Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
The entire world wouldn't be corrupted, the hallow would also be able to convert the jungle, so if anything it would be closer to half corrupt and half hallow. Although I guess the hallow isn't really much better than the corruption...
I just am not a huge fan of biomes spreading even more

While I would like to save the jungle, a few of your points are easily countered by building your own. Making your own would actually be beneficial. You CAN still get chlorophyte because it grows when there's a chlorophyte ore nearby on mud. Life fruit you can get from an artificial biome, as with plantera bulbs. I would like a corrupt jungle though.

I just am not a huge fan of biomes spreading even more
I can understand, I used to feel the same way.
While I would like to save the jungle, a few of your points are easily countered by building your own. Making your own would actually be beneficial. You CAN still get chlorophyte because it grows when there's a chlorophyte ore nearby on mud. Life fruit you can get from an artificial biome, as with plantera bulbs. I would like a corrupt jungle though.
It would take a lot longer to get life fruit from an artificial jungle though, unless you made a giant one, which would also take forever. Fighting Plantera would also be a pain because if you accidentally left the artificial jungle then Plantera would be enraged.

I literally just posted a status asking how to stop the corruption from destroying my jungle. I didn't even notice this thread.

Personally I'm fine with either neutral protection from spreading biomes or it being infect-able w/out the loss of mud.
However if their is a wish for it to be infectable
If it gets infectable the additional enemies if any should be wild to match the jungle. To help brainstorming these are some base concepts. Note that if it gets a snow treatment only one or or two would be added/ changed and the 2 biomes enemies would simply coexist.
Corruption: much stronger world feeder, a Angry trapper clinger hybrid, and stronger corruptor (maybe w/ cursed fire breath?)
Hallow: An illuminate bat upgrade w/ chaos elemental attributes, Glowing tortoise w/ chaos elemental teleporting and our good old tortoise slams, gastropod/spiked slime hybridized hallowed jungle slime enemy...
Crimson:Flesh weed-plant AI enemy with multiple "heads" to attack with while were at it give it ichor...(all I've got)

Once again I just want my jungle to live :( (Jungle rotted by evil biomes is tedious to replace hard to stop and very very ugly :( :dryadmad:)

Ia gree, make jungle inmune please...almost all of my worlds spawn like this: jungle- corruption- jungle : and it's very frustrating!
Idk if someone already said this, but... How about not only is jungle immune to spread of corruption, but it also can't spawn near the corruption?

No. But come up with three or more actually convincing enemies for Crimson Jungle, Corrupted Jungle, and Hallowed Jungle, and I might change my mind. :dryadhappy:
corruption: undead gangly plants, kinda like the mourning wood, crimson: fleshy flora or even fungus, kinda like the flood from halo. hallow: colorful fluorescent plants. evil versions of what you would expect to find in a royal garden.

that took me about 10 seconds to come up with.

edit: thought of actual enemy concepts: a good concept for a crimson jungle enemy would be a giant pitcher plant, but the bulb itself is a stomach. it can shoot acid at you from a distance. corruption could have undead hornet husks, and you can see cursed flames through the slits in the exo skeleton. I am a little beat for hallow though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom