Mobile Save bug

Chris T

Terrarian
My world sometimes doesn’t usually save properly when I do things in my world. For example: I defeated the last pillar and fought the moonlord but lost, later on I went back inside that world and headed straight for the ocean. After trying to look for a Martian probe I headed back to my base and didn’t even notice that the last pillar is back, so basically I fought the moonlord twice and got twice the amount of loot from that last pillar. I just hope this doesn’t corrupt my world, my expert world got corrupted for some reason.

Also I want to note the bubble block loses the liquid it is holding inside when you go back inside that world, so every time I go back in I always have to refill the bubble and the water usually ends up in my base( the bubble is on top of the entrance to my underground base).

Worlds only save properly when you save and exit to the menu - if you swipe the app closed while a world is still open, it can result in things like this.
Can you confirm whether you have been exiting the game properly?

My world sometimes doesn’t usually save properly when I do things in my world. For example: I defeated the last pillar and fought the moonlord but lost, later on I went back inside that world and headed straight for the ocean. After trying to look for a Martian probe I headed back to my base and didn’t even notice that the last pillar is back, so basically I fought the moonlord twice and got twice the amount of loot from that last pillar. I just hope this doesn’t corrupt my world, my expert world got corrupted for some reason.

Also I want to note the bubble block loses the liquid it is holding inside when you go back inside that world, so every time I go back in I always have to refill the bubble and the water usually ends up in my base( the bubble is on top of the entrance to my underground base).
Hi @Chris T, like darth mentioned you need to go back to the main menu each time you want to quit out of the game to properly save the game.

For your bubble block issue... are you placing liquid inside of bubble blocks like this image below? Or are you placing one block of bubble block and placing liquid on top of that one block?
index.php

image swiped from Lein

Worlds only save properly when you save and exit to the menu - if you swipe the app closed while a world is still open, it can result in things like this.
Hi,i am having the same problem.It doesnt save at all(it was saving at the start and then for some reason it just didnt save).I was mining and i closed terraria,i went to options and then to main menu,when i got back to terraria i was at spawn (near the house i built) without the loot i got from mining and exploring.After that i was putting some torches around the base and i quit the game like i did last time.When i got back to terraria i was again at spawn and there were no torches placed.The game doesnt save for some reason.Please help,thanks.

i actually had the same thing as well. i just beated wall of flesh and i destroyed altars but it didnt say the world was blessed. when i rejoined, everything was pre hardmode. i couldnt even destroy the altars as well. pls fix this bug :(

i actually had the same thing as well. i just beated wall of flesh and i destroyed altars but it didnt say the world was blessed. when i rejoined, everything was pre hardmode. i couldnt even destroy the altars as well. pls fix this bug :(
Hi @d0md0r, your issue is a completely different one, I think (unless the other posters here are also talking about the game not saving specifically after a Wall of Flesh kill).

Your issue is not a bug. The game's process for turning the world into hardmode can take several minutes. If you kill the Wall of Flesh and exit the game before you receive the "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", then the game will show you a screen displaying "Setting hard mode". If you close the app while that is happening or force the game to go to the main menu then hard mode won't be finished and your world will still be pre-hardmode. You'll need to kill the Wall of Flesh again.

Here's what you should do:
Kill Wall of Flesh. Wait for the game to say "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released". This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the world size. THEN you can use the pwnhammer on the altars to get hardmode ore.

If you don't wait for the "ancient spirits" message and exit. Then on the screen that says "Setting hard mode" wait on that screen until it finishes. It will go back to the main menu by itself, but you must give it time. Again, it may take up to 5 minutes.

If you exited the game before the message, and exited the app/screen before the "setting hard mode" finished, then you'll have to defeat Wall of Flesh again.

Hi @d0md0r, your issue is a completely different one, I think (unless the other posters here are also talking about the game not saving specifically after a Wall of Flesh kill).

Your issue is not a bug. The game's process for turning the world into hardmode can take several minutes. If you kill the Wall of Flesh and exit the game before you receive the "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", then the game will show you a screen displaying "Setting hard mode". If you close the app while that is happening or force the game to go to the main menu then hard mode won't be finished and your world will still be pre-hardmode. You'll need to kill the Wall of Flesh again.

