Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
If you break down the most iconic ones you have: flying enemies that inflict poison, wall crawling enemies, and tortoises. Then you can split these across three jungle alter egos: sinister swamp, bloody bog, and rainbow rainforest. I once made a few ideas (that I really love sharing).

Hornet variants: Plague Crows (slow, powerful feather projectiles that inflict poison), Malaria Mosquitos (shoots very weak, poisonous, ichor-like streams of red blood that are hard to dodge), Starfruit Bats (spits average damage poisonous seeds like a machine gun).

Jungle Creeper variants: Corrupt Centipedes (worm-AI, can climb along walls, drop rotten chunks), Bonerantulas (basically an upgraded Creeper, also a Zelda reference, drop vertebrae), Glowtail Geckos (positions itself in range and launches confusion inflicting tails).

Tortoise variants: Cursed Snappers (start slow but get more vicious as they approach death, inflict and drop cursed flames), Ichor Boneplates (can periodically crumble into a pile of bones as a defensive technique, inflict and drop Ichor), Crystal Softshells (release close range fragments of crystal mid-flight, inflicts bleeding and drops crystal shards.

I mean, yeah, all they really need to do is make different grass types able to grow on mud, but this would be so awesome!
So you're just gonna come in here and spit straight good ideas?
Also, maybe there'd be plantera variants. Not in their name or drops, but their sprites and perhaps their music.

So you're just gonna come in here and spit straight good ideas?
Also, maybe there'd be plantera variants. Not in their name or drops, but their sprites and perhaps their music.
It would be really easy to just change the color of Plantera's flower. Purple, red, and light blue for Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow respectively. Additionally, they could play up some elements of their home biomes. Corrupt Plantera has intimidating thorns and a dull purple-gray "body", perhaps with vibrant green highlights on the thorns. Crimson Plantera has a brown, rotted appearance and trickles with golden ichor. Hallowed Plantera would host a rainbow of tiny flowers blooming from various parts of her body and her plant skin would be paler green.
And yes, I like to just drop in and spit ideas. It's fun :happy:

Either the jungle needs to be protected, and have hallow and corruption unable to spawn there in the first place, or there needs to be hallowed and evil jungle grasses that grow on mud. The issue there is that mushroom biomes could be turned into variant jungles with the clentaminator, but it's better than the alternative

Either the jungle needs to be protected, and have hallow and corruption unable to spawn there in the first place, or there needs to be hallowed and evil jungle grasses that grow on mud. The issue there is that mushroom biomes could be turned into variant jungles with the clentaminator, but it's better than the alternative
in 1.4 they gave us not having it spawn on top of both snow or jungle, if it happens thats rare

in 1.4 they gave us not having it spawn on top of both snow or jungle, if it happens thats rare
i've only done about 4 playthroughs of 1.4 so far. I've had 1 hallowed jungle and 1 crimson snow. I don't feel as though the problem has been fixed to a degree I'm happy with, since I had to manually create a surface jungle and clear the surface snow biome. This, in early hardmode, is extremely tedious and is not something the player should be expected to do, especially given the frequency of the issue

i've only done about 4 playthroughs of 1.4 so far. I've had 1 hallowed jungle and 1 crimson snow. I don't feel as though the problem has been fixed to a degree I'm happy with, since I had to manually create a surface jungle and clear the surface snow biome. This, in early hardmode, is extremely tedious and is not something the player should be expected to do, especially given the frequency of the issue
I wasn’t talking about going into hardmode though, that’s different, and I wish they just made a hallow jungle and evil jungle without ruining the jungle at all

I wasn’t talking about going into hardmode though, that’s different, and I wish they just made a hallow jungle and evil jungle without ruining the jungle at all
Well, there's still some small hope for 1.4.1, and we have the modding community to look to in future, to realise the great ideas in this thread.

If you break down the most iconic ones you have: flying enemies that inflict poison, wall crawling enemies, and tortoises. Then you can split these across three jungle alter egos: sinister swamp, bloody bog, and rainbow rainforest. I once made a few ideas (that I really love sharing).

Hornet variants: Plague Crows (slow, powerful feather projectiles that inflict poison), Malaria Mosquitos (shoots very weak, poisonous, ichor-like streams of red blood that are hard to dodge), Starfruit Bats (spits average damage poisonous seeds like a machine gun).

Jungle Creeper variants: Corrupt Centipedes (worm-AI, can climb along walls, drop rotten chunks), Bonerantulas (basically an upgraded Creeper, also a Zelda reference, drop vertebrae), Glowtail Geckos (positions itself in range and launches confusion inflicting tails).

Tortoise variants: Cursed Snappers (start slow but get more vicious as they approach death, inflict and drop cursed flames), Ichor Boneplates (can periodically crumble into a pile of bones as a defensive technique, inflict and drop Ichor), Crystal Softshells (release close range fragments of crystal mid-flight, inflicts bleeding and drops crystal shards).

