tModLoader Saschahis NPC Control Mod

Saschahi

Terrarian
NPC Control

Welcome to my first Mod!

NPC Control has 3 Main features:

1. Prevent any type of NPC from Spawning
- Don't like Angry Trappers? Just disable them.
- Don't want your players on a dedicated server from starting hardmode? Disable the wall of flesh

2. Make any type of NPC invincible
- Don't want your Town-NPCs dying because you spawned a boss too close to home? just add them onto the list of invincible NPCs!
- Don't want to ever kill a bunny by accident ever again? Here's your solution

And there are even more usecases!

And the last Feature:

3. It's completely compatible with HEROsMod!
- We're adding our own permission into HEROsMods Group system so you can choose who can add/remove things from the 2 lists!

Here's how you do it:

1. Go to settings
uAQPrSi.png

2. Click on Mod Configuration
JFO6KtP.png

3. Click on NPC Control: NPCConfig
sZpLnJN.png

4. Fill the lists with the NPCs by clicking on the + to add an NPC and on the trashcan to delete it again
WiECOvV.png

5. Click on Save Config and you're done!

Known bugs:
- The Game WILL CRASH if you try to open Mod Configs when a mod-NPC is in one of both lists BUT THE MOD THAT ADDS THE NPC IS DISABLED FIXED
- Glitch that allows you to make normally invincible NPCs killable FIXED
- Incompatible with tModLoader 0.6.11.2 FIXED

Download:
- Tmodloaders Modbrowser

Source Code:
- saschahi/NPCControl

Questions/Bugreports?
- Discord

Last edited:
yeah, catching critters doesn't damage them, so they're not affected by my mod.
misunderstood your question at first

Looks incredible! Three questions mainly in regards to the 'disable' feature:

1. If I'm understanding correctly, disabled NPCs will not appear or be heard dying whatsoever in this mod? This would be unlike in Hero's/Cheat Sheet mods where "disabled" NPCs still appear on the side of the screen and immediately explode/die. It would be great if NPCs are *truly* disabled by this mod, as in the other 2 it's more superficial.

2. Will disabled NPCs from this mod have any impact on other potential spawns? In other words, again comparing to Hero's and Cheat Sheet mods, disabled NPCs would still technically appear for a moment, and thus still took a spot from other NPCs from spawning despite being "disabled". So if the answer to the above question is "yes", I'd assume the answer here is "no".

3. While Hero's mod is mentioned in the OP, is this also compatible with Cheat Sheet? I use both of them together for the record.

Last edited:
1. Yes they still appear and get poofed away. I'm working on changing the mod to use the spawnchances instead of "brute-forcing" my way through. There's a beta build for that right now but that doesn't work with some bosses and a few mobs.

2. Yes, they still take a spot. But it shouldn't be noticable to the average player. Like I said I'm working on it.

3. I only integrated HEROsMod Permission system. their "disable enemies" function works regardless of whatever you configured in my mod. I don't use cheat sheet myself so I don't know how my mod impacts into cheat sheet.

Hi, love the mods, but I'm having problems with Item Control. I've set filters for all the Thorium Leaves (Leaf, Chilled Leaf, Tropical Leaf, etc) hoping they would stop dropping every time I chop down a tree, but sadly the leaves are still dropping.

🍻

@Demariosphere
1. Sorry I took so long to reply
2. Overlap? most likely. Crash? most likely not. I can't look at the other mods sourcecode since he didn't put a link to his github.
I already made some failsafes in my mod incase other mods are tinkering with NPCs too.

Hi, love the mods, but I'm having problems with Item Control. I've set filters for all the Thorium Leaves (Leaf, Chilled Leaf, Tropical Leaf, etc) hoping they would stop dropping every time I chop down a tree, but sadly the leaves are still dropping.

🍻
Sorry it took so long to reply
for my Item Controll mod: Items are only checked inside the inventory/armour slots/mouse slot of the player. they'll get deleted once you actually pick them up. but "dropped" items won't get checked

Back
Top Bottom