Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still find it really weird that obsidian is the only whip mainly summoner armor, come on why not make more armors buff whips aswell rather than minions?

like forbidden because i think that it fits with the armor's theme and to don't make whips too overshadowed by magic weapons since the armor is a hybrid of mage and summoner armor

spooky could also buff whips rather than minions, while having 1 less max minions than tiki, on 1.4 tiki got completely overshadowed by spooky wood, and i think that this could be reverted making spooky having again 1 less max minions than tiki but also giving whip buffs

and finnaly stardust should have some whip buffs aswell, but not having nerfed minion stats since it would actually be great for both sides since it's the endgame armor

i also think that it would be awesome if we could control minions, using a summoner staff by holding the activation key, making they continuously attack in direction to the cursor independent of being an enemy there or not and still dealing damage to anything on contact with them or their projectiles, behaving like actual weapons, it would allow us to have a better accuracy against bosses and enemies that moves too fast since most minions have difficulties to hit them while they're moving

Please don't tell me 1.4.1.2 is the last update, there's like over 9000 localization errors to fix
Those haven't been forgotten. There will be more patches I'm sure of it.. team atm just wanted some more significant gameplay-esque issues out of the way. You're being listened to, don't worry. :dryadsmile:

Why are magic and summoner getting nerfed, and melee getting buffed? Magic and summoner are weak compared to other classes, especially to melee ever since Zenith was added. Nerf Zenith, not magic and summoner.

Why are magic and summoner getting nerfed, and melee getting buffed? Magic and summoner are weak compared to other classes, especially to melee ever since Zenith was added. Nerf Zenith, not magic and summoner.

What? Summoners got mostly buffs.
Also the Vampire Frog and Obsidian Armor were downright broken greatly outclassing early Hardmode summoning gear.
While Chlorophyte swords were just hoplessly outclassed hence they got buffed.

Idk about the Betsy's Wrath or Firecracker nerfs tho.

Excited about Christmas Tree Sword buff. It's so cool to look at but I always ended up switching to something else before.

Melee is only the "best" once you get the Zenith, which is at the very end of the game and therefore irrelevant to balance. Even then the Zenith is only classed as melee out of convenience, since it fills every niche and melts everything regardless of what armor you're wearing. Although, it might help correct the perceived "imbalance" if it were just made classless or omni-class instead of melee, though I don't know if it's worth it at this point.

But either way, for most of the game melee is the weakest class, which is why 1.4.1 gave it so many buffs. It's pretty baffling that people would argue about its balance at earlier points of the game based on its balance at endgame.

Legitimate question, why do people try to use Zenith as an argument for balance for the rest of the game? Like I’ve said before, the fact that melee has Zenith for example does not change anything about the midgame meta. Zenith being powerful does not change anything about the utility of Betsy’s Wrath or Obsidian Armor.

- Capes now show when sitting or riding mounts.
Finally! This was always bugging me before so I'm glad to see this fixed. :D

Obsidian Armor (Nerf)
- Reduced the Minion damage bonus on the helmet and legs from 9% to 8% each
- Reduced the Minion damage increase on the set bonus from 25% to 15%
- Reduced the Whip speed increase on the set bonus from 50% to 35%

Cool Whip (Buff)
- Cool Whip now inflicts Frostburn a short duration on hit
- Increased the movement speed of the Snowflake minion by 50%
Buffs to summoner are always welcome! Obsidian really needed the nerf tbh.

man you guys could have at least not made the black spot completely worthless. if it was intended to be a form of fast travel than just disable weapons when using the mount. if you're concerned players switching in and out of the mount to get around this issue then make a short debuff disabling weapon use or something after a player turns off the mount. don't just take the easy way out.

I'm kinda glad that, because of various circumstances, my 1.4 run was halted just before entering hardmode and only resumed recently with the release of 1.4.1. This means I never got to use the black spot in its original form. I don't even know what I'm missing and I found the mount useful myself, not so much for boss fights but for building and such. For bosses I found the queen slime mount to be more than enough. Oh well, it is what it is.

The Black Spot is a form of infinite flight that's available before beating any hardmode boss. How is that useless?
i guess it could still be useful for invasions or building to some extent but if it's speed/acceleration was nerfed in order to prevent combat cheesing than why not just disable combat so it can at least serve it's intended purpose for fast travel? It's not only outclassed by wings in fast travel but also in combat. Sure, it's got infinite flight, but it really isn't that useful by the time you've got wings.

Last edited:
Re-Logic staff please contact me (or our team) on Telegram or via e-mail about Russian localization. It's really weird translation. 😟

i still find it really weird that obsidian is the only whip mainly summoner armor, come on why not make more armors buff whips aswell rather than minions?
This is a good addition because it gives certain parts of progression in the Summoner Class high points... in other words, it makes certain parts of the game feel unique & fun, a part that cannot be replicated much later on, meaning you can try to stick it out for a bit longer if you want to, or make the upgrades because you feel it's effectiveness tapering off. This is healthy for the game overall, as by the time Obsidian Armor can be replaced, you have access to DD2 sets, more Sentries & the option for more Minion types. It's a fun quirk, but that doesn't mean it has to carry over until endgame, it's not even necessary at that point anyhow. 🤷‍♂️🥤

like forbidden because i think that it fits with the armor's theme and to don't make whips too overshadowed by magic weapons since the armor is a hybrid of mage and summoner armor
Forbidden Armor is in the same boat as Obsidian, it was a fantastic, but previously highly slept-on Armor Set with a fun quirk. You can actually use Forbidden Armor, all the way up to Lunatic Cultist if you want, where I feel it should finally be replaced afterward. It's arguably replaced by Dark Artist Set, which just swaps the Tornado quirk for more Sentry Slots+ Sentry bonus effects. I'd also argue that it's an endgame Armor Set, considering the synergy it now has with the buffed DD2 Weaponry.

spooky could also buff whips rather than minions, while having 1 less max minions than tiki, on 1.4 tiki got completely overshadowed by spooky wood, and i think that this could be reverted making spooky having again 1 less max minions than tiki but also giving whip buffs
Tiki is fine where it is, considering the fact that you can just buy it. It doesn't need any more buffs, as by this time you have access to some extremely destructive Minions & Whips that can be buffed with Flasks. You'll have more-than-enough accessories to play around with, that buffing it with quirks isn't really called for. It was fine in 1.3.5, it'll be fine in 1.4.1.

and finnaly stardust should have some whip buffs aswell, but not having nerfed minion stats since it would actually be great for both sides since it's the endgame armor
This Armor already has the Guardian quirk & obnoxious DPS, it doesn't need anymore buffs.

i also think that it would be awesome if we could control minions, using a summoner staff by holding the activation key, making they continuously attack in direction to the cursor independent of being an enemy there or not and still dealing damage to anything on contact with them or their projectiles, behaving like actual weapons, it would allow us to have a better accuracy against bosses and enemies that moves too fast since most minions have difficulties to hit them while they're moving
We already have a TON of new toys to play around with & if you like controlling projectiles, there are plenty of Mage Hybrid build you can play around with now, where controlling the projectile is part of the quirk. It's ok to let some Armor & Weapons stand out, as we've already lost so much uniqueness between Classes with the updates, allow them to hold on to the little they have left!

i guess it could still be useful for invasions or building to some extent but if it's speed/acceleration was nerfed in order to prevent combat cheesing than why not just disable combat so it can at least serve it's intended purpose for fast travel? It's not only outclassed by wings in fast travel but also in combat. Sure, it's got infinite flight, but it really isn't that useful by the time you've got wings.

It has a horizontal speed of 36 mph. The best wings you can get without beating any hardmode boss only go 34 mph.

It has a horizontal speed of 36 mph. The best wings you can get without beating any hardmode boss only go 34 mph.
now that I've played around with the black spot I agree with you, I think it fits reasonably well within hm progression. i'm still pretty disappointed about the nerf though. it was great for fast travel and was incredibly fun to use, I had a blast using it against duke. it was cool having an alternate way to fight bosses and having that option taken away was disappointing. yes, it was pretty op, but at the end of the day you didn't have to use it. if you wanted to you could fight bosses more traditionally with wings, or you could swap out a pair of wings for another accessory and try your hand at just using black spot for a boss. same with the reaver shark, you didn't have to use it but it was there if you wanted an alternative in progression. I understand why these items were nerfed but it just an takes a small aspect of freedom out of the game. I don't really understand why playing a wacky sandbox game differently than what was intended by the developers is an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom