Game Mechanics Sadness Debuff

CreativeBrain10

Spazmatism
This debuff will affect the player for 7 in-game days if they a NPC(town) dies within viewing distance of the player. What this debuff does is while it is active the player deals less damage, increased enemy spawn rates, decreased defenses and regeneration, and has a tear-like particle effect emanating from their face. Or maybe the debuff could last 5 days and each day has a different stage of grief but during these 5 days the aforementioned NPC could not respawn. Here is a list of these stages and what they do for you in order;
Denial would cause a phantom image of the dead NPC to float around the area it was last housed before it died that when clicked on would open a trade menu that when the player attempts to use it nothing happens.
Anger would cause the player to have a red aura emanating around them as well as cause them to be targeted by enemies more and have decreased accuracy and a high chance to miss attacks.
Bargaining would cause the player to have increased prices at any NPC merchant as well as decreased sell prices and would get less coins from enemies.
Depression would cause the player to have a slightly blurry screen and slowed movement.
The player would finally accept that the NPC is dead and there will be nothing wrong with the player anymore.

Too much reality, sorry, but, no support. Implementing a debuff that lasts for 5 days(120 mins, or 2 hours IRL) just ruins the game. I don't think death of an NPC should do all this mess...
Well maybe not 5 days maybe each stage is a 5th of the day and while yes it is kinda realistic I thought it would be kinda cool I mean at least the whole tear particles thing. Also about the realisticallity that you are referring too I only have one meme to justify this >:3
6iv7cxF.jpg

Sorry, but I'm still uninterested. May be a debuff called "Friendly Curse" that lasts for 10 mins and give players some random debuffs with increased effect would be better...

Sorry, but I'm still uninterested. May be a debuff called "Friendly Curse" that lasts for 10 mins and give players some random debuffs with increased effect would be better...
The only problem with that is that there's already a debuff that does exactly that I believe its feral bite... I forget but I know it's something bite or somewhere around those areas and I though a staged debuff rather than a random debuff would be cool and add a bit more to the game but hey I can't stop you from liking what you want to like and not liking what you don't want to like so I'll let your opinion be your opinion and mine be mine =D

Last edited:
Yea, where the heck will I do FMoon, god of NPC slayer now? It's more annoying than anything else.

No support, this game doesn't need to be realistic. (drink water while drowning restore HP is an example)

yes but i would rather like this as an debuff made when making a multiplayer and your friends leave the game xD

- Mobs to spawn quicker
- It would instantly start to rain
- Sad violin music would instantly start to play xD (+ new music box)

All these complicated mechanics just for a death of an NPC? NPC killings can be used to add some clever content to the game, such as the Peddler's Hat (when a Travelling Merchant dies) but I wouldn't enjoy a very complex debuff just for a death of something. It's just way too much reality, Terraria isn't a life simulator.

Plus 1:45 hours of debuff time just for this? Far too long for any buff or debuff.

No support.

Last edited:
All these complicated mechanics just for a death of an NPC? NPC killings can be used to add some clever content to the game, such as the Peddler's Hat (when a Travelling Merchant dies) but I wouldn't enjoy a very complex debuff just for a death of something. It's just way too much reality, Terraria isn't a life simulator.

Plus 1:45 hours of debuff time just for this? Far too long for any buff or debuff.

No support.
0 points to this suggestion!

7 days?
7?
WHYYYYY

thats right the nurse will clean my debuffs
But what if it was the Nurse who died?

Back
Top Bottom