Items Rolling Dice Item

Silfie

Terrarian
Hello everyone! I come with a humble idea suggestion for a new item.

Me and my friends love playing Hardcore together, generally we have a group of 4. Each time we find or craft loot that more than one of us wants, we roll a dice IRL to see who gets the loot.
Apparently there used to be an old mod for Terraria that allowed us to roll dice, and I thought this would be really cool for us; but it's marked obsolete so it's likely not usable.

I think it'd be fun to have a reusable item that we can buy or craft early (preferably the latter, easier access and such) that lets us roll a die and get the result in the chatbox for everyone in the server to see. Other than helping with loot and just being a fun little activity, It could have some roleplaying applications.

If this needs any expanding on, perhaps it could be part of a minigame set with different die, coin flips, card draws, and such, but I'd be pretty happy with just the ability to roll some dice.
Alternatively, chat commands such as "/roll 1d4" would be equally as effective, if a little less immersive.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I come with a humble idea suggestion for a new item.

Me and my friends love playing Hardcore together, generally we have a group of 4. Each time we find or craft loot that more than one of us wants, we roll a dice IRL to see who gets the loot.
Apparently there used to be an old mod for Terraria that allowed us to roll dice, and I thought this would be really cool for us; but it's marked obsolete so it's likely not usable.

I think it'd be fun to have a reusable item that we can buy or craft early (preferably the latter, easier access and such) that lets us roll a die and get the result in the chatbox for everyone in the server to see. Other than helping with loot and just being a fun little activity, It could have some roleplaying applications.

If this needs any expanding on, perhaps it could be part of a minigame set with different die, coin flips, card draws, and such, but I'd be pretty happy with just the ability to roll some dice.
Alternatively, chat commands such as "/roll 1d4" would be equally as effective, if a little less immersive.
While not as cute as a dice item that is crafted or found, there already is a /roll function in multiplayer. It returns a random value between 1 and 100 (inclusive). I've used it often for when there's one item that many people want. Whoever comes closer wins.

roll.jpg

While not as cute as a dice item that is crafted or found, there already is a /roll function in multiplayer. It returns a random value between 1 and 100 (inclusive). I've used it often for when there's one item that many people want. Whoever comes closer wins.

View attachment 230316
Huh, I didn't realize there were commands like that... I wonder what other ones there are.

View attachment 230316

Wow yeah I didn't know this at all, I'll certainly put it to use :) thanks a lot!
I do think there could be some value in building on this as an item, yeah, but I'm pretty happy knowing that we have this command.

Back
Top Bottom