Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t argue that Melee is super weak. In prehardmode,the only boss it really struggles with is Wall of Flesh thanks to the flail rework and it has good options in Hardmode such as the Shadowflame Knives, Light Discs, Flairon, North Pole etc. Terra Blade and Influx Waver and similar weapons are also super powerful. It’s also arguably the best class for exploring because of no resource management and good survivability. It may not be as good as ranged and mage, but I don’t think you’re giving it enough credit.

However, Zenith and PVP are by no means a valid basis to judge a class off of. Zenith is literally *the* last weapon, and PVP is so powercrept that literally anything really ruins it unless you play with pre-Plantera gear.

u forgot about the pre mech stage, The point in the game where melee class would NEVER stand a chance against the mechs( at least where it is now)

I wouldn’t argue that Melee is super weak. In prehardmode,the only boss it really struggles with is Wall of Flesh thanks to the flail rework and it has good options in Hardmode such as the Shadowflame Knives, Light Discs, Flairon, North Pole etc. Terra Blade and Influx Waver and similar weapons are also super powerful. It’s also arguably the best class for exploring because of no resource management and good survivability. It may not be as good as ranged and mage, but I don’t think you’re giving it enough credit.

However, Zenith and PVP are by no means a valid basis to judge a class off of. Zenith is literally *the* last weapon, and PVP is so powercrept that literally anything really ruins it unless you play with pre-Plantera gear.
That isn't what ruins pvp. NinshuEx has stated that servers ruin pvp. Servers can't handle a weapon so they ban it, or servers can't handle the raw power of a player and bans them. Melee would be alright if there were final weapons for all classes. Melee is strong enough as it is, does it really need a weapon that deals 12k base dps? No other class can reach that, melee shouldn't either.

That isn't what ruins pvp. NinshuEx has stated that servers ruin pvp. Servers can't handle a weapon so they ban it, or servers can't handle the raw power of a player and bans them. Melee would be alright if there were final weapons for all classes. Melee is strong enough as it is, does it really need a weapon that deals 12k base dps? No other class can reach that, melee shouldn't either.
The devs haven't ever balanced around pvp and added it as an afterthought.
Sergeant United Shield, which boosts all damage, and the Bladetongue, which makes enemies weaker and pierces.
"let's just intentionally endanger my character so I can do something all other classes could do already, only they did it better in every way"

The devs haven't ever balanced around pvp and added it as an afterthought.

"let's just intentionally endanger my character so I can do something all other classes could do already, but better."
Bladetongue doesn't need to hit a boss to summon ichor, it can hit anything.

The list of MUST HAVE weapons in pvp

Melee:
Star wrath
North pole
Daybreak
Shadow Jousting lance
Flying dragon
Scourge of the courruptor
Zenith
First fractal

Ranged:

weapons:
Phantasm
Eventide
Super star shooter
S.D.M.G
Tsunami
Aerial bane
Sniper rifle
Celebration mk2
Dart rifle/pistol

Ammo:
Bows:
Holy arrows
Clorophyte arrows
Luminite arrows
Guns:
Meteor shot
Luminite bullets
clorophyte bullets
Rockets:
Mini nuke I
Cluster rocket I
Darts:
Any hm dart (cursed/ichor/crystal)

Magic:
Last prism
Nebula blaze
Nebula arcanum
Razorblade typhoon
Lunar flare
Cursed flame
Sky fracture

Summon:
Desert tiger
Rainbow crystal
Kalidoscope

Note: These weapons worked for me best, there may be class setups better on pvp

Not what I meant by ruined. I meant that weapons are already strong enough to make it not fair. Sniper Rifle can 1hit players from off their screens, Nebula Blaze can be spammed and burn a player in 1 hit, Terrarian two shots a player just like Zenith and is nigh unavoidable, Rainbow Crystal can 2 hit a player just by clicking them. The list goes on.

"let's just intentionally endanger my character so I can do something all other classes could do already, only they did it better in every way"

There’s still Amarok, Shadowflame Knives and Light Discs which have plenty enough range to deal with the Mechs and surprisingly effective damage output especially for the Knives.

Bladetongue and S.A.S and a few others are effective for crowd control, and Bladetongue is even better at it than other classes at this stage of the game with its piercing and good melee knockback.

Bladetongue doesn't need to hit a boss to summon ichor, it can hit anything.
I'd rather just go impure and use a golden shower, so I don't need to land on the ground just to apply a debuff for a comparatively short amount of time. Or I could just load a dart pistol/rifle with Ichor darts and apply the debuff while using a weapon who's single target dps is second only to that of the pre-nerf daedalus stormbow.

I'd rather just go impure and use a golden shower, so I don't need to land on the ground just to apply a debuff for a comparatively short amount of time. Or I could just load a dart pistol/rifle with Ichor darts and apply the debuff while using a weapon who's single target dps rivals that of the pre-nerf daedalus stormbow.
yea cuz the golden shower attacks without enemy contact and ichor darts split into 4 they all give the same debuff, making ranged and magic obviously win due to being able to keep distance from the enemy/boss and still do massive damage without risking yourself

If melee wants ichor, you can just slap an ichor flask on top of your shadowflame knives and be able to apply it from long range with every strike.

the problem is goblin army might not spawn due to it originally being pre hm event
pirate invasion replaces goblin army in hm
I did several gameplays and mostly got the pirates

Not what I meant by ruined. I meant that weapons are already strong enough to make it not fair. Sniper Rifle can 1hit players from off their screens, Nebula Blaze can be spammed and burn a player in 1 hit, Terrarian two shots a player just like Zenith and is nigh unavoidable, Rainbow Crystal can 2 hit a player just by clicking them. The list goes on.

There’s still Amarok, Shadowflame Knives and Light Discs which have plenty enough range to deal with the Mechs and surprisingly effective damage output especially for the Knives.

Bladetongue and S.A.S and a few others are effective for crowd control, and Bladetongue is even better at it than other classes at this stage of the game with its piercing and good melee knockback.
OHK Sniper rifle is terrible, and the best PVPers know that. It's bullet is small and easily avoidable. If you watch somebody like Shinden or SashEx play, they don't stop moving and rarely get hit. Ninshu has also showed long list of deaths from somebody trying to use an OHK sniper, and failing horribly. Nebula Blaze can run out of mana fairly quickly, and terrarian has very limited ranged. With more skilled PVPers, you won't ever see them, you only see their projectiles at most. And, as mentioned before, you'll never see a skilled PvPer, so the Rainbow Crystal is useless. They are good in PvE, with the excepion of the sniper rifle.

I'd rather just go impure and use a golden shower, so I don't need to land on the ground just to apply a debuff for a comparatively short amount of time. Or I could just load a dart pistol/rifle with Ichor darts and apply the debuff while using a weapon who's single target dps is second only to that of the pre-nerf daedalus stormbow.
Or you could just hit a statue summoned enemy to trigger the ichor summoned by the Bladetongue.

the problem is goblin army might not spawn due to it originally being pre hm event
pirate invasion replaces goblin army in hm
I did several gameplays and mostly got the pirates

You can summon it manually, it takes about as much time to get 10 tattered cloth as it takes to get a pirate map. Even with bad RNG the Amarok and Chain Guillotine still remain a highly viable option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom