Sammie's Builds

StargazerSammie

Empress of Light
Um hi? I'm Sammie (duh) and I have absolutely no idea how this all works :dryadconfused: Best way to learn is to do it so yeah, I'm attempting to make a post to show off the things I build. Some of it is based off others builds I've seen online and some of it is all me.

Might as well start with my very first one (and if none of these images work, I apologize. Like I said, I have no clue how any of this works. That I even found how to put in a spoiler is a miracle)
This is my first ever little build, I didn't know what I was doing so I started with a box and expanded from there. The underground springs and floaty dirt patches are natural, not manmade. I lost this one when I accidentally deleted the world. I kinda miss it and will probably end up recreating it sometime. This picture is actually the incomplete one, before losing it, I expanded the terrarium to the right and added a basement level. Afraid I can't find anything later
1House.png
Ah the treehouse. This was my first big build, inspired by one I saw in a video. I'm a sucker for all things treehouses so it had to be done. I actually still have this build and have worked on finishing it up but no longer really use it for my base of operations. I plan on updating it sometime after 1.3
1Treehouse.png
This hill was perfectly placed so I turned it into a hobbit house and made it a base of operations for that world. I still have this one as well and am looking into expanding it because underneath the hill is quite the expanse of caves :dryadhappy:
HobbitHouse.png

Now we get into my newer builds, most of which are one one central world. I like to refer to it as Grand Central Station.

The Pirate Ship, like the treehouse, is based on a build I saw online. This one a friend showed to me and so I set out to make my own ship. The lake its sitting in is also hand made. I learned that building with explosives can be INCREDIBLY fun :dryadgrin: This one I'm actually working on redoing for Khaios' contest. I don't think I'll win but its fun to try :dryadhappy:
PirateShip.png
This one is based off another build as well. I was mostly trying to replicate its balcony and weird ceiling shape. Plus Palm is like my favorite wood in the game so I won't pass up an excuse to use it. The Pirate Ship is moored next to it.
Lakehouse2.png
This one is actually located under the lakehouse, reached by a tunnel at the bottom of the lake. I was trying to find a way to incorporate the tunnel in a build and what better than a secret hideout? Despite my intense love of Sunplate and Skyware, this is actually my only build using those materials. I should remedy that
Sanctuary.png
This was a fun build to do. Next to the Lakehouse was a hill and I wanted some way to incorporate it into a build so I flattened it out and put a house on top! I'm planning some renovations once 1.3 comes out. The kitchen could use some sinks and granite might make better pillars. The clustered Attic space is actually considered proper housing, at least for NPCs.
PlantationManor.png
My main base on Grand Central Station, is this amazing tree Penthouse I did. I have this thing about incorporating existing features into builds and this tree literally sets between the Manor and the Poolhouse. So I built me a new treehouse :dryadgrin: Oh yeah, the teleporter here leads down to Sanctuary or to the right to a different build, listed down below
TreePenthouse.png
The Poolhouse, also known as Pool Party Central, is actually incomplete. Its missing something (other than the stairs) but I just don't know what. Hopefully it comes to me sometime. Also that bunny looks like its going for a swim. Oh and the fact that the pillars on the walk way don't like up annoys me to no end. I have GOT to fix that.
Poolhouse.png
This house I build on a different world for an adventure map and loved it so I imported it. And by imported it I mean I painstakingly rebuilt the thing on this world instead %:sigh:The Witch Doctor moved right in and made himself at home once it was done. But I moved into the Tree Penthouse so its all good.
StiltHouse.png
One of my absolute favorite builds thus far is this tower. Took a lot of dynasty wood. And its still not really done. Its supposed to have this scattered look to it but I don't think its cluttered enough. Plus its got a few errors like the teleporter doesn't work because it isn't placed right (it has to be lowered)
RapunzelTower.png
I wanted to do something to the dungeon so I turned it into a cafe! As you can see, there's no visible entrance into the dungeon anymore but thats easily fixed by flipping the switch on the wall, which opens a hidden passage down into its depths. Somehow a chunk of the walls went missing. I'm not quite sure when/how that happened but its been fixed since then.
DungeonCafe.png
I felt like building a lighthouse after checking out Khaois' builds. So I did :dryadsmile:
Lighthouse.png
I wanted to do a little temple in the jungle so I built it and then I destroyed it to make it look lost and condemned :dryadgrin: It was actually meant to be bigger but I thought smaller would be better. Its also not supposed to be lit but that was necessary for the screenshot
JungleTemple.png
Based off an OLD build I discovered (and by old I mean original Terraria), I decided to recreate it. I added some of my own things along the way and later expanded it downwards with a basement. It makes a great base for fighting Blood Moons and it even comes with a panic room. A flick of the switch turns on all the lights off and the red ones on and a second switch activates a timer to activate the King and Queen statues to teleport your NPCs to safety. I plan on redoing this one to be less copy, more original sometime.
RavenManor.png

And now for my grand finale (even though its not done yet), I present my biggest and greatest project so far.

