Weapons & Equip Rubber Ring

King Llamington

Brain of Cthulhu
(Just searched Floaties so I hope I'm in the clear)

index.php
(Thanks @darthmorf for the sprite!)
S2GVrOw.png
(I tried a re-colour :p)

Basically an upgrade to flippers, once wearing this you float instead of sinking automatically. Can be acquired in water chests, same rarity as Flippers. Cannot be tinkered with anything. Holding the DOWN key allows you to go down, however, once the key has been let go off, you float back up.

Type: Accessory
Max Stack: 1
Rarity: Blue
Tooltip: You float while you're wearing!
Sell: 20 Silver coins.
Found in: Chests

Last edited:
Soooo...water wings?
Also, when you let go of the down key, you would float back up to the surface? (In which case it would be even more literally water "wings")

Soooo...water wings?
Also, when you let go of the down key, you would float back up to the surface? (In which case it would be even more literally water "wings")
No they're Floaties, as in those things for little children that prevent them from drowning. I don't know what Water Wings are, and I don't know where you got that from.

No they're Floaties, as in those things for little children that prevent them from drowning. I don't know what Water Wings are, and I don't know where you got that from.

You should make it that you can't go down, as a sort of cost to using a floaty. And once you're underwater, you can't go back up.

Remember, Google is your friend. However, just to clarify what water wings are, I found this:
image.jpg

It makes much more sense to have it so you swim downwards, and then float back up. This unique functionality would make it so it's not immediately obsolete upon finding the Water Walking Boots. This more closely matches real life as well.

Also, I would like to point out that if you can't go down, you can't look for the Water Walking Boots, which are found in water chests.

Hope this helps!

Remember, Google is your friend. However, just to clarify what water wings are, I found this:
View attachment 24160

It makes much more sense to have it so you swim downwards, and then float back up. This unique functionality would make it so it's not immediately obsolete upon finding the Water Walking Boots. This more closely matches real life as well.

Also, I would like to point out that if you can't go down, you can't look for the Water Walking Boots, which are found in water chests.

Hope this helps!
I'll keep the name and the sprite, but I will bring back the unique function.

When I read the title I thought of the rubber rings for sheep. I'm not sure if they would have much of a place in Terraria though.

But on topic this is a neat idea and I like it!
Thank you for the positive feedback!
You should make it that you can't go down, as a sort of cost to using a floaty. And once you're underwater, you can't go back up.
The penalty of being underwater and staying underwater seems harsh.

Back
Top Bottom