Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some quick impressions: the optic staff feels better (might just be psychological), doesn't feel like a downgrade to spider anymore.

Christmas tree sword still isn't super exciting but seems good at making a wall of death and is better than before.

Star cloak nerf makes sense, before the nerf I was having fun killing face monsters by walking through crimson thorns.

Thanks for chlorophyte bar buff, so helpful!

1.4.1.2: "Reverted Town NPC House/Village check distance increase. This was doubled in 1.4.1, and has now been returned to 1.4 levels "

all my towns are broken... ;(

i kinda dont like it when devs tell me how im supposed to play, example being the chang eof meteorite not being mineable till you beat crimson/corruption boss
I honestly don't think that's the case here, as there are newer progression skips in 1.4.1.2 that didn't exist in 1.3.5. Some of them are reliable, but others aren't guaranteed to work every time & a special seed might need to be developed, to use the rest of them more consistently. That's the thing about a shift in the meta, sometimes you have to relearn the game, as the rules change with it. I'ts not always a bad thing & I feel many of these newer progression skips are a LOT smarter than just throwing bombs at free ore.

I don't wanna spoil all of the skips/ exploits I've discovered just yet, but here are a few that were in 1.4.0 that most knew of that were fun, but seem to have also been removed.
  • Quad-Barrel Shotgun (via Graveyard Biome)
  • Starfish/ Lightning Whelk Shell duplication (via hammered platform/ surface)
  • Stationary Boss Glitch (multiplayer A.I. exploit)
Many of these exploits or progression skips weren't removed on a whim, the devs wanted to add new items & rebalance the game to replace the old meta. That's why they painstakingly took a look at nearly every item in the entire game & either re-tiered it or rebalanced it in some way. There wouldn't be a point in adding newer progression paths, only to leave gaping holes in what you're trying to add. I assure you, there are a TON of ways to do things similar to the Meteor Set progression skip, but you'll have to discover most of them on your own, or just wait for the community to make them common knowledge.

do you understand what self restraint is?
just because an inherently better item is available doesn't mean you have to use it. the game is not forcing you to use it.
stuff like the reaver shark provided a short cut if you felt like skipping some progression or wanted to reach hardmode faster. but noooooo skipping tiers of progression is a bad thing!!!! you must play the game narrowly and not deviate from the path. I bet you're not playing a game differently than what was intended because you think it's fun, you're just trying to one-up the developers!!!!!! what do you mean self control? players don't have any of that they'll just skip everything because they can!!!!
Progression skips are still in the game, they're just newer one & I'd argue, in some cases, more powerful than what existed in 1.3.5. Progression skips aren't bad, you just have to earn some of them, as they aren't nearly as free as they were before, but they're definitely still in the game. I never considered getting lucky while fishing, getting a lucky Dungeons gen or tossing bombs at ore to be "outsmarting the game". These newer skips though, they require a lil' bit more planning & brainpower, or even skill at times.

I honestly don't think that's the case here, as there are newer progression skips in 1.4.1.2 that didn't exist in 1.3.5. Some of them are reliable, but others aren't guaranteed to work every time & a special seed might need to be developed, to use the rest of them more consistently. That's the thing about a shift in the meta, sometimes you have to relearn the game, as the rules change with it. I'ts not always a bad thing & I feel many of these newer progression skips are a LOT smarter than just throwing bombs at free ore.

I don't wanna spoil all of the skips/ exploits I've discovered just yet, but here are a few that were in 1.4.0 that most knew of that were fun, but seem to have also been removed.
  • Quad-Barrel Shotgun (via Graveyard Biome)
  • Starfish/ Lightning Whelk Shell duplication (via hammered platform/ surface)
  • Stationary Boss Glitch (multiplayer A.I. exploit)
Many of these exploits or progression skips weren't removed on a whim, the devs wanted to add new items & rebalance the game to replace the old meta. That's why they painstakingly took a look at nearly every item in the entire game & either re-tiered it or rebalanced it in some way. There wouldn't be a point in adding newer progression paths, only to leave gaping holes in what you're trying to add. I assure you, there are a TON of ways to do things similar to the Meteor Set progression skip, but you'll have to discover most of them on your own, or just wait for the community to make them common knowledge.

Progression skips are still in the game, they're just newer one & I'd argue, in some cases, more powerful than what existed in 1.3.5. Progression skips aren't bad, you just have to earn some of them, as they aren't nearly as free as they were before, but they're definitely still in the game. I never considered getting lucky while fishing, getting a lucky Dungeons gen or tossing bombs at ore to be "outsmarting the game". These newer skips though, they require a lil' bit more planning & brainpower, or even skill at times.
cool bible page bro, but i sure would love to use meteor gear before crimson/corruption boss, i couldnt care less of a gun that cant aim with a biome that is honeslty a pain to be in nor im looking to cheese the game via unpatched glitches, i can undertand nerfing things like the reaver shark tho, but Re Logic is just making speedruns for this game even harder lol

cool bible page bro, but i sure would love to use meteor gear before crimson/corruption boss, i couldnt care less of a gun that cant aim with a biome that is honeslty a pain to be in nor im looking to cheese the game via unpatched glitches, i can undertand nerfing things like the reaver shark tho, but Re Logic is just making speedruns for this game even harder lol
I mean, unless you're looking to do a glitches run, how are you obsessing over Meteor Gear when there's better options out there since 1.4.0? I fully understand that the Quad-Barrel Shotgun is/ was far from a consistent Weapon, but it's comparable to early-Hardmode Weapons & can be used just as effectively in the right hands. Also, as a speedrunner, why would you care about the methods being harder to do, wouldn't that make beating your record even more challenging?

Also, with the newer progression skips & special seeds in 1.4.1.2, to include the Fledgling Wings, why would Meteor Gear be missed again? You can literally boost your movement options in half-the-time you could in 1.3.5, what reasonable speedrunner would trade movement for Meteor Gear? 🧐🥤

I mean, unless you're looking to do a glitches run, how are you obsessing over Meteor Gear when there's better options out there since 1.4.0? I fully understand that the Quad-Barrel Shotgun is/ was far from a consistent Weapon, but it's comparable to early-Hardmode Weapons & can be used just as effectively in the right hands. Also, as a speedrunner, why would you care about the methods being harder to do, wouldn't that make beating your record even more challenging?

Also, with the newer progression skips & special seeds in 1.4.1.2, to include the Fledgling Wings, why would Meteor Gear be missed again? You can literally boost your movement options in half-the-time you could in 1.3.5, what reasonable speedrunner would trade movement for Meteor Gear? 🧐🥤
i mean fledgling wings are cool and all but basicly any ballon with double jump is better, also what do i know i aint a speedrunner but my friends tell me speedrunners hate that meteor gear is locked after boss or something which i agree 100%

Also idk what type of better options ur talking about tho, im lookign to face tank my way or have most attack, i couldnt care less about movement in pre hardmode, i care about it in hardmode because thats when i need to actually focus on dodging, also yes i use meteor gear while playing melee because how much melee sucks in pre hardmode

Also why would i ever play special seeds, only special seed i play is for the worthy and i see no difference from the other seeds except some boss changes

i mean fledgling wings are cool and all but basicly any ballon with double jump is better, also what do i know i aint a speedrunner but my friends tell me speedrunners hate that meteor gear is locked after boss or something which i agree 100%
I assure you that your speedrunner friends are basing their opinion on emotion & a kneejerk response. Ask them the next time you see them, which Loadout is more powerful.
  • Meteor Armor, +any Weapon & Space Gun (balloon/ horseshoe).
  • Ancient Shadowscale Armor, +Fledgling Wings, Shield of Cthulhu, any Speed Boots, +grenades (new underground desert trigger).
20201115024113_1a.jpg

