Game Mechanics Sandbox/Creative mode

Llama Legate

Terrarian
I would like to have some sort of mode where you can have any item, fly infinitely, and have infinite health. This would be helpful for custom map makers and pixel artists, so they wouldn't have to worry about resources.

I don't know shouldn't we have this .. Support , Some people just say that is not suitable for terraria n stuff , and i say it would just make it easier to make custom maps without the use of out-game editor or mods.

Terraria is more of an adventure game and is focused on exploring, combat etc. I think that creative mode wouldn't really fit in and would just make it far easier for people to cheat items in, which sort of drains the fun out of a game like this. Map making is only a small part of the community and I think that most of them are fine with the inventory/map editors already out there.
I imagine that it would somehow be locked to the world. Obviously they wouldn't just add a feature that lets you have any item you want.

Having a type of creative mode in Terraria would be good to make things easier for the players who mainly just want to build creations. As long as the Creative Worlds and Characters are completely isolated from the normal game, and prevent the players from switching game modes manually. It could be done by giving a different player/world file type to creative versions that can't be changed to the normal one.

While it is true that there are map editors and mods that allow this type of thing, it would be a whole lot better to have it as an official ingame feature.

I think the gameki mod is good enough for this. I like Terraria for the difficulty of building and the such.
Plus, if it would called creative mode, I don't want any more :red: from people who like minecraft.

More old threads! I like this idea, and think as long as we can't have the creative characters mix with the normal characters AT ALL this could be great.

I imagine that it would somehow be locked to the world. Obviously they wouldn't just add a feature that lets you have any item you want.

Having a type of creative mode in Terraria would be good to make things easier for the players who mainly just want to build creations. As long as the Creative Worlds and Characters are completely isolated from the normal game, and prevent the players from switching game modes manually. It could be done by giving a different player/world file type to creative versions that can't be changed to the normal one.

While it is true that there are map editors and mods that allow this type of thing, it would be a whole lot better to have it as an official ingame feature.

More old threads! I like this idea, and think as long as we can't have the creative characters mix with the normal characters AT ALL this could be great.
Yep. I wouldn't mind having a sort of "creative" character that can only go on "creative" worlds. I don't want to have to download mods, though, so I support this idea.

Back
Top Bottom