Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in by saying that if there were to be a swamp, I want a rare creature to spawn there; An ogre. Yes, how original, but think about it! It would be very funny to see an ogre running around trying to murder you, as long as it isn't in real life... :dryadconfused:

The vote misses the choice to be able to restore an already converted jungle with a clentaminator solution.

See also my suggestion in the forums over at www.terraiaonline.com.
That's one idea, but it doesn't quite address the problem of the corruption/crimson destroying the jungle, it just adds a way for the Clentaminator to restore it (which is better than how the game is now, but not what I was going for with this suggestion.)

Sure, but I want to be able to restore my already corrupted jungle. This should work perfectly in conjunction with your suggestion.

<Redacted>it plz and yes I hate it when my jungle get completely destroyed and made into stupid corruption <Redacted> click this I need the clicks so the eggs don't die plz man what are you waiting for click it plz
<links removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
jungle + corruption = no jungle and only corruption :dryadcry: <removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
it plz and yes I hate it when my jungle get completely destroyed and made into stupid corruption click this I need the clicks so the eggs don't die plz man what are you waiting for click it plz
jungle + corruption = no jungle and only corruption :dryadcry:
Dragon cave links are only allowed to be posted in your signature, on your profile, or in this Social Group http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?social-forums/dragon-cave-hatchery-group.144/

And without further ado, time to reveal the official method implemented for saving the Jungle...
Chlorophyte can now revert Corruption or Crimson spread. It also turns nearby dirt into mud.

This is actually great news, considering that Chlorophyte is also going to start spawning in greater quantities as well!

(This is also excellent news for Chlorophyte farmers. :p)

That depends on the range at which Chlorophyte converts dirt into mud. If it's not far enough that more Chlorophyte can spawn within the gap, it will simply halt growth in either direction, which is what I currently suspect is the case.

Anyways, I'm psyched about how easy this is going to make creating a surface Mushroom biome. All in all, I think this is a very well balanced solution that has a lot of extra uses. They've been testing the update for a long while, and I don't think they would let it slide past if it were broken in some way or created new problems.

I was just thinking about it. It wouldn't spread too far beyond the original jungle, since Chlorophyte needs light to grow. But it would spread to open lit up caves connected to the jungle, assuming said caves have plenty of dirt of course

goingtomakeasuggestionaboutstoneundergroundslowlybecomingdirtwhichwillallowforthejungletospreadfartherandthatitwouldeventuallytakeovertheworldaslongasthereisenoughlightfuelingit This means the jungle is (somewhat) saved!

Back
Top Bottom