Video Sandgun vs Destroyer - "This is a Good Idea."

Hi All,
I hope you'll take a gander at my latest Terraria video, wherein I take on the Destroyer with the Sandgun.

A few days ago, I was looking at the stats on the Sandgun, and thought "that doesn't look too bad." I was wrong, of course, because ammunition plays a huge role in gun DPS, making the Sandgun about as good as a Clockwork Assault Rifle firing Silver Bullets.

While I hoped to uncover a new pre-mech weapon for fighting the Destroyer, what I ended up with was an education in just how underpowered the Sandgun is. If you want an easy way to beat the Destroyer, use an Adamantite/Titanium Repeater and Jester Arrows. Learn from my silliness.

Enjoy!

If you liked this video, I have another video where I fought Fishron in Angler Armor, an ongoing 1.2.4.1 Let's Play, and plans to record a brand new series for 1.3. Thanks for watching!

-----
Edit: As Skeltron's Keeper pointed out, this gun is available... pretty much as soon as you get the Arms Dealer, if you have the money and the materials. So, maybe it's more fair to compare this gun to the Minishark than the Megashark.

Ah well, maybe I judged the Sandgun too harshly, but it still didn't live up to my hopes.

Last edited:
But you get it prehardmode...

The Sandgun? It takes illegal gun parts, which... oh, huh. You're right.

I've always bought them for the Megashark or the Flamethrower. You know, I even skimmed the Illegal Gun Parts wiki page before making this video, and I didn't catch that. I'm pretty sure I've even bought these pre-hardmode before, but somehow I got it in my head that IGP was a hardmode material.

Good catch, I'll edit that into the video description.

But you get it prehardmode...
Not to mention you can get it before fighting any bosses...
Edit: So that means he could do sand gun versus the eye of cthulu or king slime.
Edit 2: You should have used pearl/crim/ebon sand. Those sands pierce.

Last edited:
Came to see this video from TheLinXx's 1.3 Countdown thread where it was featured. Very fun to watch.

I have awful memories of the sandgun. As a new player I saved up for ages to buy those illegal gun parts and make the super cool and powerful sandgun. Strutted over to the dungeon to battle Skeletron for the first time (no, not even Skelly Prime, just the poor clothier version) and proceeded to inadvertently bury myself in sand while trying to fight him. It was horrifyingly disappointing. I was bereft. And poor. So much effort to make that precious sandgun and it was all for nothing. :merchantcry:

I love that you were trying to lift it up from the bottom of the useless weapons barrel. And so sad that it ended up disappointing you as well. I was hoping you'd redeem it by showing us its uses. Ah well.

Great video though. I look forward to watching your other vids as well.

ironically sand actually have a base damege of 20 if you get hit by them falling naturally, but the item sand have less than 0 damage.

Back
Top Bottom