Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
The jungle is actually a great biome to live in as long as you get your npcs to stop monsters from spawning pre-hardmode. You'd have slimes right nearby and free wood all day long, without ever having to worry about planting acorns

The chlorophyte thing sounds pretty cool, not what I was expecting, but I could still be pretty useful. I'm curious as to how far it's influence is though...

when in 1.3, chlorophyte ores can used for saving jungle and spreads around, this useful, if you playing in 1.3 and you have extra chlorophyte ores.

why with a suggestion like merged jungle did they go with adding a cancer mechanic to chlorophyte?
[DOUBLEPOST=2134234,431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't tempt Red the developers into turning the Jungle into some spreading biome after Plantera!
i blame you

Last edited:
You guys seem to forget that outside the Jungle, the underground is made of 95% Stone. Chlorophyte just basically undoes damage underground where it grows naturally and halts spread near the surface where it doesn't.
I'm not worried about that, I just think it would have been far better to have the jungle combine with the spreading biomes.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but maybe the jungle and crimson / corruption can have a cross-biome fight. For example the Jungle mobs will go and attack the corrupt / crimson mobs vice versa. You can choose a side and help what you want to save. Also maybe the biomes can merge and have new enemies items and loot. Corpse flower (corruption) plantera or rafflesia (crimson) plantera anyone?

I certainly want the Jungle to be immune to being Corrupted/Crimsoned. A Crimson biome spawned making contact with my Jungle. And now in Hardmode, it's getting taken over. It's really becoming an issue, because if I build a giant blockade straight down, it will cut off a large portion of my Jungle :/

I certainly want the Jungle to be immune to being Corrupted/Crimsoned. A Crimson biome spawned making contact with my Jungle. And now in Hardmode, it's getting taken over. It's really becoming an issue, because if I build a giant blockade straight down, it will cut off a large portion of my Jungle :/
Same here, my first Expert world spawned with a corruption biome on top of the jungle. I still want cross biomes though, since then the corruption wouldn't be able to do any real damage and I could easily undo it once I got a clentaminator if I wanted. Who knows though, maybe the chlorophyte thing with actually help out.

Same here, my first Expert world spawned with a corruption biome on top of the jungle. I still want cross biomes though, since then the corruption wouldn't be able to do any real damage and I could easily undo it once I got a clentaminator if I wanted. Who knows though, maybe the chlorophyte thing with actually help out.

I don't understand why Corruption/Crimson can change Mud into Dirt anyway, it doesn't really make much sense. Not in the logical way, but in the way that it's just strange as to why it's a feature.

I bombed a huge hole all the way to the Underworld to cut the rest of the Jungle off, but the portion I left will be mostly Crimsoned in time... which really sucks, because that's where my Temple is. Right on the edge of the Jungle where the Crimson is.

I don't understand why Corruption/Crimson can change Mud into Dirt anyway, it doesn't really make much sense. Not in the logical way, but in the way that it's just strange as to why it's a feature.
I never really understood it either. At first I thought it might have been their way of showing that the corruption is evil by letting it kill nature, while not really loosing anything since at the time the jungle was useless in hardmode. Then when the jungle became extremely useful in hardmode with 1.2, I thought they just forgot to change how it interacts with the spreading biomes. Here we are though, with 1.3 and it's still the same, just with a strange chlorophyte mechanic intended to undo the damage...

I never really understood it either. At first I thought it might have been their way of showing that the corruption is evil by letting it kill nature, while not really loosing anything since at the time the jungle was useless in hardmode. Then when the jungle became extremely useful in hardmode with 1.2, I thought they just forgot to change how it interacts with the spreading biomes. Here we are though, with 1.3 and it's still the same, just with a strange chlorophyte mechanic intended to undo the damage...

Chlorophyte mechanic? Well, after looking it up, it seems like a step in the right direction. But it doesn't seem like enough.

In honour of rwm8558, the jungle is the worst place ever, no one likes the jungle, if you do, you're playing the game wrong!

Back
Top Bottom