Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
RomanInvasionStatus.png
Roman Invasion
RomanInvasionStatus.png

--intro--
The Roman Invasion is an alt Goblin Army, replacing Goblins with Gladiators, The Goblin Summoner with the Qaisar (Arabic for "Caesar") which casts Fireballs and throws a Daybreak Style weapon, and the Shadow Flame Items with Roman Items,

--Enemies--
Image|Name|Health|Damage|Defence|Drops|Other Info
index.php
|Gladiators (outer 1/3's of map)/Roman Warrior (invasion)|50|24|5|Gladiator's Armour (1 piece drops at 2%, all other PreHardMode romans also drop it, except for the Priest), Roman Cloth (100% from gladiators) |the most basic Roman Warriors, they attack with their hands, the gladiators are from outer thirds of the world dropping Roman cloth, which is used for initiating the army
index.php
|Javelin Throwers|55|20(melee), 24 (javelins)|6|Javelins (50%)|same as the Greek version found in marble caves, but underpowered
index.php
|Roman Swordsmen|75|25|10|Roman Sword (3%)|a stronger Roman Warrior, holding a sword and uses it to kill the player and NPC's
index.php
|Roman Priests|46|22 (melee), 30 (Ruby Bolt)|7||these enemies can attack with magic spells, as long as their spells are op, they are able to teleport to nowhere
index.php
|The Qaisar|2000|60 (melee), 80 (Whip), 75 (Fireballs with the On Fire Debuff)|20|Roman Whip/Flaming Javelin/Roman Inferno (all 16.7%)|the Qaisar himself is a very powerful mini boss (and the Emperor of the Romans), it spawns in hardmode, attacks with fire and whips, and his name is Arabic

--Items--
Roman Flag:
Crafted from 5 Roman cloth
Summons the invasion

Roman cloth:
Drops from gladiators, can be used for creating the roman flag

--weapons--
Roman Sword:
Does 20 damage
Has 2 knockback rate
Average speed
Drops from Roman Swordsmen

Roman Whip:
39 damage (ranged)
Average speed
Weak knockback
Similar weapon to Solar Eruption, but it has a fewer reach (9 blocks), penetrates only 5 enemies (effective against Destroyer), and it inflicts no debuffs
Drops from the Qaisar

Flaming Javelins
Does 42 (melee) damage
Average speed
No knockback
Infinite use javelin but with fire effect, inflicts on fire
Drops from the Qaisar

Roman Inferno:
40 damage
5 mana
Fast speed
Weak knockback
A weapon that inflicts the On Fire debuff, it throws 3 homing fire swords that penetrate 5 enemies, split into another 2 pieces as fireballs, and homing on enemies
This item drops from the Qaisar

pre release: added

Attachments

• RomanWarrior.png
    RomanWarrior.png
    599 bytes · Views: 571
  • JavelinThrower.png
    JavelinThrower.png
    642 bytes · Views: 570
  • RomanSwordsmen.png
    RomanSwordsmen.png
    686 bytes · Views: 566
  • MiniBossCaesar.png
    MiniBossCaesar.png
    744 bytes · Views: 563
  • RomanPriests.png
    RomanPriests.png
    560 bytes · Views: 541
Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone just decided to come up with an alternate to Grubby. No support, we don't need another alternate.

It is a good suggestion but we really don't need suggestions and it can be better by it would be an invasion itself.

Overall I'd say this is pretty well done. I'm not going to be quite as critical of the fact that this is an alternate (like 70% of my suggestions are alts lol), but that doesn't mean I don't have a couple of gripes about this suggestion as a whole.

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't feel like it differs all that much from the Goblin Invasion outside of the surface level stuff. Nothing really stands out about it that makes it different. Sure, the enemies look different and the drops aren't the same, but the overall spirit just makes it feel like a re-texture of the Goblin Invasion with some details shifted around.

Reactions: Bry
Romans would be better as Pirate alts, rather than Goblin alts, as they can provide quite a lot of enemy diversity.

Why has nobody brought up the goblin tinkerer?
[doublepost=1521208101,1521207995][/doublepost]
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone just decided to come up with an alternate to Grubby. No support, we don't need another alternate.
Slubby, 10% bait power, but it spawns more commonly

Back
Top Bottom