Inspired by Khaios' Castle in the Clouds, I wanted to do a grand castle build. So I did a take on the castle of the beloved Princess Peach, which I had been wanting to do since my first Treehouse build (thus why there's seemingly random painted stone slab in it). Currently a Work in Progress, I won't be finishing it until after 1.3 since I want to use Granite for it. All the Mithril Brick will be painted pink and a village of Mushroom shaped houses will surround it. I learned during this build that you CAN paint stained glass, which was great for the window portraits. I'm currently doing the work both in game and with tEdit (which was damn helpful getting the shape of it)
PeachCastle.png

Made this for Khaios' build contest, its a flying pirate ship. This build tied for first! I'm so proud of it <3
FlyingDutchman.png

So yeah, those are my builds, at least the ones that are finished. I have a few ideas I either haven't finished or just haven't started yet.

Current Ideas include;

An Underground City
A bunch of Skylands
Cosmic Observatory
The Cloud Factory
Pirate Island/Fort
The Temple of the Blood Moon
A random Mine (I actually have no idea how minecart tracks work, this gives me a chance to learn)

You know, looking at that list, apparently I really like big builds. Big COMPLICATED builds. OH! Maybe I should build a space ship!

~ Sammie

Last edited:
These are incredible! I can't wait to see more! :)

Oh, and about the spaceship, *insert Benny quote* "SPACESHIP!!!"

Thank you :dryadhappy:

It seems like spaceships are the go to build for everyone. Probably cause they're all spacey and totally awesome. So I practically have to build one and I already have a good idea on how it'll look. Now to just get around to working on it.

Thank you :dryadhappy:

It seems like spaceships are the go to build for everyone. Probably cause they're all spacey and totally awesome. So I practically have to build one and I already have a good idea on how it'll look. Now to just get around to working on it.
I think it would be great if you had two spaceships mid-battle *insert another quote* "With authentic battle damage!!!"

Um, hi!
First off, I'd like to say, great job on your first build thread! Especially the spoilers (a lot of people don't use them in the beginning, and it's great that you did).
It's awesome that you posted some old builds, then new ones. I liked being able to see how much you've improved! And, holy cow you have a lot of builds going here! It's nice to see when people put a lot of work into their worlds. I'd also like to admit that your first build is far better than my first -.-

I really like how you enter the sanctuary. It's unfortunate that zombies sink to the bottom of the lake, and can still walk in, but the idea is great, regardless! My favorite build is the Plantation Manor, and specifically, I love the way you did the pillars. I may have to...erm...borrow that idea some day.

Peach's Castle is looking really good so far. I'm really glad that one of my builds was inspirational for you >.< I can't wait to see what the castle looks like when you're done :D

And, I agree with Brick Creeper. Spaceship! Granted, I only built one for a competition, but they're totally fun ^.^

And don't fret my ship competition! The point is to have fun. Also, don't count yourself out so soon! You never know :)

Um, hi!
First off, I'd like to say, great job on your first build thread! Especially the spoilers (a lot of people don't use them in the beginning, and it's great that you did).
It's awesome that you posted some old builds, then new ones. I liked being able to see how much you've improved! And, holy cow you have a lot of builds going here! It's nice to see when people put a lot of work into their worlds. I'd also like to admit that your first build is far better than my first -.-

I really like how you enter the sanctuary. It's unfortunate that zombies sink to the bottom of the lake, and can still walk in, but the idea is great, regardless! My favorite build is the Plantation Manor, and specifically, I love the way you did the pillars. I may have to...erm...borrow that idea some day.

