Weapons & Equip RWBY Weapons and possibly Clothes?

As far as references to other series go, Terraria typically only includes those that are the most iconic. So with RWBY, it would be the scythe, Crescent Rose.

I took a look at the source material, and this weapon is among the most interesting concepts I've seen for any fictional weapon ever. It's a scythe, but it's also a sniper rifle, and it carries massive recoil when not anchored.

So a Terraria rendition of Crescent Rose would probably have very different properties when used in the air vs. on the ground. Grounded, Crescent Rose would act as a Sniper Rifle with a modest improvement in firing speed. In the air, Crescent Rose's recoil would propel the wielder in the opposite direction, sending the scythe spinning continuously and dealing melee damage, though this would also penalize use time. Firing when grappled or hanging on a rope would trigger the melee attack without the recoil. I would consider this a below-average weapon for ranged and melee DPS, but the added mobility could potentially be very valuable.

Something about this weapon strikes me as very Crimson, but I suppose we could also introduce it as a drop from a new enemy that spawns during Blood Moons after Golem has been defeated.

rwby is produced by rooster teeth, an american studio; that disqualifies it from being an "anime" by the definition of the word

as for this suggestion, sure, that'd be cool, but whether the re-logic devs would want to make a rwby reference is up to their personal tastes; usually a dev will only throw in references to what they enjoy, so your odds of getting any rwby-based items are entirely based off how much everyone at re-logic collectively likes rwby

if you wanna suggest specific stuff from rwby though, knock yourself out; i love suggestions for specific items that reference other games and media and i used to do that a lot myself

I don't think some random anime is a good fit.

If it's in an anime style, it's an anime.

I think the comment by @MiltVala of "ahahahaha ahahahaha" is perfectly justified here. RWBY is an anime-esque show by Rooster Teeth, an american company. As @Sodapone said, that disqualifies it from being an anime out of hand, though I will admit it has many anime-like traits. In any case, it's more than "just some anime". It's awesome enough to go on Crunchyroll despite being made in america, and has hit the #3 most popular spot multiple times, beaten out only by big shots like Naruto and One Piece. It has a massive and incredibly dedicated fanbase that, when asked to fund a RWBY board game, went over $200,000 the absolute maximum stretch goal of $550,000. It had an amazing director/creator in Monty Oum (rest in peace, you glorious genius you), who specifically designed every costume in the show to be creatable with existing fabric and clothing pieces, and designed the weapons in such way that they were not just realistic, but actually creatable in real life, folding and trigger mechanisms included!

Okay. I may have gone just a tad overboard there. `:confused: Tl;dr, RWBY is awesome and Rooster Teeth would probably be fine with it being referenced in Terraria. They have a pretty long history of praising fan works, and in one case, actually making a fan flash game into an official licensed game! In any case, this suggestion sounds awesome. Oh, and @Baconfry? Yeah, that idea is amazing. For someone who has apparently never seen RWBY before, you definitely nailed it. Though, I must say, Crescent Rose is far from the only absurdly awesome weapon in RWBY. If one gets added, I don't think more would be far behind, probably along with a costume or two. Well, I've said a lot, and frankly this post is reaching a worrying length, so I'll stop now. After reminding everyone that reads this to try RWBY and try to ignore the weird animation in season 1. It doesn't affect the battle scenes, and it gets better fast.

If it’s animated by a Japanese studio and is intended to be viewed by Japanese audiences, it’s anime.

upload_2018-5-4_11-38-17.png

Panty and Stocking is an anime.

upload_2018-5-4_11-39-32.jpeg

Pingu in the City is an anime.

upload_2018-5-4_11-41-24.gif

Avatar: The Last Airbender is NOT an anime.

Rooster Teeth is not a Japanese studio, so RWBY is not an anime.

More on topic: RWBY is fairly well-known, so I wouldn’t mind Crescent Rose being added to Terraria in some way, since it’s the most iconic weapon in RWBY. But the version I proposed up there is not subtle at all, and I didn’t even change the name, so the exact similarity to the actual Crescent Rose would have to be toned down a bit.

I hope I didn't start an argument on what's anime or not x-x I was just suggesting this, hoping to see if Re-Logic would see it.

Nah. Well, I guess this argument might technically be your fault, but I think it's mostly @Lord Garak's fault for not understanding both the definition of anime and just how awesome and popular RWBY is. Hmm. That came out a bit ruder than was intended. Not much ruder, but enough to apologize. Sorry.`:indifferent:

Back
Top Bottom