Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
You could also block off the rest of the Ocean from where you're gonna dig, and use Input/Output pipes to move the water on the outside of the wall to the rest of the Ocean, you can also make Infinite Water/Lava doing this.
Either way, once I dug past the Ocean my digging tools when from Pickaxe and Hamaxe to Sticky bombs and sticks of Dynamite. At the Ocean the hole was about five blocks wide but past that things got messy, destructive, and fun.

Either way, once I dug past the Ocean my digging tools when from Pickaxe and Hamaxe to Sticky bombs and sticks of Dynamite. At the Ocean the hole was about five blocks wide but past that things got messy, destructive, and fun.
Well, not entirly fun... I`d already made a few other Hellivators before that so it got old real quick. Especially since I would often have to deal with enemies attacking me while I did things like precisely placing the chain for going up and down the Hellivators quickly. But lets try not to get too off topic here. The subject of this thread is about protecting the Jungle biome not Hellivator digging.

Made three worlds in a row, all three worlds had corruption/crimson already devouring the jungle from minute 1.

But I think instead of making the jungle immune, it'd be better to just integrate new enemies for corrupted/crimson'd jungle. Corrupted mud, too. So the threat factor is still there but it'd also be reversible unlike what happens currently in the game.

Made three worlds in a row, all three worlds had corruption/crimson already devouring the jungle from minute 1.

But I think instead of making the jungle immune, it'd be better to just integrate new enemies for corrupted/crimson'd jungle. Corrupted mud, too. So the threat factor is still there but it'd also be reversible unlike what happens currently in the game.
Honestly, I agree. I don't even like the idea of the jungle being fully immune anymore. (we don't need corrupt mud though, after all, there's no corrupt dirt)

my jungle is RIP. i have a sliver of like 500 blocks wide by hellevators 5 blocks wide and from surface to hell, i have TONS of trouble farming, i made a plantera farm IN THE LIHZAHRD TEMPLE. because its jungle, and i'm able to farm jungle mobs b=by making a section of it covered in mud on the floor... i hate it

Turning mud back to dirt. It is perfectly possible in RL, yes, but far too damaging in terraria. The only way I know how to turn dirt into mud is to dig out every block and convert them in the crafting screen; this ends in a terribly deformed jungle. And the jungle must remain as some form of jungle so that the player can progress, as plantera, chlorophyte, and life fruit spawns nowhere else (and I know you can create an artificial biome, but it would still be terribly deformed and/or small unless someone spends days making a good one).

Three of the things the devs can do to fix this:
1- make three new biomes (corrupt jungle, hallowed jungle, and crimson jungle). (Like stated by the OP)
or
2- add a clentaminator solution that at least turns dirt and grass, and unpure stone into mud and jungle grass and pure stone.
or
3- make these biomes no longer interfere with jungle (like in the OP), until you could give something to help us out (like doing one of the above).

As for the players to alleviate the issue:

In pre-hardmode dig two wide trenches down deep, until you reach some point in the underworld, and fill them in with unnatural materials. They should be on either side of the jungle you want to protect.
Once hardmode begins, you may have to hastily produce more trench(es) if the biome's wall(s) have been compromised.
(Perhaps already suggested, but either way, this is the best I know of to shield the jungle. May take some work, but hopefully most of the original jungle would remain.)

You can always use TerraCustom and Force Crimson/Corruption to avoid jungle side. in the worst case, you will lose part of it for the Hallow but it will not spread

cheat? u know u can get a world with no crimson or corruption on the jungle side with out it? it's just 1 way to always get it... and if u dont change anything else it stills like vanilla worlds

well, **** dat's ur point of view, i have mine. dat's all
I hope they do something related to jungle, till then, TerraCustom will do it

I know the Jungle fusing idea isn't all that popular, but what do you guys think would happen if the jungle was converted by the cyber?
I was thinking a rogue artificial intelligence?

Also, a way to make the jungle more easily convertible is to have water turn all dirt blocks it touchs into mud, so you can just pour tons of water into a corrupted jungle and go mental with green solution.

A combination of Jungle with Crimson/Corruption/Hallow would be interesting, but probably too weird, even for Terraria. Flat-out protection seems fine to me.
Well we've got infected deserts and snow biomes so I think an infected Jungle would fit right in.

The real problem is the actual content, as the existing cross biomes are lacking themselves. :dryadcry: Though at least the Jungle has enough core content, snow only some, desert.. barely anything.

Cross biome is what I'd like the most but I'd definitely be alright with immunity from the evil biomes. Just.. not the jungle eating nonsense. I like my jungles
lnDnx5U.png
And doesn't make much sense when Corruption takes over a Jungle, and when you purify with green solution, it becomes normal forest? It is like if Corruption turned ice into ebonstone, and when purified would of course make stone. Or if Crimson turned desert into dirt and crimson grass. I'd call it a bug but it's been years so it seems the devs sadly like it.

Back
Top Bottom