Also idk what type of better options ur talking about tho, im lookign to face tank my way or have most attack, i couldnt care less about movement in pre hardmode, i care about it in hardmode because thats when i need to actually focus on dodging, also yes i use meteor gear while playing melee because how much melee sucks in pre hardmode
Actually, many of the pre-Hardmode Bosses are balanced around the player having mediocre movement options, which is why most Speed Boots will win you any fight. Once you're able to take into the air, the fight is already over, it then just becomes about how fast you can kill the Boss, so taking hits isn't really a real concern outside of Skeletron & Queen Bee. When I tell you that Meteor Gear is obsolete, I'm not kidding... 🧐🥤

Also why would i ever play special seeds, only special seed i play is for the worthy and i see no difference from the other seeds except some boss changes
There's a few things you can do with special seeds, I'll leave the rest for you to discover on your own though.
  • Player has a larger chance of obtaining a Finch Staff (Drunk World).
  • Player has easy access to Happy Grenades, 30 damage (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to both Cursed Inferno & Ichor Debuff (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to both Wrath & Rage Potions (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to Moon Lord Legs (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to Red Potions, up to several random buffs (ForTheWorthy).
  • etc.

Eh, to be fair, you don't really NEED any additional movement for Pre-Hardmode bosses, at least assuming you're not playing Expert or some such:

Brain: Just get some knockback and his Phase 2 will (almost) never touch you. Any yo-yo or the rotted fork will do.
EoW: Grapple a ceiling and either rain grenades (be careful to not blow yourself up) or use a vilethorn or a spear of some kind.
EoC: You don't even need boots to dodge everything he does.
Queen Bee: All you need is a pair of rocket boots to jump over her charging attacks. Actually, if you timed it right you could probably get away with just a bottle.
Skeletron: Kill the hands and let the silly skull slowly roll towards you while you wail away at him.
King Slime: Put a single block up in the air, to grapple and throw grenades down at him or something.
WoF: Flying won't help you with this, you want a big long bridge and any running boots.

So, the Wings don't really give you any additional advantage over any of the Pre-Hardmode bosses to be honest. At least not in Normal.

EDIT: Also, skim-reading over a few posts, as I'm not going to read the entirety of a 26 page thread, I seriously hope people aren't using Speedrunners and people playing on Expert/Master as justification as to why the wings shouldn't exist. If you're a speedrunner, you can set rules on yourself. Speedrunners do this all the time. If you are playing Expert/Master, again, you can choose not to use them. Playing on Expert/Master is a choice you make (as is FTW), and you could also make the choice to not use the wings.

The rest of us casuals who don't care about additional challenge, will happily use the wings for QoL and it doesn't really "break" any of the Pre-Hardmode Bosses because each and every one of them already had plenty of things to deal with their mechanics as I outlined above, and having the wings changes very little, to almost nothing about those boss fights. And, again, you could always choose to not use them.

EDIT2: Thorium Mod has had weak pre-hardmode wings for years now, and I even did a playthrough of that now that I think about it, and... having those wings didn't change my strategy for any of the vanilla pre-hardmode bosses whatsoever, nor did having them change the difficulty much, if at all, nor do I remember hearing much of any complaints from the people that played that mod back while I was doing a playthrough and participating in the forum thread for it.

Last edited:
Eh, to be fair, you don't really NEED any additional movement for Pre-Hardmode bosses, at least assuming you're not playing Expert or some such:
I'm assuming the people complaining about Meteor Gear are playing on Expert Difficulty or higher, seeing as how they are upset about speedrunning strats being reworked, or it being a desirable power boost early game. Most speedrunners will want SoC, but outside of that, it's like you said, most this of stuff is trivial. Even in a Classic Difficulty World, the changes in 1.4.1.2 still make the second option better. 😏 🤷‍♂️

So, the Wings don't really give you any additional advantage over any of the Pre-Hardmode bosses to be honest. At least not in Normal.
The ability to soar & change trajectory in mid-battle is invaluable, let alone having fall damage resistance. Classic Difficulty & Expert/ Master Mode are two different games. Try some of your suggested strats on Master Mode & report back if it helps clear things up.

Again, if you're playing on Expert or Master, and you don't like how the wings "break" the game, then................. don't use the wings.

It really is that simple.

People shouldn't campaign against the removal of items they don't personally like in a mostly singleplayer game with optional multiplayer when you could just as easily choose not to use any item that you don't like.

Heck, I dunno if it is still like this, but the 1.3 bow... I forget the name of it -- that bow that would decimate any boss above ground? Was easysauce to cheese the 3 mechs and everything else, esp with holy arrows. The bow was so easy, that I did it once for S&G and then promptly decided to stop using the bow because it removed any challenge from the mech fights.

I didn't campaign for a nerf or removal of said bow or the arrows. I just chose not to use them.

EDIT: Daedalus something rather bow? It's been a long time.
EDIT2: This sort of "Fun Policing" is, I suspect, how/why Early Water Bolt got nerfed. Fun Detected, Fun Removed apparently.

Last edited:
Again, if you're playing on Expert or Master, and you don't like how the wings "break" the game, then................. don't use the wings.
I think you're misunderstand my point. What I was explaining to Gletch is that both Wings & Grenades can be accessed almost immediately at the start of the game, you don't even have to wait until nighttime to obtain them, they are both stronger than Meteor Gear & because the Demolitionist NPC can be flagged much sooner, would break progression in a bad way had it not been changed. Obtaining Grenades & Wings require some kind of risk & logistical foresight, blowing up free ore doesn't & having both is just bad balancing.

It really is that simple.
I mean, I think so, but there are still those complaining about Reaver Shark & Meteor Gear as if Powergaming was nerfed, which isn't the case. You can stil progression skip, it just takes actual skill & foresight to do properly, which wasn't the case with Reaver Shark & Meteorite.

People shouldn't campaign against the removal of items they don't personally like in a mostly singleplayer game with optional multiplayer when you could just as easily choose not to use any item that you don't like.
That's not a very good balancing philosophy, especially when you're introducing newer items into a game. I'm gonna assume you misunderstood the core of this discussion or are addressing someone else? 🤔🥤

Heck, I dunno if it is still like this, but the 1.3 bow... I forget the name of it -- that bow that would decimate any boss above ground? Was easysauce to cheese the 3 mechs and everything else, esp with holy arrows. The bow was so easy, that I did it once for S&G and then promptly decided to stop using the bow because it removed any challenge from the mech fights.
Though I agree it was a broken Weapon, I believe this was due to power creep, with Souls of Light etc., being craftable in creating your own Mimics. I assure you though, obtaining Biome Mimic-tier gear outside of using this feature isn't easy. It doesn't excuse it's power, but considering it was a random drop, it was a bit understandable at the time.

I didn't campaign for a nerf or removal of said bow or the arrows. I just chose not to use them.
Some players like PvP in this game as well as other features, balancing is important in the single player experience, just as much as it is outside of it. The player campaigning for balance likely participate in numerous aspects of what Terraria offers, for me it's progression paths, for others fluid decision making. If there's always an obvious choice, choosing the worse option is unlikely, especially over time.
  1. Do you want a smokin' hot girlfriend with a great personality who loves you deeply?
  2. Do you want an average-looking girlfriend with a great personality who likes you a lot?
Some people will obviously choose #2, whatever their reasons may be, but I can assure you that most, who are aiming higher, will always choose #1.

EDIT: Daedalus something rather bow? It's been a long time.
EDIT2: This sort of "Fun Policing" is, I suspect, how/why Early Water Bolt got nerfed. Fun Detected, Fun Removed apparently.
I agree, Walter Bolt is fun, but building a Mage is much faster & easier in 1.4.1.2. with the addition of Gemstone Trees & Thunder Zapper. Also keep in mind that Crimson Rod still exists, Band of Starpower can be crafted (which also means Magic Cuff can be crafted sooner) & there are several new Mage Accessories, outside of Falling Stars being much, more common. Mage is overall, objectively better in 1.4.1.2. 🧐🥤 I'm not sure how "no fun allowed" applies here... at all.

Did they buff the Crimson Rod? Because last I checked, it did such pitiful damage that I couldn't even really justify using it. The gem staves are kinda 'meh'.. they're 'ok' but they always felt rather underpowered when you compared them, to say, yo-yos. Also, you only get ONE Cloud, the damage ticks slower, and no bosses sit still long enough to get more than 1 tick here, 1 tick there. At least if you could place two of them like the Nimbus Rod, you could maybe stick a couple clouds out and get more hits in. Otherwise, the only use is some niche situation where you wanna rain down on some mobs in a room below or something, but meh. A yo-yo would do that just fine. Or a grenade. Even better.

Meanwhile, the Water Bolt spell.... as I was telling a friend last night..... 90% of Water Bolt's effectiveness is on content Pre-Skeletron. The only time I would ever USE a Water Bolt, is if I found one Pre-Skeletron in the surface Dungeon. It works awesome against the EoW, the BoC, Queen Bee, Goblins, Blood Moons. This is all Pre-Skeletron content. Heck, if you fight Skeletron inside of the first room on the surface, you can even use it on Skelly himself.

Once you defeat Skeletron, other than maybe mowing down some skeletons in the dungeon... it's become mostly useless. It doesn't work all that well on the WoF because there's not very much stuff you can bounce the bolts off of and it doesn't do enough damage to justify using it over things like the Fire Flower or that Fire Missile thingie you get from Shadow Chests. They do way more damage than Water Bolt ever could.

So..... it seems like they nerfed Water Bolt into almost uselessness. 90% of the weapon's usefulness was finding it randomly early-game.

Did they buff the Crimson Rod? Because last I checked, it did such pitiful damage that I couldn't even really justify using it. The gem staves are kinda 'meh'.. they're 'ok' but they always felt rather underpowered when you compared them, to say, yo-yos. Also, you only get ONE Cloud, the damage ticks slower, and no bosses sit still long enough to get more than 1 tick here, 1 tick there. At least if you could place two of them like the Nimbus Rod, you could maybe stick a couple clouds out and get more hits in. Otherwise, the only use is some niche situation where you wanna rain down on some mobs in a room below or something, but meh. A yo-yo would do that just fine. Or a grenade. Even better.
Not sure if Crimson Rod was buffed or not, but, considering the fact that Mage Class was buffed, it'd be indirectly stronger regardless so... yes, technically? Also, that's one of the reasons I keep stressing the power of Wings in pre-Hardmode, you choose which side of the map the fight happens on, whenever you want. If you wanna leash the Boss into your Bloody Clouds, you can; Wings give you control over fights that wasn't really possible before without Antigravity Potions & Fall Immunity, only it's permanent.

Meanwhile, the Water Bolt spell.... as I was telling a friend last night..... 90% of Water Bolt's effectiveness is on content Pre-Skeletron. The only time I would ever USE a Water Bolt, is if I found one Pre-Skeletron in the surface Dungeon. It works awesome against the EoW, the BoC, Queen Bee, Goblins, Blood Moons. This is all Pre-Skeletron content. Heck, if you fight Skeletron inside of the first room on the surface, you can even use it on Skelly himself.
I mean, that's debatable, but the Dungeon isn't the same place it used to be. It's more of a slower grind & you can't just zoom through it like before in 1.3.5. Also, there's more content aside from Skeletron & The Dungeon, like OOA (so you can work toward the Apprentice Set if you want). Also, you still have the chance to get Book of Skulls & Bee Gun is still viable post-Skeletron (with Hive pack). It's also important to note that Bone Glove is Class Neutral, so your DPS potential doesn't suddenly drop off with weaker Weapons, even in Master Mode.

