NPCs & Enemies Save The Snow Flinx

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Ok, could be improved(if so tell me how)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't like it, but it could be improved.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Meh, don't really care

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

JoeReturns

Terrarian
As many of you may know, some enemies are just in terraria to be there. They drop nothing and do nothing.

Well, one of them is the Snow Flinx. Yes, they drop snowball launcher, but is a 0.67% drop chance, and who is going to farm the Snow Flinx? Its pretty useless.

Now, I'm not going to get ridiculous with the suggestion but, the Snow Flinx really needs to be "saved" as I may say.

So, here are the suggestions.

Spawn Rate:

1. I think the spawn rate should be more common, as it is rare(ish), and if you want the snowball launcher then you will know.
Drops:
New weapon drop.

Blizzards Bane (name suggested by @Zemmy6) (ideas welcome)
Damage-16: Similar to the starfury, drops 1-4 snowballs when used-only when hits an enemy(like the bee keeper)
Looks like the ice blade(similar shape) but instead of it being ice it is snow.
Drop chance- 1%(may change)
Use time - Very fast:15
The snowballs fall after every hit no matter how quick it is.
Auto swing- No
Rarity:
blue.png

Knockback: Average-4
Here is the Blizzards Bane:
Blizzard bane.png
( Sprite mad by @Zoruark ) Just a usual snowball that falls
Snowball.png

Ball of Fluff :Summons a baby snow flinx pet.
Drop from the snow flinx: 3.33% drop chance.
The snow flinx looks similar to the Snow Flinx but a little bit smaller.
Rarity:
green.png

Here it is:
Snow_Flinx.png
(made by @Wisp ISP)
Alternative made by @Jestex
SmIeg9n.png

Staff of The Flinx Spirit (name by @Zoruark) Summons an evil blood-seeking Snow Flinx.
Damage:15
Crafted with:25 Flinx Fur(see below).
Mana usage: 20
Rarity:
orange.png

Knockback: None-0
Here it is:
Flinx staff.jpg
Thanks to @Zoruark
Alternative sprite by @Jestex
buq2SDB.png

Flinx Fur: Dropped from Snow Flinxes.
Drop Chance: 20%:2-5.
Used to craft the Summoner weapon.

The snowball launcher:Is now a 2% drop chance.

Modifications
:
If the Snow flinx is going to drop some new items, it's max life, damage and defense needs to be modified.
Max life-Previous:70 New: 80
Defense-Previous:12 New 15
Damage- Previous:26 New: 28
The knockback of the Snow flinx has been decreased.

Attacks:
The attacks have been a little bit modified.
It now jumps in the air (like the giant tortoise) and lands on the player. It now also is a lot faster and charges at the player.
After damaging the Snow Flinx it gains a little bit more speed.

Add Ons:
Zombie Eskimos now drop thick silk, this can be combined with Flinx fur to craft the Eskimo armour. (suggested by @Méta')

Vote for the Sprites of Blizzards bane and Ball of fluff :)

Last edited:
Before we start, I have a small bone to pick with the main post:
Yes, they drop snowball launcher, but is a 0.67% drop chance, and who is going to farm the Snow Flinx? Its pretty useless.
The thing about grinding for one thing is that you end up grinding everything along with it. If your grinding Undead Vikings for a Viking Helmet, you're also unintentionally grinding Snow Flinxes as well. Just saying.

Anyways, I don't think a tiny ball of plush should be dropping a sword, especially when there are Undead Vikings in the same area which are better suited for carrying such weapons. (Heck, their Hardmode counterparts are already dropping an ice-themed Melee weapon of their own.) I'd much rather see something along the lines of a Summoner item, although I don't think we need to make Snow Flinxes an important enemy by buffing its stats and giving it useful drops.

Before we start, I have a small bone to pick with the main post:

The thing about grinding for one thing is that you end up grinding everything along with it. If your grinding Undead Vikings for a Viking Helmet, you're also unintentionally grinding Snow Flinxes as well. Just saying.

Anyways, I don't think a tiny ball of plush should be dropping a sword, especially when there are Undead Vikings in the same area which are better suited for carrying such weapons. (Heck, their Hardmode counterparts are already dropping an ice-themed Melee weapon of their own.) I'd much rather see something along the lines of a Summoner item, although I don't think we need to make Snow Flinxes an important enemy by buffing its stats and giving it useful drops.
I see the point your trying to make, and I do agree about the sword. But I am going to try and make multiple threads about enemies that don't drop anything and are pretty much useless :)

Well, more like "save the snow flinx's usefulness". I doubt a snow flinx would actually like this topic. Either way, nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom