Resolved Same character/world on different devices?

yar2084

Terrarian
Purchased the android app, been playing it on m phone and have got home and would like to continue on my tablet. I've backed my phone character and world to the cloud, but it doesn't appear on my tablet. Am I missing something, or are you just unable to migrate the character between the two devices?

Thanks in advance, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or is a pretty high question.

Yes, you should be able to access the same character/world on two different devices, as long as both devices are on the same version of Terraria, the same platform (for instance, you cannot see cloud saves between Android and iOS), and as long as you're signed into the same cloud account (same Google account, same iCloud account, etc).

When you say you backed up your phone character and world to the cloud, did you do that inside of the Terraria app (like this), or did you back it up to a computer?

I've heard tales of it not appearing properly before - it's happened to me too.
Go to your google drive - how many folders named Terraria are there?

Thanks for your replies.
@Unit One both devices are on android and are both using the version of the app available in the playstore. My character and world are listed in the cloud save on my phone, I've even just backed them up again just incase.

@darthmorf I don't have the Google drive app installed on any of my devices, I don't use it apart from when options like these appear.
[doublepost=1473004829,1473004656][/doublepost]@darthmorf my mistake, just looked I do have the app and there's two folders in there. Is it a drag and drop job?

You can also check on a computer if you have one.
You will need access to it for my solution to work.

I don't own a PC unfortunately, but I have access to my Google drive on my devices. I've deleted the second folder, so only have the one Terraria folder which contains my character and world back up.

A couple thoughts to try..
  • I'm only on iPad/iPhone - in order for me to see my cloud saves I needed to turn On iCloud in Settings on both devices then move the world to the cloud and then it showed up on the other device. Is there anything like that setting for Android devices?
  • Silly but sometimes it gets overlooked - make sure the phone and tablet are hooked up to the Internet and you're signed in to the same Google account.

• I'm only on iPad/iPhone - in order for me to see my cloud saves I needed to turn On iCloud in Settings on both devices then move the world to the cloud and then it showed up on the other device. Is there anything like that setting for Android devices?
  • Silly but sometimes it gets overlooked - make sure the phone and tablet are hooked up to the Internet and you're signed in to the same Google account.
You playin' on iOS? High five :)

Nothing like that as far as I can see or am aware off. I've deleted the app data for both devices, my mobile found the cloud save, the tablet did not. Apart from trying to shove the the cloud saves into the local folder, I do not know what else I can do. Is it worth dropping 505 a message?

Will certainly share anything I find out. One last thing, the tablet is rooted, but that shouldn't have an impact, right?

Rooting shouldn't matter - I'm rooted and it works fine. Although it hasn't worked for some, this fixed it for me:
Okay! Make a new folder named 'temp' and copy all files within the Terraria folders into it. Now delete all the folders named Terraria except the newest one (you can find the date created by doing right click > properties). Now move all files into the remaining Terraria folder from the temp folder, then delete the temp folder.
To be sure, wait 5-10 minutes (505 have said it can take a while for Terraria to sync with Google), then your saves should appear.

Ok, so I thought I'd make a cloud saved character on my tablet and see if it syncs with the phone and for whatever reason, the tablet had my cloud saves there. Could be I didn't wait long enough for it all to sync properly

Thanks again for your help guys,
@darthmorf if it go weird again, I shall certainly try what you suggested. One last thing, I'm guessing I'd have to make sure to cloud save when I'm done playing for the progress to sync between the two devices?

Thanks again for your help guys,
@darthmorf if it go weird again, I shall certainly try what you suggested. One last thing, I'm guessing I'd have to make sure to cloud save when I'm done playing for the progress to sync between the two devices?
I think that as long as you're playing from the cloud slot, it should overwrite the previous version, and sync.
To be safe, I'd keep a copy on both devices as local, and only move to cloud when you want to transfer data across devices.

Back
Top Bottom