Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I think that just wouldn't make any sense. If the jungle infected the corruption, and the corruption infected the jungle, you would just end up with 2 corrupted jungles.
I don't think we should have a corrupted jungle, that would be too much work for very little return on the devs part, I just think the jungle should be a pushback and not a :red:foot.

If I made an example of how jungle and corruption/crimson fighting each other would work out, it would basically be chaos. Utter chaos.

I'm just saying, chaos isn't always bad
Well, the chaos I'm talking about is bad, because the mud would also take over the dirt if it can take over the Corruption. Also, why don't you consider the snow biome? If the jungle spread, then it would too. Think about that. You'd have to worry about 3/4 biomes taking over your base, unless you live in one of them. Or, if you introduced the Crimson, 4/5. I don't think anybody would like that.

Well, the chaos I'm talking about is bad, because the mud would also take over the dirt if it can take over the Corruption. Also, why don't you consider the snow biome? If the jungle spread, then it would too. Think about that. You'd have to worry about 3/4 biomes taking over your base, unless you live in one of them. Or, if you introduced the Crimson, 4/5. I don't think anybody would like that.
If the jungle exclusively took over the world evil, you wouldn't have to worry about losing your base to infection. What's the bad side to this? It makes the world seem a bit more like a balance and not a one sided take over battle. And it would allow jungles that have been afflicted with the evil to grow back.

If the jungle exclusively took over the world evil, you wouldn't have to worry about losing your base to infection. What's the bad side to this? It makes the world seem a bit more like a balance and not a one sided take over battle. And it would allow jungles that have been afflicted with the evil to grow back.
The jungle would not be afflicted with the world evil if the jungle only infected the world evil and not the other way around. If the infection also fought the jungle, you would get 2 infected jungles.

The jungle would not be afflicted with the world evil if the jungle only infected the world evil and not the other way around. If the infection also fought the jungle, you would get 2 infected jungles.
Yes, this would also happen if the jungle could infect.
It is a two-sided battle. There is the player, who helps the jungle recover (well. sometimes. but you get what i mean). Also, that just seems weird for a biome to only take over a certain other biome. Especially one that never infected before. I know that's what the Corruption and Crimson pre-hardmode and the Hallow do that, but that's understandable. A jungle, on the other hand, is not understandable at all.

It is a two-sided battle. There is the player, who helps the jungle recover (well. sometimes. but you get what i mean). Also, that just seems weird for a biome to only take over a certain other biome. Especially one that never infected before. I know that's what the Corruption and Crimson pre-hardmode and the Hallow do that, but that's understandable. A jungle, on the other hand, is not understandable at all.
The player has barely any power to stop the spread of the evil. The roots go to deep to truly get to. I've tried to get rid of the evil part of the v that spawns with hardmode with a drill containment unit and a clemtaminator and it took hours. Also, the jungle can never recover after being hurt by the evil, the mud has been converted to dirt making it unable to ever be restored without hours of painstaking work on excavation and mapping to get it like it was before.

Why can't the jungle pushback the evil? The jungle is basically a more dangerous version of purity, so why can't it be like a resistant force to help you stop corruption. And think of the benefits. More of that pesky chlorophyte. More of those tortoises. More plantera bulbs. The jungle is too important to just be gobbled up with no resistance against evil.

Maybe the jungle is immune to everything but hallow (in which case would turn the jungle into a Delirious Jungle). My reason, The hallow isn't bad. Its the only spreading biome that doesn't cause NPCs to move which means to NPCs, its good. Also, in the vanilla game, it DOESNT transform jungle while corruption does.

Rich Mahogany would become Rich Hypnowood. Piranhas will become Princefish (reference to princess fish), plants are replaced with hugging vines which rap around a player and squeeze tight for about 10secs. Jungle bats become Rainbow drops which act like well, a bat. Flying foxes become Nightdrops which are dark versions of Rainbow drops. Much more is to be added but I cant think of anymore ideas.

Maybe the jungle is immune to everything but hallow (in which case would turn the jungle into a Delirious Jungle). My reason, The hallow isn't bad. Its the only spreading biome that doesn't cause NPCs to move which means to NPCs, its good. Also, in the vanilla game, it DOESNT transform jungle while corruption does.

Rich Mahogany would become Rich Hypnowood. Piranhas will become Princefish (reference to princess fish), plants are replaced with hugging vines which rap around a player and squeeze tight for about 10secs. Jungle bats become Rainbow drops which act like well, a bat. Flying foxes become Nightdrops which are dark versions of Rainbow drops. Much more is to be added but I cant think of anymore ideas.
This sounds great, but isn't consistent with the rest of the game and, if OP's suggestion made it into vanilla, it would probably have drawbacks too, such as making it corruptible like Deserts and Snow.

No. But come up with three or more actually convincing enemies for Crimson Jungle, Corrupted Jungle, and Hallowed Jungle, and I might change my mind. :dryadhappy:
Evil Derpling, Bloody Derpling, and Rainbow Derpling :cool:. Corrupt Hornet, Blood Hornet, and Shiny Hornet :cool:. And for the Jungle Crawlers, Evil Crawler, (buffed) Blood Crawler, and Shimmering Spider :cool:.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what enemies they'd add to an infected jungle, though that's not to say it's a bad idea. Maybe enemies that are much more disease-based, hostile and exotic for the corruption, crimson and hallow respectively.
I just want something to turn grass and dirt into jungle grass and mud, like a lime solution that turns dirt into mud and grass into jungle grass. I'd even take a powder made from some kind of new jungle mushroom.

I'm not sure what enemies they'd add to an infected jungle, though that's not to say it's a bad idea. Maybe enemies that are much more disease-based, hostile and exotic for the corruption, crimson and hallow respectively.
I just want something to turn grass and dirt into jungle grass and mud, like a lime solution that turns dirt into mud and grass into jungle grass. I'd even take a powder made from some kind of new jungle mushroom.
If you break down the most iconic ones you have: flying enemies that inflict poison, wall crawling enemies, and tortoises. Then you can split these across three jungle alter egos: sinister swamp, bloody bog, and rainbow rainforest. I once made a few ideas (that I really love sharing).

Hornet variants: Plague Crows (slow, powerful feather projectiles that inflict poison), Malaria Mosquitos (shoots very weak, poisonous, ichor-like streams of red blood that are hard to dodge), Starfruit Bats (spits average damage poisonous seeds like a machine gun).

Jungle Creeper variants: Corrupt Centipedes (worm-AI, can climb along walls, drop rotten chunks), Bonerantulas (basically an upgraded Creeper, also a Zelda reference, drop vertebrae), Glowtail Geckos (positions itself in range and launches confusion inflicting tails).

Tortoise variants: Cursed Snappers (start slow but get more vicious as they approach death, inflict and drop cursed flames), Ichor Boneplates (can periodically crumble into a pile of bones as a defensive technique, inflict and drop Ichor), Crystal Softshells (release close range fragments of crystal mid-flight, inflicts bleeding and drops crystal shards.

I mean, yeah, all they really need to do is make different grass types able to grow on mud, but this would be so awesome!

Back
Top Bottom