I mean, yeah, all they really need to do is make different grass types able to grow on mud, but this would be so awesome!
Nice ideas that said you forgot one of the iconic enemies Man Eaters/Angry Trappers Totally a missed chance for variants there as well

Angry Clingers-Angry Trapper variants which can spit cursed flames at distant players beyond their reach
Flesh Maw/Tendril- Would probably in effect be a mutant **** with a mouth at the end keeping the crimson theme of grotesque and often philic horrors
Crystal thornvine- Higher defense and damage with the ability to temporarily become invulnerable.
Whoops forgot to post reply

It would be really easy to just change the color of Plantera's flower. Purple, red, and light blue for Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow respectively. Additionally, they could play up some elements of their home biomes. Corrupt Plantera has intimidating thorns and a dull purple-gray "body", perhaps with vibrant green highlights on the thorns. Crimson Plantera has a brown, rotted appearance and trickles with golden ichor. Hallowed Plantera would host a rainbow of tiny flowers blooming from various parts of her body and her plant skin would be paler green.
And yes, I like to just drop in and spit ideas. It's fun :happy:
I like what you're going for, but I think the theming of the Corrupt Plantera and Crimson Plantera should be swapped a bit.

The corruption is more like death and decay, so it would make the most sense for that version of Plantera to have a brown, rotted appearance with either green or purple liquid leaking out.

Meanwhile the crimson version could be more like Plantera being converted from plant to flesh, as the crimson seems to be more about absorbing everything else into it. The vines could be replaced by what look like tendons and blood vessels, Plantera's leaves take on a more yellow color akin to ichor while the petals become a deep bloody red. Finally, Plantera's "tongues" in the second phase would instead be like strips of muscle with small eyeballs on the ends.

Last edited:
I like what you're going for, but I think the theming of the Corrupt Plantera and Crimson Plantera should be swapped a bit.

The corruption is more like death and decay, so it would make the most sense for that version of Plantera to have a brown, rotted appearance with either green or purple liquid leaking out.

Meanwhile the crimson version could be more like Plantera being converted from plant to flesh, as the crimson seems to be more about absorbing everything else into it. The vines could be replaced by what look like tendons and blood vessels, Plantera's leaves take on a more yellow color akin to ichor while the petals become a deep bloody red. Finally, Plantera's "tongues" in the second phase would instead be like strips of muscle with small eyeballs on the ends.
Huh, that's... I hadn't really thought about that. To me, the Corruption has always been about raw strength and brutality. There's also a residual relation to thorns, Corruption was associated with its thorns before the Crimson was a thing, which is why its magic weapon is the Vilethorn. Thorns thrive and domineer, hence the connection to strength. The Corruption seems to empower and twist plants into more brutal forms.

The Crimson, with all its meat, to me just seems... rottier. It would be smelly and humid. Plants that still exist, like the Shadewood trees, are dying away in the flesh dominated environment. Infections and disease would run rampant due to impossible hygiene demands of having a miles-long, unskinned organism. Not to mention its melee weapon, the Rotted Fork, seems to imply there is a still a lot of decay in the Crimson, despite its "lively" appearance. The Crimson seems to choke out and kills plants.

Though I suppose if the Crimson's... consciousness? chose Plantera as a champion for its cause it could graft flesh into it, as it does with stone and grass. In summary, I concede that Crimson Plantera should be more representative of the Crimson, but I think the Corruption version should still look powerful and sharp.

EDIT: In fact there's a certain pattern in the Plantera coloring you'd be keeping by shifting its green to yellowish. Corrupt Plantera has desaturated plant skin, Hallowed Plantera has lightened plant skin, and Crimson Plantera has hue shifted plant skin.

Last edited:
Though I suppose if the Crimson's... consciousness? chose Plantera as a champion for its cause it could graft flesh into it, as it does with stone and grass. In summary, I concede that Crimson Plantera should be more representative of the Crimson, but I think the Corruption version should still look powerful and sharp.
You make a good case for Corrupted Plantera looking more powerful and sharp, but I think it's worth pointing out that the Terraria wiki itself describes the Corruption as having a "dark purple wasteland, death, and decay theme". The plant native to the Corruption is called "Deathweed", and the material used to craft Worm Food is "Rotten Chunk"(s). Still, I can absolutely see the corruption making Plantera a faded purple, rather than just brown, and having thorny vines and such.

You make a good case for Corrupted Plantera looking more powerful and sharp, but I think it's worth pointing out that the Terraria wiki itself describes the Corruption as having a "dark purple wasteland, death, and decay theme". The plant native to the Corruption is called "Deathweed", and the material used to craft Worm Food is "Rotten Chunk"(s). Still, I can absolutely see the corruption making Plantera a faded purple, rather than just brown, and having thorny vines and such.
Yeah the Corruption has a bit of a problem with what its lore says and how it reacts in terms of gameplay and in game aesthetics. The lore and the gameplay just straight up contradict each other as the corruption feels viscous and aggressive more like an alien invasive ecology. To match its lore there would need to be a lot less of everything. Death and decay are to us thought a morbid bad but in terms of nature decay is the symptom of vibrant life. The greatest most prolific places of death and decay are the cycle of the rain forest rot the can happen so quickly that it can bee seen unfolding before your eyes as the dead are devoured reabsorbed and converted into new life once again

Without life there is no decay at least not in the sense we think of. In the absence of life decay is a slow stagnant process. The definitive form of such decay is dust scattering in the wind work of erosion over eons as the very land and air are stripped away by countless impacts and the relentless fury of the sun eventually resulting in a lifeless airless place or that which is nearly so a specter of stagnation setting in as the fragments that remain float ceaselessly in the void. Such a thing would not remotely look like the Corruption of the actual game for that inanimate shriveled nearly featureless husks of the dead on another wise barren landscape no thorns, trees or grass just inanimate shambling husks puppeteered across a desolate dreary dry airless silent wasteland. A corrupt desert in the absence of cacti are probably the closest the game have to such an environment, the enemies of the corruption are too consistent too animated biological for them to match the lore.

Back
Top Bottom