Here's what you should do:
Kill Wall of Flesh. Wait for the game to say "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released". This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the world size. THEN you can use the pwnhammer on the altars to get hardmode ore.

If you don't wait for the "ancient spirits" message and exit. Then on the screen that says "Setting hard mode" wait on that screen until it finishes. It will go back to the main menu by itself, but you must give it time. Again, it may take up to 5 minutes.

If you exited the game before the message, and exited the app/screen before the "setting hard mode" finished, then you'll have to defeat Wall of Flesh again.
What about us that are having a bug that doesnt save anything?I am talking about a new created world that i have played like a 15 minutes.Whatever i do,next time i join the world i am playing the old save.

What about us that are having a bug that doesnt save anything?I am talking about a new created world that i have played like a 15 minutes.Whatever i do,next time i join the world i am playing the old save.
How are you trying to save the game? Can you describe exactly which buttons you’re using when you quit out of the game?

How are you trying to save the game? Can you describe exactly which buttons you’re using when you quit out of the game?
Well,i go to the menu and i press ,,main menu,, i wait for a while to save and everything.And then when i am at the main menu i just close the game.When i enter the game later,it didnt save even tho there was ,,saving the world(or something like that) loading screen when i was going to the main menu.I have the last version of the game.

Well,i go to the menu and i press ,,main menu,, i wait for a while to save and everything.And then when i am at the main menu i just close the game.When i enter the game later,it didnt save even tho there was ,,saving the world(or something like that) loading screen when i was going to the main menu.I have the last version of the game.
It sounds like you’re saving the proper way. Is there any problems with your phone in terms of how much storage space you have left? Or do you have any file saver app programs that are set up to minimize files?

If you could get a video of it happening - showing you going into a world, making changes to the world (placing blocks or digging a hole, etc), then properly saving the game, and going back into the world showing the progress was not saved, that would help a lot, and it may give the developers somewhere to start.

If you wanted, you can upload your world here and I can see if it works for me. Here’s where you can find your world files. Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
Android - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
iOS - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds

Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

It sounds like you’re saving the proper way. Is there any problems with your phone in terms of how much storage space you have left? Or do you have any file saver app programs that are set up to minimize files?

If you could get a video of it happening - showing you going into a world, making changes to the world (placing blocks or digging a hole, etc), then properly saving the game, and going back into the world showing the progress was not saved, that would help a lot, and it may give the developers somewhere to start.

If you wanted, you can upload your world here and I can see if it works for me. Here’s where you can find your world files. Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
Android - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
iOS - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds

Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.
Okay,so...I created a new world and did all that once again,i built a house and then i was mining,when i was mining i was like lets see if save is working now and i saved it,when i came back i had my items from mining but i wasnt at the mine anymore,i was at the place where u was spawned when i created a world.So is that what a game is supposed to do or is it a bug?I tried it again and no metter where i am,next time i come in a game ill be spawned (teleported)at my first spawn.I am new at terraria so i dont know..It kinda sounds stupid cuz when i am in danger i can just save and get back to the spawn(tp to spawn).

Okay,so...I created a new world and did all that once again,i built a house and then i was mining,when i was mining i was like lets see if save is working now and i saved it,when i came back i had my items from mining but i wasnt at the mine anymore,i was at the place where u was spawned when i created a world.So is that what a game is supposed to do or is it a bug?I tried it again and no metter where i am,next time i come in a game ill be spawned (teleported)at my first spawn.I am new at terraria so i dont know..It kinda sounds stupid cuz when i am in danger i can just save and get back to the spawn(tp to spawn).
Yes, that is intended. When you come back into the game you’ll spawn in at your original spot when you created the world.

You can create a different spawn point if you’d like. You can craft a bed, place the bed in a valid house (with blocks, back walls, light source), then tap the bed and you’ll see a message displayed “spawn point set”. Every time you spawn in the game you’ll spawn in at your bed instead of the world’s original natural spawn spot. You can tap the bed again and see a message “spawn point removed” if you ever want to remove the bed spawn point.

Are you still experiencing the game not saving? If so, in your device settings, are you able to remove permissions for Terraria, or is it grayed out?

Back
Top Bottom