Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Support. A corrupted/crimsoned jungle would be cool, but just protection would also be nice. Mushroom Biomes should also be immune/have cool converted modes

Support. A corrupted/crimsoned jungle would be cool, but just protection would also be nice. Mushroom Biomes should also be immune/have cool converted modes
Mushroom biomes are already immune, and although it would be cool to have a hallow or corrupt mushroom biome, I don't think that will happen because there isn't enough natural mushroom biomes

Last edited:
Yeah... I'd really like the jungle to be immune to corruption/crimson. In my current world, my jungle was generated with a crimson biome bordering both sides of it... It's only a matter of time before it's all gone. :(

Mushroom biomes are already immune, and although it would be cool to have a hallow or corrupt mushroom biome, I don't think that will happen because there isn't enough natural mushroom biomes
Wow, I didn't know that... But I can easily imagine corrupted mushrooms) Not only color, they can also change their top hat...

Speaking of jungle, I agree it's important biome, and must be at least protected. And I also very like this post:
If any biome should be eating the world alive it should be the Jungle itself. Making the Jungle immune to being consumed is a mere compromise.
It would be cool to have only jungle/mushroom world :) But spreading biomes is not very favored, so for this means we need another solution... Yeah, solution. Something like "RosyBrown solution" to turn dirt into mud, and "Lime solution" for spreading jungle..

About fusing: I can imagine Plantera and it(her?) bulbs with alternate colors... And maybe in second forms little additions, like eyes for Corrupted Plantera, fleshy things for Crimson and... well... Hallow Plantera with rainbow trail behind it! Wheeee! :dryadeek:

add dark and light jungle mobs like hornets, man eaters, etc. don't forget different plants like dark life fruit (negates the effect of cursed) and adds 10 health for each, light life fruit gives immunity to cursed, blinded, slow, and confused

fusing them would make a total change to HM dungeon too. adding new HM dungeon mobs

I'd rather the jungle not become a corrupt version of itself, it gets pretty tiring to see red or purple backgrounds everywhere you go.

However, I also wouldn't like it if the jungle became invincible. Managing the spread of the corruption is an important part of the gameplay and challenge, especially in hardmode. It's already easy enough to block off the corruption from the jungle using hallow or mushroom biomes to guard it.

The biggest problem in my opinion isn't the corruption destroying the jungle. The problem is that mud blocks get converted to dirt blocks, which PERMANENTLY damages it, since dirt blocks aren't converted by the clentaminator into jungle. This could be easily remedied by creating ebonmud and crimud. Simply corruption that can be converted back into jungle at a later date.

I'd rather the jungle not become a corrupt version of itself, it gets pretty tiring to see red or purple backgrounds everywhere you go.

However, I also wouldn't like it if the jungle became invincible. Managing the spread of the corruption is an important part of the gameplay and challenge, especially in hardmode. It's already easy enough to block off the corruption from the jungle using hallow or mushroom biomes to guard it.

The biggest problem in my opinion isn't the corruption destroying the jungle. The problem is that mud blocks get converted to dirt blocks, which PERMANENTLY damages it, since dirt blocks aren't converted by the clentaminator into jungle. This could be easily remedied by creating ebonmud and crimud. Simply corruption that can be converted back into jungle at a later date.
o_O
um... I don't quite understand how your solution is better... can you explain what happens to the jungle if it gets corrupt?

o_O
um... I don't quite understand how your solution is better... can you explain what happens to the jungle if it gets corrupt?

Right now the way it works, jungle grass on a mud block gets turned into a dirt block with corrupt grass on top. Dirt blocks can't have jungle grass on it, so the jungle can't be brought back using the clentaminator. Having a corrupt variant of mud would allow that mud to get turned back into jungle grass using the clentaminator.

There wouldn't be a corrupt jungle variant, just normal corruption biome but comprised of primarily corrupt mud.

Right now the way it works, jungle grass on a mud block gets turned into a dirt block with corrupt grass on top. Dirt blocks can't have jungle grass on it, so the jungle can't be brought back using the clentaminator. Having a corrupt variant of mud would allow that mud to get turned back into jungle grass using the clentaminator.

There wouldn't be a corrupt jungle variant, just normal corruption biome but comprised of primarily corrupt mud.
you wouldn't need a corrupt mud variant, just a version of corrupt grass that grows on normal mud and replaces jungle grass.

Well at the moment I can't think of any enemies, but on TO I did come up with some good (albeit lengthy) names

corrupt jungle = midnight swamp
crimson jungle = bloodwood bog
hallow jungle = tropical rainbow forest
Hallow Jungle has to be Tropical Rainbow Forest because RAINforest, RAINBOWforest.

you wouldn't need a corrupt mud variant, just a version of corrupt grass that grows on normal mud and replaces jungle grass.

Yeah, that would absolutely work, sort of what I meant. Guess I was thinking of the way sand got converted at the time.

Trust me, I don't want the jungle to get overridden with corruption. I don't want it to be invincible either, that's no fun! Just trying to think of something balanced.

Yeah, that would absolutely work, sort of what I meant. Guess I was thinking of the way sand got converted at the time.

Trust me, I don't want the jungle to get overridden with corruption. I don't want it to be invincible either, that's no fun! Just trying to think of something balanced.
Well the options I gave were either for the jungle to be completely immune to corruption or for the jungle to still be corruptible, but have jungle content like life fruits and plantera available and you could use the contaminator to change it back, similar to how the snow biomes can be corrupted when the ice turns into purple ice. If the second option was used, the hallow would also be able to convert the jungle, and cross biome content could be added, like how each dessert variant has a unique mummy and each type of snow biome has a different colored pigron, which doesn't appear in a normal snow biome

i support making the jungle a "pure" biome and making it immune to infection. i actually enjoy the jungle, even though half the time i am unprepared for it and get eviscerated because of it. still, it is the most important biome and it should be protected :)

Corrupt jungle: Flesh-eating Worm
Crimson jungle: Mutated Mosquito
Hallowed jungle: Tropical Fruit Bat

That's all I got.

How's this?

Corrupt Jungle: Chupacabra (goat sucker of South American legend), Werecat (Jaguar/Leopard/etc...various cultures), Ahool (large batlike creature said to live in the rainforests of Java)
Crimson Jungle:
Corpse Flower, Poison Frog/Toad, Crimson Butterfly (The first two come from real life. The third is a reference to the Fatal Frame game, but seems fitting.)
Hallowed Jungle: Kodama (Japanese tree spirit) or alternately use the South American "Bakru" which is similar in appearance, Green Man (from European Folklore) or Spriggan, Will-O-Wisp

Other options could include insects with Cordyceps fungus bursting out of them, mud-men, or shamanistic spellcasters. Maybe even cannibals, or various examples of South American mythology.

Bottom line, I think that the combined biomes idea actually has a lot of creative potential.

in other words, console reskins.
Yep. But game actually need reskins for big amount of monster and stuff.

About the topic: Yep, I agree with you. But Jungle is complete biome, It's not necessary to make corrupted or Hallowed analog (like ice biome btw). I'd rather to have fused MINIbiomes, like mushrooms and spider nests.[DOUBLEPOST=1413741107][

I have a crimson spawn smack dab in the middle of my jungle biome. Tunneling around it to cut it off before hardmode is going to be a heck of a job just because the jungle is so unforgiving. I'd love to not worry about it. There is so much important stuff in it that it would be feasible for someone to lose out on a lot of it before it was taken over.

Yep. But game actually need reskins for big amount of monster and stuff.

About the topic: Yep, I agree with you. But Jungle is complete biome, It's not necessary to make corrupted or Hallowed analog (like ice biome btw). I'd rather to have fused MINIbiomes, like mushrooms and spider nests.[DOUBLEPOST=1413741107][
I figured it was fitting for the jungle to be a fused biome, since currently the only natural environments immune to the spreading biomes are the underworld, the dungeon, and the lihzahrd temple.

I would not mind the fact that the jungle could be corrupted or crimsoned if it had stuff like crims/corrup jungle trees or red/purple mud so we can bring it back at least. :(

Back
Top Bottom