Running but wolnt play!

JaxYT

Official Terrarian
Just got terraria from steam on windows 10 laptop, it says its running but the game wolnt acctually show up on my screen. ive tried task manager, restarting, and verify integrity of the files. Please help!!!

Terraria can take a long time to start as it has to load .NET and XNA. Try to be patient and wait at least 5-10 minutes before doing anything.

If it still doesn't work, we need to find out more about what's going on. One way to do that is to navigate to the Terraria folder (In Steam, right-click on Terraria and select Manage>Browse local files), and then run TerrariaServer.exe. It will open a terminal window, and may output some errors. Please post those errors here.

By the way, do you know if windows was upgraded from an earlier version, or if it was a clean install?

Thanks, ill try that. im not sure, think it was updated
Ok. If it was upgraded, there might be issues with .NET. The XNA framework that Terraria is built upon requires that a version of .NET 4 is installed.
It should be possible to install it even when windows was upgraded (I did that on my old pc), but it can be a bit quirky.

Yeah, my Terraria is weird too. If I want it to appear on my screen, I need to start it, wait a minute, stop it, and reopen it.

Will it always take this long to load?
Probably. Restarting the game should be quicker though compared to cold starts where .NET have had time to unload from memory. It depends on a number of things though, like how powerful your pc is, harddrive performance and some other things. On my 3 year old gaming pc with an SSD, Terraria takes about 1-2 minutes to start.

Yeah, my Terraria is weird too. If I want it to appear on my screen, I need to start it, wait a minute, stop it, and reopen it.
Hmm, that is weird. Are you certain you can't just wait for a bit?

Hmm, that is weird. Are you certain you can't just wait for a bit?
I've tried waiting before. Steam says the game is running, but I can't play it, and it doesn't appear on the taskbar at the bottom. I have to wait a while, presumably while the game loads my mods, and then I can close and reopen it.

I've tried waiting before. Steam says the game is running, but I can't play it, and it doesn't appear on the taskbar at the bottom. I have to wait a while, presumably while the game loads my mods, and then I can close and reopen it.
Hmm, never seen anything like that. I don't think I can help you with that. :(
Are you using tML? Try asking in this section.

Back
Top Bottom