OOC Rundan: A realistic pokemon RP

One problem I can see with not putting a limit on moves is that someone could just give a pokemon every move they have in their learnset, which the limit of 4 prevents (And it also gives me a reason to actually not be a :red:ing idiot)

At least for me I might just describe what the Pokémon do to attack rather than saying what move since It allows for more description as far as what the Pokémon is doing.
One problem I can see with not putting a limit on moves is that someone could just give a pokemon every move they have in their learnset, which the limit of 4 prevents (And it also gives me a reason to actually not be a :red:ing idiot)
But what would be the problem with that? Most Pokémon don’t get too many good moves anyway.

Some pokemon do get good moves, and stats and IVs (Which I'm assuming are a thing otherwise Hidden Power would be the most :red: move Togepi has) can also make moves do quite a bit of damage.

I’m pretty sure there was a rule about starting with basic Pokémon (If not, there probably should be for now for balancing purposes), and most basic Pokémon don’t have access to many moves. There’s exceptions, but not too many of them. And besides, even with a 4 move limit there’s no stopping someone from choosing the 4 best moves the Pokémon has.

True, but at least it'd only be 4, instead of something like 12 which I'm totally not guilty of doing myself Sandy has 13 moves if you think about it
IVs aren't that big of a deal in this as its an rp
Sienna with her Hidden Power Togepi: Well about that

Just choose a Hidden Power type.
I don't really like just picking one, I've done it a few times but it just doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I might change Splashy's (and any other Hidden Power users with self-selected types) Hidden Power to whatever RNG gives me.

For hidden power just choose a type, then that would be the pokemon's hidden power type if you don't want to do that just spin a type wheel and go with that
More realisticness than the games is what I am going for, it would make sense for some pokemon to attack in a wider variation than others

I don't really like just picking one, I've done it a few times but it just doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I might change Splashy's (and any other Hidden Power users with self-selected types) Hidden Power to whatever RNG gives me.
Wouldn’t you just be picking IVs anyway?

For hidden power just choose a type, then that would be the pokemon's hidden power type if you don't want to do that just spin a type wheel and go with that
More realisticness than the games is what I am going for, it would make sense for some pokemon to attack in a wider variation than others
Again, I dislike just picking a type as it feels like cheating to me.
Wouldn’t you just be picking IVs anyway?
I do that with RNG too, actually...
I am trying to put the list down but I keep being interrupted please stop making me answer all these things I AM HAVING AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN

Name: To be Decided.
Level (Deal with it I am doing the basic stuff here): 10
Moves: Return (At I'd say about 35% of full power)
Hidden Power (Type will be calculated in a bit)
Dazzling Gleam
Aerial Ace
Held Item: Silk Scarf go brrr
Ability: Serene Grace (She'll probably get Metronome eventually)
IVs:
HP: 19
Attack: 17
Defense: 5
Special Attack: 18
Special Defense: 24
Speed: 10
And I shall be going to the hidden power calculator now.
Edit:
Hidden Power type: Flying Type with 45 base power.
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Somewhat Stubborn

Last edited:
Again, I dislike just picking a type as it feels like cheating to me.

I do that with RNG too, actually...
I am trying to put the list down but I keep being interrupted please stop making me answer all these things I AM HAVING AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN

Name: To be Decided.
Level (Deal with it I am doing the basic stuff here): 10
Moves: Return (At I'd say about 35% of full power)
Hidden Power (Type will be calculated in a bit)
Dazzling Gleam
Aerial Ace
Held Item: Silk Scarf go brrr
Ability: Serene Grace (She'll probably get Metronome eventually)
IVs:
HP: 19
Attack: 17
Defense: 5
Special Attack: 18
Special Defense: 24
Speed: 10
And I shall be going to the hidden power calculator now.
Asking a question does not force an answer, but I guess I could stop asking questions. I’d rather stay confused than give someone a breakdown over something like that.
Name: No idea. I’ll probably make it another reference though.
Moves: If I really have to choose some, it’s Pound/Fake Out, Arm Thrust, Double Kick and Bite (I think Pancham can learn Bite...)) Otherwise, I’ll do what I said I’d do and just describe how it is attacking.
Item: Are custom items allowed? If so, a Bear Patch that’s just Black Glasses but it’s a Danganrompa sticker, if not than a Silk Scarf that’s black with a red stripe on it.
Ability: Scrappy
Hidden Power Type (Probably never going to use this but whatever): Wait can Hidden Power be Fairy? I feel like it can’t, which sucks. If it can, then Fairy, else Ghost.
Extras: Trusts Xia completely, but no one else.
Name: Doesn’t have one yet. Might be Neutralize/r (Newt for short) if I can’t decide on a better name…
Moves: Water Gun, Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt and Aura Sphere if I have to choose. Else, descriptions.
Item: If custom items are allowed, then a Gold Scope (Same as Wise Glasses, but it’s a scope). If I have to choose a pre-existing one, then Choice Specs.
Ability: Mega Launcher
Hidden Power type (Again, probably won’t use Hidden Power but I’ll include it anyway): Steel
Extras: Doesn’t mind being held like a gun for some reason.
@TheEpicSylveon, should Hidden Power just be a move that all Pokémon know? Since every Pokémon has a Hidden Power value, it would make sense. Which would also mean you could choose another move if you wanted, Esther.

Last edited:
I will have to think about every pokemon knowing hidden power because that could be strong,
Custom items are allowed as long as they are semi balanced
Hidden Power isn’t that strong of a move, it just spices up how a Pokémon can attack. I do understand how Pokémon having random coverage could be a problem though… Also, unlike some custom items I’ve made, these ones I listed are literally just reskins of Black Glasses and Wise Glasses, respectively. And Imma change Clauncher’s Hidden Power type to Steel because it fits more

Hidden Power isn’t that strong of a move, it just spices up how a Pokémon can attack. I do understand how Pokémon having random coverage could be a problem though… Also, unlike some custom items I’ve made, these ones I listed are literally just reskins of Black Glasses and Wise Glasses, respectively. And Imma change Clauncher’s Hidden Power type to Steel because it fits more
Yeah its the coverage that bothers me, I'll think about it and get back to it later,
Yeah I saw that, reskins are fine

I mean, Hidden Power is a move any Pokémon can learn if I remember correctly, and due to the nature of the move it’s make sense if all Pokémon had it. I gave my characters’ Pokémon… less than desirable Hidden Power types since I base it off of their personalities, but I am aware that other people might abuse the system to have optimal coverage.

Back
Top Bottom