Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a chicken nugget wand?

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(Welp. Back.)
"And so, from flesh to steel, man to machine, I will make sure you cannot rise up again."

An old clock manufactured by an unknown company. It vacuum tubes that give off vintage vibe. The manufacturer stopped making these long ago. The Backwards Clock resonates with power. All it waits is for an input...

((Mind if I make Murph's cake survive somehow?))
"...Well, at least the gun's replacable. Alao yeah, I'm fine. Just a broken bone or two, nothing a healing potion can't fix."

(Eh. Can save it with Backwards Clock anyways.)

The Clock appears. resembling a clockwork machination, similar to an open container with 4 Nixie tubes attached to it, display multiple gears at the front and a wind-up key to the right side. The inscription on the Clock says...

"…Is your future dark? Have you fallen to the lowest bottom? Have you ever thought, ‘What if I had done or not done that?'
We, as humanity, have conquered diseases and nature. Now, we have come far enough to harnessing time itself.
Yes, we can rewind your wasted time.
Just wind the spring, close your eyes, and count to ten.
When you open your eyes, you will be standing in the exact moment that you wished to be in."

Perhaps... Another chance?

((How about after someone activates the clock, we all give a little blurb about what happened to our characters?))
((And this is going to go forward in time, not backward, correct?))

(Ah yes, the almighty pause. Well. Just I was in Stories of Raelm, I'll be just the same for now.)
The mechanical abomination limbers towards Murphmario, with its steel tentacles raised up, threatening to smash him.
(And because of the pause that is happening.)
It does. The tentacles go down, slamming into him, all the while it begins to sing its song, best described as a reverberating, high pitched whistle with thunderous booms in accompanying it.

(Really. Seriously. I honestly thought you were going to defy me again. Well, at least you did what I said. But a certain person just offended me recently so I feel less bad for the delay. Maybe that's bad for morals but who cares?)

"Read the manual thoroughly. We do not know what will happen if this machinery is handled poorly. We are not responsible for any accidents caused by the user’s carelessness.
This clock requires high amount of energy to operate. Please understand that it will take considerable time to charge."

Given the rushed activation of the Backwards Clock, instead of reversing time, it fast forwarded it. An accident due to the poor activation.

Perhaps you were able to escape the time warp and get to the future the hard way. Maybe you were left in it until it ended. All that's know so far, to specifically you, is that time passed.

(I'll give you the next few posts to do your thing. Leaving the fates of my characters ambiguous for now. If you want, you may use Zayin, just don't use it to extremes. Also, no characters get to be in the government because the Shadows are the literal shadow government and controller of the entire nation state so don't go making random laws and stuff for Zayin.)
(Also, I reserve the right to deem certain things as extreme concerning Zayin at my discretion.)

Last edited:
"…Is your future dark? Have you fallen to the lowest bottom? Have you ever thought, ‘What if I had done or not done that?'
We, as humanity, have conquered diseases and nature. Now, we have come far enough to harnessing time itself.
Yes, we can rewind your wasted time.
(Did you even READ my posts? Sometimes, I question why I try to have you do my stuff now, especially ever since the forced end of the Master storyline.)

(This won't be a post reserved for my staying character. Rather, for brand new one.)

There shouldn't be any possibility that the robots conquered my fatherland...

...but if it's just possible to avenge it back. My name's Anthony Slyck and I'm just a human, sent far away from where I was. I mean, they can call me 'Deuce of Clubs', but that's less important.

I've been running away from the pursuit that had been on my back. Into the forest, which should be pretty much safe. And then I stumbled and fell on the hole. I was sure it'd kill me, so I closed my eye. But I heard something breaking my fall. I've been looking eye to eye with a major monument. It still seems to have a text in my language at least. Hmmph. Now I think I get it.

[The ten trials await to those who will break the seal of truth within themselves. The seven will break the lesser seal of draconism. The three latter, the Grand Trials, will check your profess in the battle, the speed, and the endurance of mind and body alike. Only the one standing victorious will then become a true successor of the Truth-elemental dragon, Reshiram]

I didn't believe that yet, but I took the map from the pedestal. One of the first challenges, as I think the 1 could mean the first, might be leading deeper to the wilderness. Thank god it didn't crumble! So, that being said, I climbed back the pit, and tired, walked around. At least no more pursuitors were there at all.

(Similar to Halt's thing here.)
A Fixer stood on top of one of the buildings of Zayin. She smiled.
"Look at how much it grew. Still, it's fighting against the forces of nature, but it's beautiful to see how it grew."
She held out her hand, and a green aura radiated from it.
"The tale of Calamity. Heh.

'A tale filled with sorrow and happiness.
A tale with almost no end...
Now, the place many are looking for, a place of legend... The cabin, the fortress, the base laid dormant, with its inhabitants always staying inside, never reaching out for the outer worlds, always hiding within the base. The creators of this place wished to build the safest place on Earth. As such, the interior housed a large amount of long lasting supplies, all thanks to their inhabitants and potion brewing, which would allow anyone who stayed inside to survive for a very long period of time. But the shelter, while perfectly safe inside, alters the perception of the outside to be even more hopeless. It literally becomes, 'The safest place on Earth.' They no longer wanted to be outside. They no longer wanted to ever see the sun again. They isolated themselves. They may have been bored, but they were safe, and that was the reason why they stayed inside. The base's location is unknown to us as of now.
With the the calamity that had befallen this world, the world has been put into a disarray of conflicts. Who knew what was going there? Who... survived? What... happened to all of... Will we ever know...? But with all tales, whether complete or not, they must end.'

Heh. The man who spread that tale, Taka, I think his name was, was killed by a group of... I think treasure hunters. If there was such a place, then it would be gone now. Lost to the endless wastelands."

[Memento: My Sweet Orange Tree]
(Basically a memory unlock system kinda system I'm using at this point. Just testing this new concept out. And yes, TAC, I know, that's where I got it from.)
"The sorrow of the world is deep. Yet Desire runs deeper than agony. Sadness shall say, 'Be gone! Die!' But Desire wants to be permanent. An immortal existence that can never be abolished.
A lot of people wish for a hero, you know? Some people want to be a hero. But never had the courage, bravery, or blind foolishness to do so. They no longer believe in that mindset. They, no, we no longer believe in something like that, nor do we hope for a miracle. We don't think why we changed over time. And I for one don't blame them.
Why do people no longer have that mindset? Why don't they want to be the valiant hero that saves the day? Maybe because they grew up.
Why should children grow up? Childhood is something that can only be lived through once. Maybe not true in a biological standpoint, since jellyfish's existence, but in a mental standpoint, it would be true.
Well, what I found out, was we all have our own sweet orange tree inside of our hearts. A piece of innocence. Maybe that tree has died in our hearts, or maybe it hasn't.
Well... No matter what, even if my tree has died, I will protect the innocence of others for now. Maybe I can't see the color of the lives they perceive. Maybe it is a pain to have the tree rooting and sprouting small leaves. Maybe I can't provide water and light to their trees, but at least I will do my best to tend the soil. It's... the very least I can do for those who I care about."
[End of Memento]
"...Well, I guess it's time to carry on that legacy. This is for you, my mentor."

With that, the Fixer left the building, using the system of fire escapes on the buildings to get back down to ground level, and begins to look for new work that she could do, and those she could help grow their 'tree'.

Back
Top Bottom