Save-Crash solution

13pokerus

Skeletron Prime
Following a tip from forum user "emanckin" I succesfully have been playing for consecutively 5-6 hours without any crashes.
All I had to do was to turn off the in-game music and turn off the auto save feature.
I have been playing and occasionally saving without those awful crashes that came on the vita with update 1.07. Sure having disabled the music will probably be quite a hassle for most of you but it's still a better solution than not playing at all for fear of the crashes.
It's just a temporary solution just to wait until the devs could fix the main problem, heck it may even be a way for them to fix it even faster since now we know that the problem could be linked to how the music reacts to the game while saving.
Hope the mods could see this and help me tell it to the masses.
Happy gaming everyone.

Following a tip from forum user "emanckin" I succesfully have been playing for consecutively 5-6 hours without any crashes.
All I had to do was to turn off the in-game music and turn off the auto save feature.
I have been playing and occasionally saving without those awful crashes that came on the vita with update 1.07. Sure having disabled the music will probably be quite a hassle for most of you but it's still a better solution than not playing at all for fear of the crashes.
It's just a temporary solution just to wait until the devs could fix the main problem, heck it may even be a way for them to fix it even faster since now we know that the problem could be linked to how the music reacts to the game while saving.
Hope the mods could see this and help me tell it to the masses.
Happy gaming everyone.
That is amazing that doing those two things helped you so much. I don't have the Vita version, but from reading posts I understand it has been having crashing issues. For you, did it crash a little bit or a lot before making these changes? Just curious.

That is amazing that doing those two things helped you so much. I don't have the Vita version, but from reading posts I understand it has been having crashing issues. For you, did it crash a little bit or a lot before making these changes? Just curious.

It seemed pretty consistent, after 2-3 autosaves the next time it autosaved it crashed in the middle of it. Even after turning autosave off, the first time i saved after playing for half an hour it would unmistakably crash, so it was definitely tied to the saving feature

i have just been keeping all sound muted and autosave off and i have NEVER crashed and i usualy only save when i exit the game (also i keep back touch off

Back
Top Bottom