Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Well at the moment I can't think of any enemies, but on TO I did come up with some good (albeit lengthy) names

corrupt jungle = midnight swamp
crimson jungle = bloodwood bog
hallow jungle = tropical rainbow forest

Yeah, considering how many enemies the jungle has, and the effort it would take to convert them back, I don't support this. Honestly I'd rather have the Jungle remain the same in terms of spreading, but give the player more incentive to save the jungle, or drop hints that it matters.

Huzzah! In classic amateur pixel artist fashion, I've made a Support Sigil for the matter - This is essentially a smaller version of the support banner.

Code:
[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/save-the-jungle-v2.2398/][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/MD7jBQm/Save-The-Jungle.gif[/IMG][/url]

Though it's unrealistic to imagine the entire Jungle lost to the Crimson or Corruption, I think the Jungle is important enough to deserve protection from inferior biomes. Supporting here.

A combination of Jungle with Crimson/Corruption/Hallow would be interesting, but probably too weird, even for Terraria. Flat-out protection seems fine to me.
Ummmm that happened with me (these goddamn crimsons)Now the only “jungle” is a strip of mud next to my hotel.

I don't care about the Jungle that much. Besides, it's very dangerous. Hostile bats, tanky slimes, dangerous fish in the water, giant bug-like jumping things, giant crazy turtles, hornets and bees trying to poison you, man-eating plants, dangerous beetles, harmful spiders, super dangerous moths, a temple owned by the dangerous Lihzahrd tribe, thorns everywhere, and don't even get me started on Plantera.

I don't care about the Jungle that much. Besides, it's very dangerous. Hostile bats, tanky slimes, dangerous fish in the water, giant bug-like jumping things, giant crazy turtles, hornets and bees trying to poison you, man-eating plants, dangerous beetles, harmful spiders, super dangerous moths, a temple owned by the dangerous Lihzahrd tribe, thorns everywhere, and don't even get me started on Plantera.
You would say that, Crimson-lover!

~Signed, a Corruption apologist

You would say that, Crimson-lover!

~Signed, a Corruption apologist
I know, I had that in mind as well, I do think it's wrong what the evil biomes are doing to the jungle, but if we were to cleanse the evil, we would want to bring proper gear in the jungle, especially its caves. (Oh, also, you're a hypocritical defender of the Corruption! And I am somewhat related to the Crimson, my ancestors were born from its cells!)

I know, I had that in mind as well, I do think it's wrong what the evil biomes are doing to the jungle, but if we were to cleanse the evil, we would want to bring proper gear in the jungle, especially its caves. (Oh, also, you're a hypocritical defender of the Corruption! And I am somewhat related to the Crimson, my ancestors were born from its cells!)
I just wanted to poke a jab at my lesser-preferred evil biome. In actuality, all I want is for the Jungle ability to turn Crimson/Corruption overtaken Jungles back. There's supposed to be a challenge in keeping the world clean, but it sucks to have it irreversibly damaged because the evil decided to nestle itself directly over the Jungle.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'd think having a Crimson/Corruption variant of the Jungle would be not only a good solution for the "OH GOD THE JUNGLE'S :red:ING DYING" problem, as well as having Evil/Gory variants of the usual Jungle Enemies (and maybe even a unique Plantera variant!).

As someone who plays ranger, something that terrifies me is that the corruption is REALLY close to my Double Cod fishing spot.

But I'd rather see that become a Double Cod AND Ebonkoi fishing spot since I can't find a corrupt fishing spot anywhere

Also I think turtle armor is important to melle players

Refighting the Queen Bee without having to find another bee hive to do so is pretty cool as well

Last edited:
i think we have enough mud. and the only logical way a jungle could spread would be rain. so. yeah.
It still would be pretty cool for the jungle to expand into hardmode and actually not :red:foot with spreading. The jungle enemies could easily take on the crimson and corruption. So why is the grass such a pushover?

i think we have enough mud. and the only logical way a jungle could spread would be rain. so. yeah.
Plus, if it spreads against crimson and corruption, it would make it seem more like a force to be recond with, and make preserving the evil a bigger priority, which would be cool.

Plus, if it spreads against crimson and corruption, it would make it seem more like a force to be recond with, and make preserving the evil a bigger priority, which would be cool.
I think that just wouldn't make any sense. If the jungle infected the corruption, and the corruption infected the jungle, you would just end up with 2 corrupted jungles.

Back
Top Bottom