleep at all, but the mood, you know?”

A few moments pass.

"Guess I was right. Even when people are living in a place like this, it's still a abandoned place. Abandoned of all passion, hope, and all the sort. Guess I was right indeed."

(Guess, I was right, indeed. So. It appears that even if Bubby were to return, you people wouldn't even give a damn. That would easily mean some of you were putting your faith into someone who wouldn't be able to do what you think they would be able to do. Figures. But I think you should know of the quote 'it takes a village'. Not contributing, even when it seems hopeless, only further weakens what you are striving for. Oh well. Not like people are reading this much, are they?)

"...Quiet, isn’t it? Like as if you woken up early to walk the streets during the dawn. It’s always hard to believe such a quiet place like this was once engulfed by pandemonium."

(Hehehe)

"Oh well. Might as well leave. If anyone isn't in some brain dead state, no intended offense, but's the truth given what is right now, if they are determined enough, they'll find me."
*Begins to leave.*
You were right indeed.
The Person was beside you, no longer a mage, no longer a greater being. Just a regular person.

We were still here. We watched, and we learned. We dismissed actions just as we felt them with the core of our hearts.

It is ironic, that in the end, the only ones that stayed for so long, are the same ones who started it long time ago. Not even that, but most of those who started also did fall.

However, I don´t see a reason to be so cynic. You developed a taste for coffee, didn´t you? You learnt how bitter was life, and that will stay with you, how to pass nights without sleep.

About the pandemonium. . . . every party has to finish you know. Even those who are party hard need to stop from time to time. Maybe the party room will fill up again, maybe not. But do you think the party really dies? That when you start one in a new place, you dont carry all of the experiences you enjoyed?

I was only but a small part of this world, and was erased from it too soon, but I cant say I didnt enjoy it, and that it´s glory will simply dissapear like smoke in the wind.

Murphmario

Retinazer
((Maybe we all could somehow do this again someday, somehow, with it going well unlike all the other reboot attempts. That would be really nice.))

TheSpeluknerv3.6.5.8.6

Skeletron Prime
((Maybe we all could somehow do this again someday, somehow, with it going well unlike all the other reboot attempts. That would be really nice.))
Maybe making it different. Maybe we will never will. I, personally, would like to move on to another world, one where we could apply everything we learned without the hassle of caring with the weight of the chains of 1631 times of continuity.

Animus Viral

Skeletron Prime
"I guess expecting abnormalities is to be normal around here. Great. Hmm."
She sipped her coffee.
"Perhaps it might be a sign that some people must start to pass on the torch to the next."
She looks at her coffee, at how warm and how bitter it could be.
"I developed a taste for coffee a long time ago. Who knows what happened for me to get like this. 'Your efforts will contribute in turning this place into a better one...' Perhaps realizing they were empty words helped that develop."
The Sephirah half smiled for a moment before it faded.
"The party never truly dies, I can agree with that. I've had a lot of bad days, but they were eventful to say the least. Maybe it's not a party for me, but it will probably be a party for someone else."
She frowned for a moment.
"Well. It was nice to talk. Perhaps Memory Repository will make sure that this place stays preserved in someway shape or form."

"...They faced the night and made it to dawn. The question is, did the birds' twitters stop?"

(Yeah, I agree with that new world, Splunker. Passing of the torch. A reboot. An ushering of the next generation of stories. Stories that come from its past, yes, but also moves beyond it, beyond its baggage. Now with new faces, old ones, but with more new. Or something. Hmm.)

TheSpeluknerv3.6.5.8.6

Skeletron Prime
((Either way, waiting a bit and taking a longer break could help.))
//you´ll see. we were already in break, even when we didnt speak it. All of the time we went dark on this place was our soul asking us for a break, even when our minds didn´t take it as so.

More than a break, I would say we could think of another world, and shape it based on what we learnt. Or we could have yet another blank canvas, just like this one. I personally like better the first. However, I do want to hear your opinions @Animus Viral @Murphmario @Chir' and whoever else is looking at this.

Animus Viral

Skeletron Prime
(I like the first option. I can accomplish stuff like that through use of Memory Repository (Example being, Phoenix in Neo Trans. shares memories and experience with the Sephirahs and with the actual Phoenix.) but I am not sure for everyone else.
Well, we could always use dimensional travel. The black canvas idea has already been tried by Planeswalk, so I rather have the New Game + sort of idea.)

Murphmario

Retinazer
((Also suggesting we move this somewhere else that's not a Discord server, since the RP section here isn't doing that well.))

Edit: ((A discord to discuss the RP could be a good idea though.))

Last edited:

Changing Flask

Duke Fishron
"To be honest, I also decided to share my fate.

No. I wasn't Thartler or Mirra after all.

This was just an illusion. Something that people had injected into me."

The ranting human reveals himself. As old as he is, he is kinda... in purple. Like a royal.

"Yeah, you know me right. Itaku was my name.

But I'm ranting not because topic is at the end...

...oh, so much unused plot-lines there.

If only I could make one thing correctly..."

He was deciding now, behind the scenes. The soldier, the one turned into legendary, who died and reincarnated... were nothing but one of his spirits.

"...lets say that this person is right. We could use another, carved world. A world that has its own rulings, and is not disturbed by the time the Old One is deep in the rubble."

He mentioned the planet, as devoid from creativity as it could be.

Top Bottom