Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I really dont support the jungle fusion idea, but even so i have a few ideas for enemies:
Corruption: Shadow Hornet: slightly less strong than Moss Hornet, can inflict Darkness.
Crimson: Bloody Mosquito: slightly stronger than moss hornet, no projectile attack, can inflict Bleeding.
Hallow: IlluminAnt: giant shining ant that charges at you very quickly, follows Spider AI (can climb back walls), high damage, can inflict poison.
I realize these arent very organized, but i just threw it together in about 30 seconds...

I know the Jungle fusing idea isn't all that popular, but what do you guys think would happen if the jungle was converted by the cyber?

Erm, I've completed many Terraria games (yes hardmode), and I never noticed the evil getting far enough in the jungle to ruin the gameplay for me.
You just have to be faster I guess...?

I know the Jungle fusing idea isn't all that popular, but what do you guys think would happen if the jungle was converted by the cyber?
Well, think about that. A mechanical jungle. Doesnt work too well does it? (P.S. I support the cyber in every way, this isnt saying anything against it, i just dont want it (or anything) fusing with the jungle).

Well, think about that. A mechanical jungle. Doesnt work too well does it?
That's why I asked, I knew it would be really bizarre and not make much sense because it would be a combination of a natural place filled with life and a place where everything is nonliving and artificial. I wanted to know how other people would make sense of it and turn it into something that does work. My first thought was to have it be a place that has metallic living things as opposed to robots that look like they could be from a science fiction movie. The environment would look organic, but based on minerals.

That's why I asked, I knew it would be really bizarre and not make much sense because it would be a combination of a natural place filled with life and a place where everything is nonliving and artificial. I wanted to know how other people would make sense of it and turn it into something that does work. My first thought was to have it be a place that has metallic living things as opposed to robots that look like they could be from a science fiction movie. The environment would look organic, but based on minerals.
Maybe the enemies could be like cyborg things. A terminator-style wasp would be pretty terrifying.

huh. For some reason I didn't think of enemies that are half organic and half robotic. That's probably why I asked other people for ideas...
While this does sound like a cool idea, im sticking with the idea that the jungle shouldnt fuse with anything. I dont want to have to constantly watch one more biome for corruption, even if the biome itself is the same style.

I dont want to have to constantly watch one more biome for corruption, even if the biome itself is the same style.
What I basically do now adays is as soon as hardmode starts, I figure out where the stripes of corruption/crimson/hallow have formed, and I dig giant shafts on either side of it.

For example:
Vector.png

Last edited:
What I basically do now adays is as soon as hardmode starts, I figure out where the stripes of corruption/crimson/hallow have formed, and I dig giant shafts on either side of it.

For example:
View attachment 4190
I think every smart person does. You're left no choice. However, there is still one huge threat: demon altars. Every time you break one, it corrupts or hallows one block in your world, and that is super nnoying because you have to break them to progress in the game...

If it was Hallowed, then there could be like Light Hornets, Illuminant spiked slimes, spectracal Man Eater, and the normal enemies like Chaos Elementals.
If it was Corrupted, it could have Dark Hornets, Shadow Spiked Slimes, Soul Eaters, and l the normal enemies like Corruptor or Eater of Souls.
If it was Crimsoned, it could have Bloody Hornets, Red Spiked Slimes, and Demon Eaters, and the normal enemies like Face Monster and Crimson Axe in hardmode.

Just a suggestion.

If it was Hallowed, then there could be like Light Hornets, Illuminant spiked slimes, spectracal Man Eater, and the normal enemies like Chaos Elementals.
If it was Corrupted, it could have Dark Hornets, Shadow Spiked Slimes, Soul Eaters, and l the normal enemies like Corruptor or Eater of Souls.
If it was Crimsoned, it could have Bloody Hornets, Red Spiked Slimes, and Demon Eaters, and the normal enemies like Face Monster and Crimson Axe in hardmode.

Just a suggestion.
in other words, console reskins.

in other words, console reskins.
Yeaaaaaah, no. Not a good idea. Let's not go the 505 route.

I still feel just protecting the jungle is the best option, even if Corruption and Crimson move through it very slowly.

And yeah, demon altars infecting random blocks around the world is dumb. I've actually run into the results of that multiple times and it's just plain old annoying. I'm just waiting for one of those blocks to be a random block of stone in the jungle and it starts infecting itself from the inside out.

Yeaaaaaah, no. Not a good idea. Let's not go the 505 route.

I still feel just protecting the jungle is the best option, even if Corruption and Crimson move through it very slowly.

And yeah, demon altars infecting random blocks around the world is dumb. I've actually run into the results of that multiple times and it's just plain old annoying. I'm just waiting for one of those blocks to be a random block of stone in the jungle and it starts infecting itself from the inside out.
they don't infect the world :/

they don't infect the world :/
That actually isn't true- it's rare to run into them, but the Demon Altars do sometimes infect random blocks in the world. Like I've said, I've run into the results of it- completely random corruption or hallow underground where there shouldn't be any.

That actually isn't true- it's rare to run into them, but the Demon Altars do sometimes infect random blocks in the world. Like I've said, I've run into the results of it- completely random corruption or hallow underground where there shouldn't be any.
oh, you mean when you break them.

Back
Top Bottom