Peach's Castle is looking really good so far. I'm really glad that one of my builds was inspirational for you >.< I can't wait to see what the castle looks like when you're done :D

And, I agree with Brick Creeper. Spaceship! Granted, I only built one for a competition, but they're totally fun ^.^

And don't fret my ship competition! The point is to have fun. Also, don't count yourself out so soon! You never know :)

Thank you! Its nice to hear from someone a bit (maybe an understatement) more experienced with using a forum that I'm doing great for a beginner c:

I've actually been building in the game for only about a year but I've always loved building things. And I've always had that eye for detail too, which tends to make for some pretty fancy and somewhat macgyvered builds XD

Since Sanctuary is built directly under the NPC Hub, it is actually subject to the protection they give so I haven't had any Zombies attempting a break in although there was an incident with a goldfish. He's now a pet for the Angler.

Feel free! I got the idea from someone else's build a long time ago and was like 'thats amazing!'. Its just one of those little tricks you pick up from the community like using a platform and living fire for fancy wall scones.

All your builds inspire me, some to different extends than others :dryadhappy: I kinda stalk your build thread and Flor3rence2456's builds as well since you guys do such amazing work.

I guess I'll be working on a spaceship after I complete the FLYING DUTCHMAN! (Yes, I totally named my entry to your contest the FLYING DUTCHMAN! and yes the caps and exclamation point are part of the title :dryadgrin:) I'm mostly entering the contest for the fun of the build. I just really like pirate ships!

*Snip* All your builds inspire me, some to different extends than others :dryadhappy: I kinda stalk your build thread and Flor3rence2456's builds as well since you guys do such amazing work.
I guess I'll be working on a spaceship after I complete the FLYING DUTCHMAN! (Yes, I totally named my entry to your contest the FLYING DUTCHMAN! and yes the caps and exclamation point are part of the title :dryadgrin:) I'm mostly entering the contest for the fun of the build. I just really like pirate ships!

My barge of the dead is inspired by the Flying Dutchman!
Flying_Dutchman.jpg

Fun title ^.^ Also, I'm not sure if I should be creeped out or honored that I have a stalker in my build thread. I'm going to go with....yes? It's good that you stalk Flor3nce2456 too. He's got some fantastic stuff.
I look forward to seeing the "FLYING DUTCHMAN!" in the build competition :D

My barge of the dead is inspired by the Flying Dutchman!
Flying_Dutchman.jpg

Fun title ^.^ Also, I'm not sure if I should be creeped out or honored that I have a stalker in my build thread. I'm going to go with....yes? It's good that you stalk Flor3nce2456 too. He's got some fantastic stuff.
I look forward to seeing the "FLYING DUTCHMAN!" in the build competition :D
I didn't mean to stalk, I was still trying to figure everything out at the time so I mostly watched and learned c:

I love the fact that you actually said "FLYING DUTCHMAN!" XD That completely made my night. Mine unfortunately won't be quite that creepy awesome looking, its mostly called that because it literally flies. It also floats in case of emergencies.

Working on the Temple of the Blood Moon build. Just learned the hard way that Lihzahrd Bricks/Walls used on a build apparently turn that building into an actual Jungle Temple. Which means I have a few unwelcome visitors out for my blood

1.png

While I did intend it to be a battle playground/Adventure Area/Golem Arena when complete, I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. I'll have to go fetch Raven's Raven Staff to continue work.

In the meantime, its actually a pretty good source of money, mostly silver. I'll have to go fetch her piggy bank too.

I have a bad habit of starting a bunch of builds and working on them all sporadically as the mood hits me. So I stopped the Blood Moon Temple for a bit to start this next one.

1.png

Lots of Gemspark blocks since they gave the best texture. May change over the gray brick to offline diamond blocks. Better yet, I should experiment with paints!

I have a bad habit of starting a bunch of builds and working on them all sporadically as the mood hits me. So I stopped the Blood Moon Temple for a bit to start this next one.

View attachment 57740

Lots of Gemspark blocks since they gave the best texture. May change over the gray brick to offline diamond blocks. Better yet, I should experiment with paints!

Don't worry, Sammie, I have the same tenancies. I'll work on one build until I hit a sort of "writer's block," then move onto one of the several others I have started. It's part of the reason why I'm a slow builder, minus me not having a lot of spare time. ^.^

So as the Queen of Build Procrastinating, I moved on to another new project. This one is pretty big, something I've wanted to do for a while. A pretty fancy castle, white and beautiful and lots of water and fountains. The perfect new base for me to experience 1.3 from.

It started out simple enough. I got the entrance towers done and started working on the first water feature. Computer crashed, lost everything.

I'm like 'okay, its fine, I can rebuild, we're cool'.

Rebuild entrance, finish water feature, start work on grand bridge over amazing lake. Amazingly somehow it does it again. But I thought to exit out and save the world before moving on to the bridge so I'm good, the towers are still in place. I decide to take a break, let the laptop rest since maybe its just overheating.

Go to work on it today. Somehow the World Data is corrupted. I got it restored via the backup but any trace of that castle is now officially gone.

Guys, I think my castle is haunted D:

So as the Queen of Build Procrastinating, I moved on to another new project. This one is pretty big, something I've wanted to do for a while. A pretty fancy castle, white and beautiful and lots of water and fountains. The perfect new base for me to experience 1.3 from.

It started out simple enough. I got the entrance towers done and started working on the first water feature. Computer crashed, lost everything.

I'm like 'okay, its fine, I can rebuild, we're cool'.

Rebuild entrance, finish water feature, start work on grand bridge over amazing lake. Amazingly somehow it does it again. But I thought to exit out and save the world before moving on to the bridge so I'm good, the towers are still in place. I decide to take a break, let the laptop rest since maybe its just overheating.

Go to work on it today. Somehow the World Data is corrupted. I got it restored via the backup but any trace of that castle is now officially gone.

Guys, I think my castle is haunted D:

That sounds like horribly rotten luck! Are you using any mods? If so, you may need to check that they're up to date, or possibly remove them. Reinstalling Terraria might also prevent this issue from occurring in the future. I hope you're able to get the castle started without losing everything this time!!! D:

That sounds like horribly rotten luck! Are you using any mods? If so, you may need to check that they're up to date, or possibly remove them. Reinstalling Terraria might also prevent this issue from occurring in the future. I hope you're able to get the castle started without losing everything this time!!! D:
All I have is tEdit but I haven't used it with this build

The castle is still giving me issues. I've reached a point where I actually may have to pass it off to someone else to see it done. Because no matter what I do, the world could be flat as a pancake and the castle the only thing on it. The moment I exit out, its gone. AND ITS ONLY THE CASTLE! I started work on a laboratory and a pixel art project shortly after the first Castle Break and they're just fine and I'm even using strictly tEdit for the pixel art project (mostly because some of the blocks needed for the color tones are unobtainable). WHY IT IT ONLY THE CASTLE?!

*deep calming breaths, Sammie, it will be okay* (or so I keep telling myself)

This is what I was going for with it:

CastleBlueprint.png

Pixels are my thing so I pixeled it out instead of drawing with each pixel = 1 block or something to that effect. It was supposed to be grand and white with tons of flowing water features. Now its just becoming a pain in the :red:.

Likelihood of getting it completed before 1.3: Slim to none
Likelihood I'm going to break because of it: Extremely High

;.; Castle, I love you, so why won't you work with me?!

Also previews of the other two things mentioned

If you can guess the character, I'll give you a virtual cookie
1.png
I should probably mention I went to see Jurassic World this weekend and that totally has nothing to do with this build. Honest.
1.png
1.png

I've got a lot of painting ahead of me for The Lab. Credits to Flor3nce2456 for inspiring the Lab (and the idea of using painted boreal wood for its background) and Sercease for inspiring the Drill and the other half of the lab's concept. Maybe I'll work on it some more later and give you guys a peek at its seedy underbelly. You won't believe what they're doing there, those insane bastards.

(Wait wait, so :red: is censored but bastard is not? *takes notes*)

Hi! I'm not 100% confident at building Castles so I *might* not be able to help you with that. It's been a while since I've tried to build a castle.

That said, if it's a water temple you want, a water temple I can make. (This is in light of a botched fire temple build).
We'll see.

Either way, YOU CAN DO IT.
The drill certainly looks kinda interesting.

Hi! I'm not 100% confident at building Castles so I *might* not be able to help you with that. It's been a while since I've tried to build a castle.

That said, if it's a water temple you want, a water temple I can make. (This is in light of a botched fire temple build).
We'll see.

Either way, YOU CAN DO IT.
The drill certainly looks kinda interesting.
Ooooh, you should totally build a water temple! I like fire and all but something about the flowing water in Terraria just makes me calm and happy so thats why I wanted to incorporate a lot of it in my personal base build. And I think I remember the failed Fire Temple you were building. I still kinda hope one day you'll finish it, it looked awesome.

I hope I can too! I'll keep trying, there has to be some way to get the thing done. They always say third time is the charm.... oh wait, won't this be my fourth attempt :dryadeek:

And thank you c: Likely not very realistic but I was going for form over function here. I'd have to make the lab much much bigger to make it look functioning too.... but now that I think on it, maybe I will.

Back
Top Bottom