• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Russian translation mistakes and bugs

Sixshaman

Steampunker
The Golden Shower spell makes a reference to a well-known slang term. The same term on Russian is called "Золотой дождь", which means "Golden rain". But the translation in the game is literal ("Золотой душ"), which completely destroys the reference. Nobody in Russia calles it "Золотой душ".

TL;DR: "Золотой душ" -> "Золотой дождь".

Edit: And please, do something with font. Please. The Terraria font is beautiful, it's one of the main reasons I've fallen in love with the game.

Last edited:

Human

Terrarian
Edit: And please, do something with font. Please. The Terraria font is beautiful, it's one of the main reasons I've fallen in love with the game.
There are some licensing issues with it, as far as I know. Current font is a placeholder.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
To clarify on that point, it may not be a placeholder. The negative reaction thus far has been noted, and its possible it will be replaced, but we chose it intentionally at the time. The Terraria font in cyrillic exists, but we may not be able to use it. Its also not my call, unfortunately. :(

btvoidx

Terrarian
To clarify on that point, it may not be a placeholder. The negative reaction thus far has been noted, and its possible it will be replaced, but we chose it intentionally at the time. The Terraria font in cyrillic exists, but we may not be able to use it. Its also not my call, unfortunately. :(
FeelsBadMan

Human

Terrarian
Though, in any case, if it won't be usable, the Russian community will likely reintroduce it as a mod, as was done long before.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Note: The Betsy boss bag is an unrelated bug, it says that in all languages, and we've already reported it. Good eye though Zadum! :)

Lostorigin

Official Terrarian
I noticed some mistakes in Steampunker's phrases

In the end of the first sentence is written "экипировка". Should be "шестеренка".

The same thing with the second phrase. Is written "экипировку". The sentence should be " Покажи мне пару шестеренок!"
Wrong: экипировка (equipment)
Right: шестеренка (gear)

Wonder_Truffle

Steampunker
  • Font-size:
As someone already said earlier in some cases font-size seems too big (pic. №1)
Or too small. Which makes symbols collide (pic. №2)
ScreenShot_20170419211402.png
ScreenShot_20170419215216.png

• Plus IMO it's better to cange "Звуки природы" (tr. Sounds of nature) to "Окружение" (tr. environment/ambience)
• Is it just me or someone else also think that applying grammar case to "terrarian" feels weird and unnecessary

• Cloud saving:
"Двигаться к облаку" should be changed to "Переместить в облако" cuz of meaning. ("Двигаться" means "move towards smth" while "Переместить" means "transfer/relocate")
ScreenShot_20170419211317.png

• Font:
Perhaps i'm over-complaining but this font seems to be too edgy compared to default Terraria font (even more when both fonts in the same sentence).
ScreenShot_20170419215145.png

Lostorigin

Official Terrarian

There is a mismatch of translation in Angler's sentence. Let's compare sentences with English version: "Let a kid give you some advice, never touch your tongue to an ice block! Wait, forget what I said, I totally want to see you do it!" At first, "a kid" should be translated as "ребенок". Secondly, "block" should be translated as "блок".
Wrong: парень (guy), глыба (lump)
Right: ребенок (kid), блок (block)

Nordblum

Terrarian

When you're in Space, it says that you're in Space as in the key on the keyboard. It must say "Космос" instead, because that's what the Space biome is.
Wrong: Пробел
Correct: Космос

Last edited:

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
This can't be for serious... :indifferent:
Cyrillic variant is copyright protected or what? o_O
Many fonts require a licensing fee to use in commercial products, such as a video game. Its not something your average (home) computer user runs into, but a business can't just use any font they please for a product. And depending on the font in question, the licensing contract can be very prohibitive.

Not getting the appropriate licensing could result in a lawsuit, etc. Its absolutely serious.

Top Bottom