Sandstorms are way too rare.

Multirate

Terrarian
Ive been camping in desert for almost 4 hours irl and no sandstorms. How much exactly was the chance of one occurring reduced?

RNG. :)

A Sandstorm has a 1 in 518,400 chance of occurring per game tick (there are 60 ticks per real-world second). Therefore, approximately, there is a 1/8640 chance of one happening every second, and a 2/13 chance of one happening every in-game day.

Edit: Try build a little house, shove in a bed in there, and sleep through the days. Might speed up your chance of getting one. :)

Yeah this is making the Beastiary take forever. You'll never see Sand Sharks because of this rarity. I wonder if it was intended to have them be as rare as they are. You will need 4 different deserts in your world at some point.

@Multirate Lucky for u, Im sick and im home all day so I can afk any time, and I started afking 2weeks ago with my summons out and there werent a single sandstorm in the previous weeks. I even read that if the wind is above 30 a sandstorm will accour but that is bull:red:.

@Multirate Lucky for u, Im sick and im home all day so I can afk any time, and I started afking 2weeks ago with my summons out and there werent a single sandstorm in the previous weeks. I even read that if the wind is above 30 a sandstorm will accour but that is bull:red:.
It won’t occur 100% it just has a higher chance of occurring, and in hardmode sandstorms seem to be more common i think

Back
Top Bottom