Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fixed an issue where Pylon NPC detection only checked for the housing flag, and not the actual NPCs being present near their home."
I predict that It can cause a problem where you can't teleport to a town because a town npc moved far away from the pylon.

Yea that seems like its going to be very annoying to teleport around pylons unless you trap your npcs inside their homes and make their homes as small as possible :/
Very bad "fix"

Okay, there are a lot of nice changes here, although I find the golden horseshoe relocation pretty strange. Up in the air where you have to prove you can avoid falling seems like a good place to put an accessory that stops fall damage. What will this do to the fishing chances for it, I wonder?

More importantly... STILL nothing to help keep wraiths and such crap out of our bases?!

yeah, hoping for stuff to keep wraiths out too. don't get me wrong, it's a great update!!! but believe it or not, i lost my hardcore run when i left for 2 seconds to a wraith that got in T-T.

Wraiths and other ghost like enemies have trouble flying upwards through blocks.
Build your house couple blocks above the ground and no Wraith will be able to reach.
I am well aware of how it's supposed to work, and how inadequate that plan can be, as you can see from the link in my signature.

If you're well aware of how it's supposed to work, then how can it be inadequate? Raising your house 4 blocks above ground and eliminating all spawn surfaces around it makes it literally impossible for wraiths to get inside.

the new summoner content looks pretty neat! rebalancing all the armor as well such as obsidian and gladiator was nice too, melee and summoner both benefit greatly from the both of them. though, did the defense of bee/obsidian armor get changed at all? with these changes it makes it sound like obsidian should be a higher defense set

Can't believe it's the final update, can't wait to see all the things the community does though! =)

Sandstorm in a bottle are still permanently unobtainable without a pyramid, make it an extremely rare drop from the oasis crate or golden crate or an expensive craftable recipe

its necessary to complete the bundle of balloon wich is a very useful early and late game item.

Those changes are great, but there is a number of things I want to talk about:

"Fixed an issue where Pylon NPC detection only checked for the housing flag, and not the actual NPCs being present near their home."
I predict that It can cause a problem where you can't teleport to a town because a town npc moved far away from the pylon.

"Meteorite Ore: While still immune to explosions under normal circumstances, like other materials, they will become breakable with explosives after entering Hardmode "
I think that instead of turning It into another Hellstone Ore, could instead make them more resistant to explosives, so you would need more explosives to break them, since the ores more far from the explosions would end up cracked, instead of being destroyed. (Of course, cracked ores hit by another explosion could end up being broken).

And what is this?
"TreeHit for Loot (Buff)
- The limit on the number of TreeHits you can attempt per day has been increased from 200 to 500."
Not only It's bad that you need to keep hitting trees to attempt for loot, but also there is a limit of hits you can do per day?

I think It would be better if could plant the fruits gathered from trees, so don't need to play the TreeHit rng everyday.

1. The detection is pretty lenient, I don't expect the NPCs to be wandering that far (they don't walk too far from home). However, if it becomes an issue, we can VERY easily expand the distance. This was basically just to prevent people from moving NPCs and using their current location to teleport around the world.

2. The Meteorite Ore change isn't being reverted, we have no plans to do so. Basically, you just aren't supposed to bomb Meteorite period. Not until its no longer the right tier.

3. I think the TreeHit thing is a performance thing, as it tracks the number of trees that have currently been hit at one time. Either way, we improved it, and I suspect the average world doesn't even have that many trees. You'd probably have to build farm structures just to get to that limit.

They nerfed the Black Spot? So basically, it's worthless now, and Skeletron Prime will be able to mercilessly slaughter you with the increased speed they introduced in 1.4. This has got to be the worst "balance" update in the history of balance updates. Not to mention making the Phantasm Dragon even more annoying to deal with. What did they do, roll a d20 to find out how badly to ruin certain things? Smh. Probably gonna learn to mod just so I can fix all the stuff they made worthless. I'll probably make the PD have only 1 health as well.
It's really a shame that I view this "up"date so negatively. I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, the buffs they introduced barely even scratch at the debuffs to everything useful.

They nerfed the Black Spot? So basically, it's worthless now, and Skeletron Prime will be able to mercilessly slaughter you with the increased speed they introduced in 1.4. This has got to be the worst "balance" update in the history of balance updates. Not to mention making the Phantasm Dragon even more annoying to deal with. What did they do, roll a d20 to find out how badly to ruin certain things? Smh. Probably gonna learn to mod just so I can fix all the stuff they made worthless. I'll probably make the PD have only 1 health as well.
It's really a shame that I view this "up"date so negatively. I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, the buffs they introduced barely even scratch at the debuffs to everything useful.

That’s a little bit of an overreaction, isn’t it?

Personally, I had no problem avoiding Skeletron Prime’s speedbuff in Expert, without the Black Spot. It’s not as fast as you think - any Wings will easily outfly him, you just have to be more cautios than before. If he’s still to fast, which he shouldn’t be, then Gelatinous Pillion is helpful.

Phantasmal Dragon was famous for being underpowered. It’s meant to punish you for guessing the “wrong” cultist, and when the Dragon lasts about two seconds, there really isn’t much of a punishment. Cultist needed a buff anyway. I really don’t see anything wrong with the Dragon being buffed. Also, If you give him 1 hp, then what’s even the point?

The Black Spot mount nerf is disappointing, but there’s merit behind it. It was so over the top powerful that it completely negated all of the pre-Plantera bosses and the moon events, and was in a weird position where it couldn’t be nerfed without being shot down.

Of course, your opinions are valid, but I think you could present them without such an agressive tone. It’s not merited to react so angrily to free content. I should know, because I may or may not have sparked the whole torch luck controversy.

new summoner items, sick

guess it's now up to the modding scene to add content to the game

bleh.

i'll stick to official content.

as for the update, it's nice to see vanity get reworked.

now, i assume since this finished before work on console 1.4 really kicked into gear... that console will have 1.4.1 stuff instead of still being behind everyone else when it finally releases?

That’s a little bit of an overreaction, isn’t it?

Personally, I had no problem avoiding Skeletron Prime’s speedbuff in Expert, without the Black Spot. It’s not as fast as you think - any Wings will easily outfly him, you just have to be more cautios than before. If he’s still to fast, which he shouldn’t be, then Gelatinous Pillion is helpful.

Phantasmal Dragon was famous for being underpowered. It’s meant to punish you for guessing the “wrong” cultist, and when the Dragon lasts about two seconds, there really isn’t much of a punishment. Cultist needed a buff anyway. I really don’t see anything wrong with the Dragon being buffed. Also, If you give him 1 hp, then what’s even the point?

The Black Spot mount nerf is disappointing, but there’s merit behind it. It was so over the top powerful that it completely negated all of the pre-Plantera bosses and the moon events, and was in a weird position where it couldn’t be nerfed without being shot down.

Of course, your opinions are valid, but I think you could present them without such an agressive tone. It’s not merited to react so angrily to free content. I should know, because I may or may not have sparked the whole torch luck controversy.
I'm not going to be exactly cordial if Spectrum knocked on my door and dumped Rotten fruit into my arms as a "free addition to my service". Ain't gonna happen.
I utterly reject this update with a heated passion, and I'll leave it outside in my trash can. Until I can learn to mod, I'm not allowing my game's files to be corrupted with 1.4.1.

bleh.

i'll stick to official content.

as for the update, it's nice to see vanity get reworked.

now, i assume since this finished before work on console 1.4 really kicked into gear... that console will have 1.4.1 stuff instead of still being behind everyone else when it finally releases?

so far it has been confirmed that it would come in 1.4.0

I'm not going to be exactly cordial if Spectrum knocked on my door and dumped Rotten fruit into my arms as a "free addition to my service". Ain't gonna happen.
I utterly reject this update with a heated passion, and I'll leave it outside in my trash can. Until I can learn to mod, I'm not allowing my game's files to be corrupted with 1.4.1.

The nerfs in the update are literally not that big of a deal though, except maybe for Black Spot. I will never understand why people act this way toward anything they slightly disagree with, but you do you I guess.

Man oh man. This is fantastic. I'm especially happy about the bugfixes, quality of life changes and balance changes. EVERYTHING I wanted addressed was addressed.

Well, except for three things:

First of all, I really love how you guys increased the Gladiator and Mining armor drop chances because of the enemy rarities. In line with those I'd increase the Bananarang drop chance too - they can be ridiculously annoying to farm for.

Secondly I really think the Doctor Bones spawn rate should be higher in hardmode. From experience I can tell you that it takes roughly 24 - 36 hours to AFK farm for a Dr. Bones banner in hardmode (unless there's a more efficient method than mine?). That's a lot longer than any other enemy.

Finally, the main thing I was hoping that Re-Logic would fix in this update, above literally anything. The damn Angler quest rewards. The furniture items are ridiculously rare. In Journey Mode you could potentially do quests over and over until you get the items but in Classic Mode you have to wait for the next day. These are ridiculous.
I've been building up an 'all items' collection in Classic Mode since 1.4 came out and out of the 15 items I was missing before 1.4.1 Angler quest items were 4...

please fix this re-logic... unless I've somehow missed this in the patch notes. lol

Edit: dunno if this was in the patch notes, didn't see it, but yay you increased hardmode Ice Bat spawn rate! That was another thing that was annoying me. Hardmode sand slime spawn rate could've been higher too but I haven't seen if it's been increased yet.

Last edited:
so far it has been confirmed that it would come in 1.4.0

well that's stupid.

console 1.4 was only in pre-alpha, there is NO reason it shouldn't be completely caught up with everyone else by time it's finished.

that means even once it comes out, i still won't be able to play it for another half a year or however long it takes DR to implement 1.4.1...

also, i saw that ichor nerf... come on...

buffed betsy, nerfed ichor... i only ever saw ONE PERSON complain about how they were.

well, whatever... guess it's not a huge nerf... could've been worse.

that wizard hat nerf, though... ouch... stab me in the heart, why don't you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom