Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I think they should merge. Who knows what one would find?
Um, crosses of Mimics that look like purple-vine-covered-chest-things.
Or perhaps both of those types of mimics. Jungle and Hallow/Corruption

What say you about my Plantera suggestion?

It would be nice to see jungle crossed with crimson, hallow, and corruption, especially in cases where the new world has bombed the jungle with a dark biome from the very start. That happens ALL the time as it is. I once had a corruption biome covering most of the top of my jungle at world spawn. Three more types of wood, three more musical tunes, new loot and about fifteen new enemies doesn't sound all that far fetched, but it's a crap load of work.

I thought this idea was so good that it would inevitably be a thing. After seeing what was done with the desert, I feel like a jungle version of the three biomes is a must. What sort of new backgrounds would we see? There's a lot of potential here.

I also think Plantera should spawn as normal in ANY jungle biome. Maybe it's vines and petals can shift colors as it passes through one type of jungle to another, but Plantera is a fearsome thing as it is. I think it will fit right in any jungle biome variant.

It would be nice to see jungle crossed with crimson, hallow, and corruption, especially in cases where the new world has bombed the jungle with a dark biome from the very start. That happens ALL the time as it is. I once had a corruption biome covering most of the top of my jungle at world spawn.
I had that problem on mobile. Except, in trying to get rid of the dark, I ended up placing a butt-load of Hallow instead. Not bad considering it doesn't spread onto jungle like corruption. But still...
I still had some surface jungle. Until I Mushroom-ified it that is.

I have been digging a trench around my jungle, even though it hardly matters. If the stripe goes through my beautiful jungle, I will seriously be quite upset.

View attachment 171521 Pictures would be appreciated. I want to see what the mod does.
It's not a mod, it's a suggestion.
I would love it to be a mod, but, as of right now, it's not a mod, or a feature in Terraria... yet. (Very subtle hint to you mod developers/game developers out there.)
I just want my jungle to stay as a jungle. All I've gotta say.
;):joy:
That it would, from my understanding. It just wouldn't be the jungle you know and love. It'd have all kinds of new, and fun, stuff.
I have been digging a trench around my jungle, even though it hardly matters. If the stripe goes through my beautiful jungle, I will seriously be quite upset.
You do realize that that's usually what ends up happening, right?

View attachment 171521 Pictures would be appreciated. I want to see what the mod does.
Well... You wanted a picture...

Here is my photoshopped interpretation of how I think it would work.
HjE3UD4.png

[doublepost=1496714623,1496714200][/doublepost]Keep in mind that it is a suggestion. Not a mod... yet.
[doublepost=1496714706][/doublepost]Too much...? Too little...? Be honest... (Preparing for hate...)

Well... You wanted a picture...

Here is my photoshopped interpretation of how I think it would work.
HjE3UD4.png

[doublepost=1496714623,1496714200][/doublepost]Keep in mind that it is a suggestion. Not a mod... yet.
[doublepost=1496714706][/doublepost]Too much...? Too little...? Be honest... (Preparing for hate...)
Not bad, actually. It probably wouldn't even be that complicated to make a mod of this, all it would take is a few new blocks and foliage that could easily just be recolors of existing sprites.

How about unique Queen Bee variants for each biome? You know, like Corrupt Queen Bee, Crimtane Queen Bee, and Hallowed Queen Bee.

Back
Top Bottom