Mobile Rune Wizard Farm?

Gem caverns are pretty common if all you do is mine underground. Ive found a fair few of one gem caverns and one cavern with multiple gems inside of them.

ive tried that in the gem cavern. and all around it. didnt seem to help. it also didnt help i had dungeon monsters spawning instead. and you cant harvest the background walls sadly .-.

ive tried that in the gem cavern. and all around it. didnt seem to help. it also didnt help i had dungeon monsters spawning instead. and you cant harvest the background walls sadly .-.
Well ttaht sucks. off to afk in the gem cave!(With minions of course)

yeah its just a matter of time afk. but you have to be careful rebel. they can shoot through blocks. and pop up in closed of places since they teleport.

Jam cavarns ara prarty camman if awl yau dau is mane undargraund. Eye've faund a fair feaw of one jam cavarns and one cavarn with maltiple jams inside of them.
(Just replaced most vowels with 'a', as in most e, i, o, and u were changed into A's)

My sister calls those rooms "rave rooms". But they are actually called "shinies" if you look carefully at a world generation screen, you can see "Generating Shinies", and there are no other shining places in a newly generated world. I found a rune wizard near one (so close to a lava pool, 1 of my 40 hearts stopped), and used the robe. I still have the hat. Added a screenshot of my vanity set, and anow extra hat. If I could wear the hat and skull at the same time, I could look exactly like a rune wizard!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-13-00-14-40-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-13-00-14-40-1.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
(Just replaced most vowels with 'a', as in most e, i, o, and u were changed into A's)

My sister calls those rooms "rave rooms". But they are actually called "shinies" if you look carefully at a world generation screen, you can see "Generating Shinies", and there are no other shining places in a newly generated world. I found a rune wizard near one (so close to a lava pool, 1 of my 40 hearts stopped), and used the robe. I still have the hat. Added a screenshot of my vanity set, and anow extra hat. If I could wear the hat and skull at the same time, I could look exactly like a rune wizard!
Technically that's Skeletron Mask. But who am I to judge, I once thought vanity was stackable with armor, and feared I would be a copper player with goggles...

Wait... So they spawn more commonly near gem caves? Ugh... I really need to avoid them... One almost killed me, I don't want to meet that skeleton again.

Wait... So they spawn more commonly near gem caves? Ugh... I really need to avoid them... One almost killed me, I don't want to meet that skeleton again.
I want to, if I could. Man, it will be so much easier with the Optic staff from PC...Or any minion that noclips. But it's been a Looooonnngggg time since I got a black lens...
Maybe Piranha gun will be of use as the piranha tracks the thingamajig around when it tps

Is he that rare? They kept spawning while i was scavaging them traps in the lizhard altar. I encountered three, but it was a pain to kill them. I actually trashed the vanity clothing, but i kept one set because i was collecting clothing sets at the time.
OMG YOURE LUCKy

i got the set and its so amazing as it makes a cool effect under your feet.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441078248,1441078228][/DOUBLEPOST]i found him in the underground hallow

I've killed that many Rune Wizards I've lost count!

But I can asure you, it's well over 50, got the banner and 2 chests full of the rune robe set.

In my ranger playthrough (after the recent mobile update), i found 1 on my way to the lizhard dungeon, and found 2 more while killing and plundering my way to the altar.

From personal experience, i think its safe to say that if you want to farm them, its best to do it in the Lizhard.

If you are patient, they should be easy to find. I had a set of vanity, but my hat glitched out and disappeared. So using a water candle, a battle potion and a good area to farm in, i ended up finding one in around 30 minutes. You can use the nimbus rod to protect yourself if you are going afk, just make sure to check your character ever few minutes,as the rune wizards pack a punch!:)

Last edited:
posting on a year and a half old post is whats really drastic buddy. nothing wrong with this post at all. its a hard set to get.

I'm trying to get de Rune Wizard Banner on Mobile 1.4 and this is my approach:

Screenshot_20210130-102332_Terraria.jpg

I just cleaned a large area around the player and made a platform that is 62 to 84 tiles away from the player, with a wall of teleporters to teleport all other creatures away, just like DicemanX teach on this farm (so they despaw immediately) and the Rune Wizards teleport by yourself to that platform near the player and get killed by a minion of choice..

Back
Top Bottom