Once you defeat Skeletron, other than maybe mowing down some skeletons in the dungeon... it's become mostly useless. It doesn't work all that well on the WoF because there's not very much stuff you can bounce the bolts off of and it doesn't do enough damage to justify using it over things like the Fire Flower or that Fire Missile thingie you get from Shadow Chests. They do way more damage than Water Bolt ever could.
I mean, there's still plenty of game after Skeletron & just because Water Bolts DPS can be beaten, it's usefulness doesn't suddenly disappear. Water Bolt can be used as a starter projectile, while the Player uses another, more powerful/ faster-moving spell behind it. There's few other pre-Hardmode Magic Spells that volley in the way Water Bolt does. There's no reason not to use it in concert with other, stronger pre-Hardmode Spells & I assure you that it's usefulness in the new 1.4.1.2 Dungeon is tough to match!

So..... it seems like they nerfed Water Bolt into almost uselessness. 90% of the weapon's usefulness was finding it randomly early-game.
I mean, there are some instances where it can still be progression skipped, but there's so many fun newer additions, & Mage is just stronger in general, Water Bolt isn't really a necessity outside of the Dungeon. Lastly, as far as I know, WoF can still be killed using Water Bolt in 1.4.1.2, I don't think that's changed at all... 🤔🥤

Just played 1.4.1.2 for the first time.
Why did they make Starboard worse. Like why. It's the horizontal speed when dropping after letting go of the down key that's slower. I think it was increased in 1.4.1, still a shame it's slower now.

The issue was that in 1.4.1, it was incredibly slippery and imprecise. Someone described it as flying on ice, which is exactly what it felt like.

I honestly just always use celestial wings over Starboard. In 1.4, you couldn’t dash properly on Starboard and now in 1.4.1 and .1.2, its handling is much more difficult.

If they could find a way to keep the 1.4 release handling and not break the dash, I’d go with that on a heartbeat, but right now Starboard just doesn’t seem to play well.

I assure you that your speedrunner friends are basing their opinion on emotion & a kneejerk response. Ask them the next time you see them, which Loadout is more powerful.
  • Meteor Armor, +any Weapon & Space Gun (balloon/ horseshoe).
  • Ancient Shadowscale Armor, +Fledgling Wings, Shield of Cthulhu, any Speed Boots, +grenades (new underground desert trigger).
View attachment 298432

Actually, many of the pre-Hardmode Bosses are balanced around the player having mediocre movement options, which is why most Speed Boots will win you any fight. Once you're able to take into the air, the fight is already over, it then just becomes about how fast you can kill the Boss, so taking hits isn't really a real concern outside of Skeletron & Queen Bee. When I tell you that Meteor Gear is obsolete, I'm not kidding... 🧐🥤

There's a few things you can do with special seeds, I'll leave the rest for you to discover on your own though.
  • Player has a larger chance of obtaining a Finch Staff (Drunk World).
  • Player has easy access to Happy Grenades, 30 damage (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to both Cursed Inferno & Ichor Debuff (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to both Wrath & Rage Potions (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to Moon Lord Legs (Drunk World).
  • Player has access to Red Potions, up to several random buffs (ForTheWorthy).
  • etc.
No i dont want to play drunk world, ill play that when i feel like being a funny guy, btw like the other guy said i dont need movement in pre hardmode, balloon + double jump accesories are superior for me since those wings barely fly, meteor gear aint obsolite for me in 1.3, it became obsolete when it got locked away in 1.4 smart guy, all movement i care about is hermes boots and thats it, you cant tell me how i actually play this game, also i dont ever gonna choose corruption, crimson is better so no armor for me sadly

1.4.1.2: "Reverted Town NPC House/Village check distance increase. This was doubled in 1.4.1, and has now been returned to 1.4 levels "

all my towns are broken... ;(

People's towns were broken when this change was first introduced and this actually punished people who liked to make tidy builds with all NPCs closeby and still somewhat happy / neutral (Which was still possible to do before 1.4.1 changes) instead making spread apart houses for Pylons.

I'm so glad that it got reverted.

I just hope they don't change this again so people don't have to re build their towns yet again.

Last edited:
No i dont want to play drunk world, ill play that when i feel like being a funny guy, btw like the other guy said i dont need movement in pre hardmode, balloon + double jump accesories are superior for me since those wings barely fly, meteor gear aint obsolite for me in 1.3, it became obsolete when it got locked away in 1.4 smart guy, all movement i care about is hermes boots and thats it, you cant tell me how i actually play this game, also i dont ever gonna choose corruption, crimson is better so no armor for me sadly
Listen, I'm not trying to tell you how to play, what I'm telling you to do is... equip a pair of Fledgling Wings & Lighting Boots, do a running-jump & tell me you still prefer Balloons. If you can do that, then I'll agree with you that I'm wrong here, but I'm 100% certain you'll discover that it's not necessary, not even in Master Mode.

Take a look at this...
20201115113355_1a.jpg
20201115113355_1b.jpg

With just two to three, lucky Gemstone Tree discoveries, you can craft an entire set of Mage Gear, from Robes, to Wand (+Gold Bars), to Grappling Hook etc. Even if you only come across one Tree, you can grow your very own Gem Tree farm from it (you can even sleep to speed things up)! What I'm trying to get across to you, is that there are a LOT of options for progression in 1.4.1.2, it's ok to let Meteorite Gear go, it's not a total loss, I promise! Just do me a favor & try equipping the Gear I have on & try fighting some of the Bosses & Enemies in the game, tell me if you notice a difference.
20201115113355_1c.jpg

• Wizard/ Magic Hat
  • Ruby Robes
  • +any Armored Grieves
  • Fledgling Wings
  • Lightning Boots
  • Band of Starpower/ Mana Regen Band
  • Celestial Magnet/ Cuffs

I think the point he's trying to make is that, if the developers closed a door for you, maybe instead of complaining about the door, look for an open window nearby. For example, if there are new builds that can improve your play, but are only available in a corruption-based world, maybe you should factor that into picking what worlds you generate.

The metagame changes; that's the nature of any balance fix. The question is only whether you will adapt your playstyle to the metagame or choose to play sub-optimally.

Listen, I'm not trying to tell you how to play, what I'm telling you to do is... equip a pair of Fledgling Wings & Lighting Boots, do a running-jump & tell me you still prefer Balloons. If you can do that, then I'll agree with you that I'm wrong here, but I'm 100% certain you'll discover that it's not necessary, not even in Master Mode.

Take a look at this...
View attachment 298464View attachment 298465

With just two to three, lucky Gemstone Tree discoveries, you can craft an entire set of Mage Gear, from Robes, to Wand (+Gold Bars), to Grappling Hook etc. Even if you only come across one Tree, you can grow your very own Gem Tree farm from it (you can even sleep to speed things up)! What I'm trying to get across to you, is that there are a LOT of options for progression in 1.4.1.2, it's ok to let Meteorite Gear go, it's not a total loss, I promise! Just do me a favor & try equipping the Gear I have on & try fighting some of the Bosses & Enemies in the game, tell me if you notice a difference.
View attachment 298466
  • Wizard/ Magic Hat
  • Ruby Robes
  • +any Armored Grieves
  • Fledgling Wings
  • Lightning Boots
  • Band of Starpower/ Mana Regen Band
  • Celestial Magnet/ Cuffs
you think i didnt tried fledging wings yet? even after how much i said i DONT find them that useful since Double jumps are better????? also i dont want to die to every hit in mastermode as a mage thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom