Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
And how are you then having a jungle? If you turn it into a mushroom biome, you don't have any jungle biome unless you gathered first some seeds to make an artifical one somewhere safe of spreading biomes.
I'll just have it on a cloud save world. I have pretty much everything I would ever need on my main world.
Except weapons, trophies, masks, and other items from the Frost Moon event. ;-;
Ooh, and a Rod of Discord due to the low spawn rate of them. (mobile.)

I'll just have it on a cloud save world. I have pretty much everything I would ever need on my main world.
Except weapons, trophies, masks, and other items from the Frost Moon event. ;-;
Ooh, and a Rod of Discord due to the low spawn rate of them. (mobile.)
Oh, i didn't knew actually you had it on a cloud. That's interesting.

Just want to go off topic for a second to say, f**k the rod of dicord drop rate. That is all, return to regular conversation.

Yeah, except on Mobile, the Chaos Elementals that drop the RoD don't hardly spawn if at all. Making it nigh impossible to recieve the Rod.

You're right. It doesn't make sense. Allow Corruption/Crimson Hybrids of the Jungle instead of overwriting it entirely. Desert does this already.
Considering the raw level of mud there, hybridization and natural-spawns of Surface-Mushroom+Jungle would be beneficial.

Well, the point remains. A corrupt/crimson jungle offers more gameplay opportunity and updates/content instead of just destroying the jungle or making it immune.

What if in order for the Jungle to be corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed you had to force it with the clentaminator so Jungle would be protected from corruption at the start unless the player wanted it to be corrupted and have benifits and downsides to keeping it pure.

I'd rather it just infect normally and retain the same items/drops on-top of additional ones.
Nothing new happens when you corrupt your Jungle, it's just a Jungle+The Biome you infected it with.

Then more enemies of the other biome appear, and you can't farm Jungle Enemies for a Jungle Mold, as there will hardly be enough Jungle left to call it a Jungle.

If you wanted to farm a Crimson, go to the Crimson, don't rekk your Jungle with the Crimson just for convenience.

That's not what the OP is proposing.

Corruption and Crimson already infect the Desert, Ice and Forest areas. Might as well see if we can have a 100% corruptibility for all biomes- The Corruption/Crimson destroying the Jungle doesn't really fit it's Modus Operandi of expanding and infecting the surrounding terrain.

Allow new and earlier means of more entertaining repulsion- Sometimes it can be difficult to get to the Clentaminator, Otherworld's mechanics can likely be rolled into Terraria.

Last edited:
if there were corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed versions of plantera, moths, and enemies restricted to the jungle, i'd be happy and even make my jungle be overlapped by one of the impure overtakers

I think that all proposed options here are too easy (especially just making the jungle immune), but at the same time what is present in the game is too hard.

I'm not certain on how all the programming that would go down and it sounds like a fairly difficult task, but I'd have to go with option #2. The main reason behind this being that by making the jungle protected it would take out some of the difficulty in the game and you'd now be able to use the jungle as a shield of sorts. Aside from that, I think a tainted jungle would be pretty cool.

Now while a full on corruption/crimson/hollow enemies would be great, the basic enemies would be fine at first (maybe recolored or something?). Then there is the heart fruit, I think It'd be cool if there were a tainted version of the heart fruit for the corresponding biome and if you wish to consume it you'd have to use purification powder with it via the crafting menu or just by purifying the ground before picking the heart fruit.

(Although I'm not sure how Plantera would work... normally I guess?)

I believe the corruption/crimson didn't originally convert the jungle biome to any biome that touches it and i think it should of stayed that way.I've lost half my jungle to crimson even with a 3-block wide gap going straight through it can still spread through thorny bushes which is annoying. I hope the dev's listen and make a change whether that be thorny bushes no longer spread crimson/ corruption or just make the jungle immune to these biome's

the Jungle must have contain its own soul, the Soul of Fight [due to the wildlife mantra: "Fight or Flight"]
[doublepost=1529110171,1529110100][/doublepost]also, we must upgrade Witch Doctor's armory. Also, plan for a Lihzahrdian Rebel friendly NPC for obvious reasons

Back
Top Bottom