Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
If the jungle were to be crossed with the spreading biomes
Then i guess these would work?

Spiked crimslime:basically a cross between two slimes.

Cursed trapper:an angry trapper that shoots cursed fireballs.

Crystal tortise:a giant tortoise that shoots crystal shards everywhere.

If the jungle were to be crossed with the spreading biomes
Then i guess these would work?

Spiked crimslime:basically a cross between two slimes.

Cursed trapper:an angry trapper that shoots cursed fireballs.

Crystal tortise:a giant tortoise that shoots crystal shards everywhere.
That sounds good. An idea I had was that the tortoises would each be powered up by and drop their biome's attack material (cursed flame, ichor, crystal). The Corruption tortoises would resemble dark purple alligator snapping turtles (rough, ridged shell; longer, plate segmented tail) which spin with cursed flame trails, while the Crimson ones pay tribute to the Dry Bones of Mario with a little skele-turtle action, dripping ichor blood as they go. The Hallowed turtles, like you said, have a spiky crystal shell that they use to fire shrapnels of crystal (not unlike crystal bullets). Allowing these biomes to infect controlled sections of your Jungle could be useful for farming these materials more quickly (as the original material bearers would still spawn), but with an added risk.

Perhaps this is a bit much, but I'd also had the idea of replacing the native monsters with unique monsters of similar roles (note that I always list them from Corruption to Crimson to Hallow).

Shadow Crows, Plague Mosquitos, and Fruit Bats all fly and shoot a form of poisonous projectile like the Hornets. Crows shoot fairly slow, but powerful vile feathers; misquitos shoot streams of weak but hard to avoid and highly infectious plague blood; and fruit bats spit triplets of seeds from the toxic native fruits - slightly weaker, but with more chances to land a hit.

The new wall crawlers to replace the Jungle Creepers are the Cycloptic Centipede, Bone Tarantula, and Chaos Gecko. Centipedes scuttle along the walls, trailing their body behind to create more damaging surface area, bone tarantula is significantly tougher than the normal creepers of the jungle, and geckos move slowly, but occasionally fire off glowing, confusion-inducing tails. The Cycloptic Centipedes and Bone Tarantulas drop Rotten Chunk and Vertebrae respectively.

Most other enemies are drawn from the infecting biomes or remain from the regular Jungle.

If this wasn't already suggested, maybe just make Mud Hallow-able. Then be able to buy a Jungle Solution from the Steampunk. That seems like the easiest solution.

If this wasn't already suggested, maybe just make Mud Hallow-able. Then be able to buy a Jungle Solution from the Steampunk. That seems like the easiest solution.
I'm sure many of us were thinking it, even if it wasn't said. Just make an "alternate" grass on the mud instead of transforming it into dirt. Obviously if the easy solution at least gets them to fix the problem, then it's better than nothing.

I kinda just wish they fleshed it out more because they did that exact thing with the boring old Desert. Why do Snow and Desert keep getting priority over our beloved Jungle? Those places are hella bland, with or without infecting biome influences.

I just realized that Herplings and Derplings could be in the same area. God help us all.
I would call that,
"Herpoderpling"
I support idea two, idea one is just defeating the purpose of protecting the easily-convertable biomes. Idea two has some balance there

I like the idea of keeping mud mud, but I wouldn't have jungle creatures and corruption/crimson/hallowed creatures spawn. When other biomes are taken over their creatures are taken over and not really adding anything (except the forest biome). They get a damage/health buff, sometimes inflict buffs and look different. So lets get rid of Derplings and Herplings and stop the mud from turning into dirt! Oh, and make corrupted/blooded/rainbow jungle creatures (not the bees!).

I'm sure many of us were thinking it, even if it wasn't said. Just make an "alternate" grass on the mud instead of transforming it into dirt. Obviously if the easy solution at least gets them to fix the problem, then it's better than nothing.

I kinda just wish they fleshed it out more because they did that exact thing with the boring old Desert. Why do Snow and Desert keep getting priority over our beloved Jungle? Those places are hella bland, with or without infecting biome influences.

I agree with you in principle, but at the same time, you have to ask, when are they going to make the transformed cacti more than just a graphical change, and where's the use for coloured ice? Actually, I may go make a new thread after this...

Point being, with the exception of a few mobs, conversion mechanics are pretty meh as it is. They could be doing a lot more with the interaction of biomes, and given how important it is to progression, the Jungle would be a great place to start.

my underground corruption spawned inside of the jungle so i didnt have one...
my hallow also spawned dead in my jungle before too...
this was long ago so i justd eleted my world xD
this happnes often to me too

I'm honestly surprised at how many people don't like the spreading biomes, but I may have a suggestion or two.

Moss Hornets can act like mummies, spawning as Blood Hornets, Rotten Hornets or Glowing Hornets.

For unique enemies there could be something called a Light Pitcher, Hallowed enemy, tethered, but has two tentacles that whip out to attack. Wishing Toads, using a turtle attack method of leaping and dropping on players, but move with hops like a Derpling.

Crimson we might see a Ichor Bloom, flower-like enemy that moves like a spider across the backwall and attacks by spitting Ichor at players. Or a Leech, similar to a worm, but instead of just passing through players, it latches on like a Brain Suckler and has a draining effect until killed.

Corruption something like a Cursed Rafflesia, tethered enemy which creates cursed flies that attack the player. Also a Shelled Rot, looks like someone stuffed some eater of souls chunks into a turtle shell and replaced the legs with wings, pretty much a nasty-looking bat.

Aaand... if there will be a combination, what about the jungle mimic?
I believe that (once the Jungle Mimic is implemented, assuming it ever does) it would have a chance to spawn in the jungle. The combination would probably just mean that the mimic of whatever biome combined with it (Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow) would have a chance to spawn as well. This idea was discussed before, though.

I believe that (once the Jungle Mimic is implemented, assuming it ever does) it would have a chance to spawn in the jungle. The combination would probably just mean that the mimic of whatever biome combined with it (Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow) would have a chance to spawn as well. This idea was discussed before, though.
Ah. Sorry if I didn't read that 35 pages of messages.

This was the very first thread I found when I looked up the Terraria forums, back as a lurker. And now, having just generated a world where two crimson areas spawned in the middle of the surface jungle, I'm reminded why I support it. I'd love to see the jungle get cross-biomed instead of immunity, but even immunity beats the current state of things. Chlorophyte is useless as a defense mechanism, if you can even call it that, and while I know how to build containment tunnels quickly - the possibility of an evil biome generating in the middle of the jungle is enough for me to turn off autosave and just cheese for a good result. Because once it gets in there, it's a nightmare to cordon off... especially if you're a new hardmode player, because you'll never survive long enough in the underground jungle to dig those hellevators.

Anyway, I see lots of potential in cross-biome enemies here. Illuminants are largely underground, but surface jungle Hallow enemies can be bright and patterned - lots of pretty insect wings and colorful petals. It's a theme that fits the Fair Folk well, so you could throw in a few nature spirits and wayward fae and they'd fit right in. Give the Dryad some less than friendly sisters, perhaps, along with the pitcher plants and pollen-raining giant butterflies. At night, will-o-wisps?

Crimson would be fun. Thriving living flesh. I picture blood-sucking creatures, lampreys and vampire bats and overgrown mosquitos, but also Crimsoned giant ants with bone mandibles, perhaps inflicting Bleeding. (That would probably be a staple, here.) As for the snatchers/man eaters/angry trappers - vines made out of stretching flesh.

Corruption's the one I find hardest to envision, honestly, because it's so antithetical to the jungle, thriving life versus spreading decay - perhaps the reason why the permanent destruction was implemented in the first place. (It makes no sense for Crimson to dry out mud. Crimson... moistens.) Anyway, maybe it could change the jungle theme to a swamp/bog, and populate it accordingly. Giant, thorny slugs. A clinger-like hydra, in the same style as the rest of the corrupted monsters. Some sort of kelpie-like beast? That might be straying a bit far from the core concept, which is diseased versions of jungle enemies. Thornlike protrusions. Eyes where eyes don't belong.

The background plants that normally grow on jungle grass are easy to picture - Hallow would get bright, colorful flora, Crimson would get fleshy abominations, and Corruption would get wilting, brown-green blooms.

I actually really like the hybrid biome you described for the combination of jungle and corruption. A bog/marsh filled with such creatures sounds perfect.

Mini idea related: Alternate planteras
Crimson: gory plantera, no seed, shoots ichor stream
Corruption: demon plantera , no seed, shoots cursed flame balls
Hallow: Crystal plantera, shoots crystals like the one the magic tome from the hallow does
Cyber and glade( since I like those ideas)
Cyber: Mechanical plantera, mechanical laser beams
Glade: Enchanted leaf plantera, scattered fire balls
[doublepost=1511471813,1511471754][/doublepost]
This was the very first thread I found when I looked up the Terraria forums, back as a lurker. And now, having just generated a world where two crimson areas spawned in the middle of the surface jungle, I'm reminded why I support it. I'd love to see the jungle get cross-biomed instead of immunity, but even immunity beats the current state of things. Chlorophyte is useless as a defense mechanism, if you can even call it that, and while I know how to build containment tunnels quickly - the possibility of an evil biome generating in the middle of the jungle is enough for me to turn off autosave and just cheese for a good result. Because once it gets in there, it's a nightmare to cordon off... especially if you're a new hardmode player, because you'll never survive long enough in the underground jungle to dig those hellevators.

Anyway, I see lots of potential in cross-biome enemies here. Illuminants are largely underground, but surface jungle Hallow enemies can be bright and patterned - lots of pretty insect wings and colorful petals. It's a theme that fits the Fair Folk well, so you could throw in a few nature spirits and wayward fae and they'd fit right in. Give the Dryad some less than friendly sisters, perhaps, along with the pitcher plants and pollen-raining giant butterflies. At night, will-o-wisps?

Crimson would be fun. Thriving living flesh. I picture blood-sucking creatures, lampreys and vampire bats and overgrown mosquitos, but also Crimsoned giant ants with bone mandibles, perhaps inflicting Bleeding. (That would probably be a staple, here.) As for the snatchers/man eaters/angry trappers - vines made out of stretching flesh.

Corruption's the one I find hardest to envision, honestly, because it's so antithetical to the jungle, thriving life versus spreading decay - perhaps the reason why the permanent destruction was implemented in the first place. (It makes no sense for Crimson to dry out mud. Crimson... moistens.) Anyway, maybe it could change the jungle theme to a swamp/bog, and populate it accordingly. Giant, thorny slugs. A clinger-like hydra, in the same style as the rest of the corrupted monsters. Some sort of kelpie-like beast? That might be straying a bit far from the core concept, which is diseased versions of jungle enemies. Thornlike protrusions. Eyes where eyes don't belong.

The background plants that normally grow on jungle grass are easy to picture - Hallow would get bright, colorful flora, Crimson would get fleshy abominations, and Corruption would get wilting, brown-green blooms.
Yes

Back
Top Bottom