Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a chicken nugget wand?

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(Work day is over.)
"The work day is done, B. We managed to get to the energy quota, even with it increased. Isn't that a good thing?

Mankind wanted to build a fertile world for a long time. Just like how Zayin is doing.

But what does 'fertile' mean to them?
Is even trying to make such a world worthy of all that conflict and pain?
Many stories then began and vanished, as if it was rain, as when rain gathers into a puddle, who will be able to discern what is the single raindrop, from the puddle?
By looking at this, some saw despair for how meaningless our actions are, and others saw hope, for how so many working together could make such a large puddle to be proud of.
At a certain moment, civilization was born because of this hope and despair.
Many changes were created at unbelievable speeds. Technology thrived. Technology... That’s right, like the first humans wanted, the technologies were to create a fertile world.
People wanted a better world, though what was better was different from person to person. Because of that, an unimaginable sight unfolded. The worlds that we are in. And the countless others that may exist.
If they have succeeded in making a fertile world, we cannot know.

But at least this is what allowed for you to meet all of us.

Do you know there’s a cactus on your chaotic desk? Looks like an employee who likes you put it there.
I don’t like cacti much.
There could be various reasons for growing a plant, but the vicious thorns are not pleasing to look at, and it doesn’t produce any valuable sap either.
I’ve never seen it grow a flower bud either.
Theoretically, it will bloom in the right environment, but maybe it thinks the area is barren, since I’ve never seen it.
Will the cactus bear a flower?
This place doesn’t even have sunlight.
Why do even you keep it on your desk? Perhaps you think it's rude to get rid of something you received as a gift? Be careful, it could sting you when you reach for other things."

"...

Huh. Well this is a surprise.

You do know my name right? Senia should have told you.

Do you have anything else to say?

Uh, could we talk later? I am kind of... busy at the moment. Okay? Well, see you later then.

You look little dumbfounded.
Aren't you supposed to tell us that you're honored to have this job and such? Like how good you look in a suit or something?
Well, nobody wants to hear that.
Yeah, that's right, I'm telling you straight out of the gate that I don't like my job.
I really want to quit. But I can't, can I? I wasn't here by my own will. I don't know about you though.
Being a part of the Containment and Capture Department for this company sucks to say the very least.
I just feel helpless. Employees dying every day. And no one will remember them. No one will care.

Why are you looking at me like that? Did you come here for a task like how the other Sephirahs just give you? Fine, here's my task.
The Containment and Capture Department can go without some casualties on any end. After all, what's more important than being alive? Simple. Being sane.
Employees who lose sanity are permanently damaged and live a half-life. I want you to keep them both far away from losing their sanity or their lives. Of course, you're going to have to do that tomorrow, since the work day is over. Also, I suggest you do the same with the other Departments. Please.
They might not be a part of this Department, but I don't think they'll appreciate that bloodshed that will come from either losing their sanity or their lives. And neither will the employees."

"...

How many times are we going to be silent?
How many times are we going to be loud?
How many times are we going to try?

It may be my job to keep everyone comfortable, but I have to say, it's not really happening.
Ever since the abnormality escaped into Zayin, all the other Sephirahs have become... agitated.
I guess it's because they have to work here either harder or longer. Pushing them to their limits. I can calm them down for you, but not for long.

I tell you, what is it with that place? I noticed after the meeting you have a picture of the base that we took to remember the location of where that abnormality the Containment and Capture department took when I delivered those... gifts to that base. The picture on your messy desk.
Is it because of what I said about it? About how hopeless it seems?
Are you trying to prove me wrong because of pride?
Or are you actually wanting to find a way to help them out of the kindness of your heart?
Look, you don't have to suffer.
It may be my job to make employees to be comfortable, and that may just seem like a heartless job given how little I spend time with the employees, but...
You are the manager. We'll be working for longer than the other employees, so I have to care.
I don't want you to become like another insane employee. Clinging too much to far fetched hopes.
Point is, B, you don't have invest your emotions into such meaningless issues.

Alright. Alright. If you are going to keep investing your emotions, I won't stop you. I can't.
Maybe you'll be able to send another round of gifts to them. Unfortunately, you're going to have to foot the bill for that if you were planning to do so.

Either way, goodbye, manager. Until we meet again."

"We meet again, manager! Just making sure that the other systems in the facility are running smoothly. You know, ever since today.
Just making sure that I'm not incompetent and stuff. Lots of responsibilities for the Utility Department, really.
I will try my best to help you to enhance the performance of this facility in the meanwhile. I am sure that you're nervous since the meeting, since this is about the fourth or third day since you got into the company. You are still pretty new.

Well, you obviously know Utility and Maintenance makes sure that the facility is in the best shape. But please do not confuse us with the Extraction or Construction Team.

Extraction, as their name suggests, extract materials from both normal sources, as well as the damaged rubble if one of the abnormalities escapes and cause damage to our facility. They however do not extract power or energy, as that is the job of the Power and Refinement Team.

Construction and Creation Team creates the tools and uses the materials that the Extraction Team extracts to make other supplies, like the run of the mill building supplies we use.

Ah, hope you aren't already running a tab on tasks. Here's one from me. As you may know, this facility isn’t that stable, despite our attempts. We are usually able to contain abnormalities in containment units because we momentarily released their suppressed power before the work began, like after putting them in stasis, though some abnormalities do have other ways of being in the containment units. However, suppression becomes unstable as time goes by and eventually some abnormalities go into a meltdown, to which the Utility Team have to repair afterwards. Please, keep them to a minimum so you don't overwork my employees."

"I wonder, do you even know how we get energy? After all, how would tending to abnormalities produce energy? Well, not even most of our own employees know. You see, we have something no one else does. Power extracted from an unknown source. But how does that tie in with abnormalities? Simple.
The employees aren't getting power. It's a machine that's doing the work. It's indirect. This way, we can extract energy, without having its knowledge possibly breached. Unfortunately for us, the machines also aren't told of what the energy is. All they do is refine whatever comes in. So some contamination is possible.
But, if the machines are doing the work, why need employees? Well, the machines are only working when the abnormality has an employee working on it, to occupy the abnormality while we collect the energy. However, contamination is highly likely, so we may need to destroy or completely eliminate some of the results. Not entirely efficient, but protecting the company's secret of power is important, as with all companies.
Unfortunately for you, I'm not allowed to tell you what the energy's name, or how it even is converted to power. It's all because it's supposed to be a secret. If everyone had that knowledge, then we wouldn't be needed. People will start to use it for their own ends. Start wars over it. Steal it and put their own name over it. The company will fall because of that. And we don't want that, would we?
Therefore, how we gather the energy, how we make it into power, and what it comes as, is a secret. The only thing I am even able to tell you about it is that the gathering of energy is indirect. Not actually relying on the employees. Maybe, if you rise to a higher position in the company, I may tell you more.

Either way, consider that information as your weekend gift. Besides the usual care of the abnormalities being in stasis, and usual utility work, there is nothing for you to manage, since we require two days to test the equipment used by the employees in order to see if it needs replacement or not instead of gathering energy. You can oversee anything that is here, however, and you may produce any extra EGO equipment if you think it will help the company, but please do not interfere with anything else. I'll be watching over this place.
Also, please do not confuse your work day with the work days of others. You're the day shift, of course. So it should be obvious that there is a night shift and perhaps other shifts in the middle. Please do not disturb those who are working."

(IDK. You all choose. It really does not matter to me. As a backup plan, in case stuff goes sour, the Backwards Clock is built to be a resetting device just in case if we need it for any reason really. The Backwards Clock is basically my multitool in this situation in case of 1. people want to reset the timeskip. 2. Replay events and stuff. 3. alternate timeline for events, meaning reliving through events and changing them, example being, someone wants Rook's Complex becoming a party house for whatever reason. So, we have the Backwards Clock to rewind time if needed or wanted for whatever reason.)

"...Huh. I didn't expect you to be here, manager. Really, I only knew because of the light in your office.
It's definitely past work hours for you.
What am I doing here? Well, I'll have you know that the Welfare, Utility, and Surveillance and probably a few other Teams are still here, keeping everything running, though Teams like Extraction or Power and Refinement have the day off.

You know, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. You remember that the Nutcracker story, where the Nutcracker comes to life and also that mice kingdom thing? I'm still a bit foggy about it, but I kinda want to watch that again. I like stories. How about you, manager? What if I told you one?

A long time ago, there was a single person. A person who tried to keep on giving. Only they expected something in return.
Hatred of not getting something in return angered them, and it only worsened when they find out people were repeating their acts. And even the gifted using their gifts that the person gave as if the gifted was the creator.
The person, consumed with this newfound fury, lashed out. They were angry at the world. They were angry at the sky, the air, everything, but that anger came from the people who they saw as thieves.
They refused to give anymore. They refused to allow anyone take control. That fury, the flame, the seemingly eternal hatred kept fueling them with a hope. A hope to punish all who have wronged them.

