Sad news: Terry Pratchett has met Death

Bethany

Empress of Light
I'm sorry to report that Terry Pratchett, one of our times' best writers and a personal favorite of mine, has died. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's for years yet kept creating those wonderful tales of Discworld.

If you're already familiar with Mr. Pratchett's work — some of you have mentioned him in the thread on favorite books — I need not elaborate. If you haven't read his stories you owe it to yourself to visit a nearby library or bookstore and begin a journey that will have you laughing and crying from beginning to end.

From The Atlantic, where I read the news, here is a quotation from the man himself.

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”​

And from the comic strip Pogo, words of wisdom from Porky Pine to Pogo Possum:

“Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent.”​

Rest in peace, creator of worlds and binder of spells.

What!? NO!

Oh god..... why?

He was so amazing...
R.I.P Terry Pratchett.
wX45zvf.gif

It's always a sad day when a person who provides other people with the means to temporarily escape this harsh world dies. Double because he didn't reach that high an age.

But... his legacy will live on in the form of over 70 books that will most likely be printed and read for hundreds of years to come. :)

Thank you, sir Terence David John Pratchett. May you rest in peace. :)

Last edited:
Could someone enlighten me to a list of his books so I may read them? I've never heard of him.
Sure! Discworld series, Bromeliad trilogy, the Long Earth (w. Steven Baxter), Johnny and the Bomb/ Only you can save mankind.

It is very sad to see a great author pass.

@neoselket : What a wonderful memento! Word of warning: If you read "Where's My Cow?" to your child once, you'll have to read it every night. At least, that's what happened to Sam Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch.

@Axios : They're well worth looking into. You don't have to read them in order, which is good because there are a LOT of them.

Back
Top Bottom