Do you know who I am referring to?
Anger and hatred is like a molten metal. When it cools down, it can leave an impact on a person's heart.
If the anger isn't satiated, it may form a hard core that sticks to their heart. A core full of sorrow and grief. But the anger is no longer there. But this core of feelings, emotion linger there, never removed. It weighs down their souls, and slowly drags them down into hell.
Sometimes, this core can be reignited and become a raging blaze once again. Used to destroy or ruin the lives that created it. Both directly, and indirectly.
But when the anger is tempered correctly, when you settle it down, when you give it the care and attention it needs, it will form around the heart, but instead of weighing it down, the anger, now turned to another emotion, perhaps hope, inspiration, or perseverance, will guard their hearts. It will make their souls more strong, and they won't be so easily destroyed in the face of hardship.
But this person... They have gathered so many cores that it shields them from reason. It shields them from hope, commitment, and all. They did what they want. They did not let anyone stand in their way. And their atrocities continue to this day.
So many things have become irreversible.
So much lost that it hardly matters anymore.

Doesn't that seem like this company? Many employees die everyday, and no one bats an eye. Maybe not in this facility, but in the rest of the company? Well, casualties truly become their name when many die and no one is left to mourn them.
People rage about this, instead of paying respects like they should, and the guilt of not doing this when they could do that weighs them down.

Kinda like me. Since I really don't commit to investing time with employees.
Huh.

Either way, regardless of the weird story, I'm going back 'home' now. See you later, manager. If you need anything, even though you shouldn't, since this isn't really your work day. Not sure if we even have overtime or something here. Anyways, if you need anything, go to the Records or Surveillance Team. They usually work all day, and aren't as agitated as the Utility Team. Cheers."

Last edited:
((Okay. I'm planning on something that may be disheartening to some people))
((Also, Origins Part 2 is done!))

Attachments

• Origins PT2.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 126
(*Instantly thinks it's a character's death, to which then shifts over to a permanent curse, which then shifts yet again to a kidnapping sort of thing because somehow that's how my mind works. Welp. There's a part of my mind.*)

*Looks at Alpha* "Yeah? What is it?"

((You could just use a different Alpha or Beta if you want.))

Edit: ((Either that, or you could have one of them come back after the events of their adventures come to a close.))

((I already have a new character to use. Besides, I feel the timeskip would be weird with Alpha and Beta. I was also planning on writing a new story with them which would take place after they leave this.))
((ALSO BUBBY IS BACK! but still locked out of CA))

So, my birthday is in two days. I- I also have to leave this world for an undetermined time.

(Well, hopefully she finds a way back on here then.)

"...Here are the three abnormalities you send me to get. At least they weren't that aggressive."

"Good job, Desoy. You actually did your job."

"...Either way... We have identified them. Two of the abnormalities came from the Founder's original job. Backwards Clock and Mirror of Adjustment."

"Ah yes, Backwards Clock. An old clock manufactured by an unknown company. It vacuum tubes that give off vintage vibe. The manufacturer stopped making these long ago. I remember that being very useful for the Founder. '…Is your future dark? Have you fallen to the lowest bottom? Have you ever thought, ‘What if I had done or not done that”? We, as humanity, have conquered diseases and nature. Now, we have come far enough to harnessing time itself. Yes, we can rewind your wasted time. Just wind the spring, close your eyes, and count to ten. When you open your eyes, you will be standing in the exact moment that you wished to be in.
* Read the manual thoroughly. We do not know what will happen if this machinery is handled poorly. We are not responsible for any accidents caused by the user’s carelessness. This clock requires high amount of energy to operate. Please understand that it will take considerable time to charge.'"

"Did you really have to read the entire description, including the fine print?"

"It's better this way."

"...Expecting you to talk about the mirror now."

"What do I have to say? The only thing it shows are people. Hmm.

'When facing oneself in the mirror, the subject changes. There are numerous suggestions like it is a possibility of a parallel universe, it's from magical powers, but none of this can be confirmed. The person who faces the mirror may look the same, but actually becomes a totally different person. When looking into the mirror more than once, the subject's humanity gets removed, turning them into a walking corpse.'
Guess satisfaction is temporary in that case."

"... Right, well... I'm not here for a description of every abnormality I bring along. The last one called themselves 'Spirosa'. They are some pink masked stranger with a scythe.(Heheh. Shovel Knight DLC for JSaB inspired abnormality here. Being specifically the only level so far with scythes. With one big spirit that looks like a raindrop.) It appears they will work just like the Red Hooded Mercenary. So it might be helpful to have around to clean up any... bad things."

"That is fine with me for now. Move the abnormalities to their containment units then. We need to prepare for the Ordeal, of course."

"Hmm. And what's that? Just curious."

((Also have you considered telling Bubby about Alpha and Beta leaving? I'd tell them myself, but that doesn't feel right to me since they're not my characters.))

Back
Top Bottom