• maybe

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terrarian_37

Skeletron Prime
space needs more love.
this is isn't a lot of content but it will still make space something to check out more when playing terraria.

Changes to the space biome:
1- The Space biome is a bit bigger now
2- you have oxygen now, you will run out of oxygen after 15 seconds if your in the space biome, when you run out of oxygen you will loose 2hp per 7 tick

Changes to the pre-hardmode space biome:
new enemy: Small Ufo Small Ufo.gif this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 30/45 damage on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 10/20 melee damage to you
defense: 5
health: 150/300
Small Ufo Drops:
SilverCoin.gif
5-10 ( 100% chance)

Changes to the Hardmode space biome:

New Structure: ufo shaped structures made with Martin Conduit Plating will spawn in space when wall of flesh is defeated, these structures have a chest inside of them with useful stuff, 4 will spawn in small worlds, 5 in medium worlds and 6 in large worlds. spawn rate of the "ufo" will increase if the player gets near the structure. they will never spawn of floating islands, they wont spawn on player creations, but if the player doesn't leave enough space for these structures to spawn, they will spawn on the player builds.

new enemy: Ufo Ufo.gif this ufo will replaces the "small ufo" in hardmode, this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 125/225 on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 50/75 melee damage to you.
defense: 15
health: 350/410
Ufo Drops: Laser Bullet.png Laser Bullet 1-3 ( 75% chance, ill explain what it does later)
SilverCoin.gif
10-15 ( 100% chance ) (1% chance to drop a item from the ufo structures, it wont drop mysterious hands though)

new rare enemy: Golden Ufo Golden Ufo (1).gifthis golden ufo is a rare ufo that has way more loot than the normal ufo and its a little bit more powerful, this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 130/230 on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 55/75 melee damage to you.
defense: 20
health: 360/420
Golden ufo drops: Laser Bullet.png laser bullet 10-15 (100% chance)
GoldCoin.gif
10 (100% chance) (10% chance to drop a item from ufo structures, it wont drop mysterious hands though)

New Items:
laser bullet: Laser Bullet.png Here's The description for this thing "it doesn't work with any of your guns, try to make a new bullet with it."
combine Laser Bullet.png 1 +
Empty_Bullet.png
10 at
Work_Bench.png
to get "Fixed Laser Bullet"

Fixed Laser Bullet:
Fixed Laser Bullet.png
damage: 14
knockback: 4 (weak)
velocity: 6
inflicts: on fire! debuff

Oxygen Tank: Oxygen Tank.png Can be found in ufo shaped structures in the space
Allows the ability to breathe in space and water

this can be combined with
Arctic_Diving_Gear.png
to make Space Diving Gear

Space Diving Gear: (i couldn't come up with a sprite)
Grants the ability to swim and allows the ability to breathe under water and space
Provides light under water and extra mobility on ice

Mysterious Shield: Mysterious Shield.png can be found in ufo shaped structures in the space
5 defense
Reflects 7% of the damage taken back to the enemy

Mysterious Boots: Mysterious Boots.png can be found in ufo shaped structures in space
slows falling speed and increases movement speed as you get closer to space
the wearer can run super fast
8% increased movement speed

Expert Exclusive Mysterious glove: Mysterious Glove.png guaranteed to be found in at least one ufo shaped structures in space (expert only)
Fires lasers that will deal 40 damage every 2.5 seconds that will also set the enemy on "on fire!" debuff if an enemy gets close to you
4 defense

do you have an idea for the space biome? comment them below and tell me if you want me to edit them in or not, i will give you a shoutout for the idea!

Last edited:
so wanna know everything thats in the space biome? yes? here they are then: 2 enemy's and 5 items... and none of those are space exclusive, space needs more love.
this is isn't a lot of content but it will still make space somthing to check out when playing terraria.

Changes to the space biome:
1- The Space biome is a bit bigger now
2- you have oxygen now, you will run out of oxygen after 6 seconds if your in the space biome, when you run out of oxygen you will loose 4hp per 7 tick
Oh god no
3- harpy's and wyvern's wont spawn in the space biome because there is no oxygen there
Then where would they spawn?
Changes to the pre-hardmode space biome:
new enemy: Small Ufo View attachment 210486 this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 30/45 damage on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 10/20 melee damage to you
defense: 5
health: 150/300
Small Ufo Drops:
SilverCoin.gif
5-10 ( 100% chance)
They could drop drops from the ufo structures [/SIZE]

Changes to the Hardmode space biome:

New Structure: ufo shaped structures made with Martin Conduit Plating will spawn in space when wall of flesh is defeated, these structures have a chest inside of them with useful stuff, 4 will spawn in small worlds, 5 in medium worlds and 6 in large worlds. spawn rate of the "ufo" will increase if the player gets near the structure. they will never spawn of floating islands, they wont spawn on player creations, but if the player doesn't leave enough space for these structures to spawn, they will spawn on the player builds.
I would have them spawn on the islands instead of player builds. Islands only serve the purpose of the pre-hardmode loot.
new enemy: Ufo View attachment 210487 this ufo will replaces the "small ufo" in hardmode, this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 125/225 on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 50/75 melee damage to you.
defense: 15
health: 350/410
Ufo Drops: View attachment 210488 Laser Bullet 1-3 ( 75% chance, ill explain what it does later)
SilverCoin.gif
10-15 ( 100% chance )

new rare enemy: Golden Ufo View attachment 210475this golden ufo is a rare ufo that has way more loot than the normal ufo and its a little bit more powerful, this ufo will shoot lasers at the player that will deal 130/230 on hit, if you touch this ufo it will do 55/75 melee damage to you.
defense: 20
health: 360/420
Golden ufo drops: View attachment 210488 laser bullet 10-15 (100% chance)
GoldCoin.gif
10 (100% chance)

New Items:
laser bullet: View attachment 210488 Here's The description for this thing "it doesn't work with any of your guns, try to make a new bullet with it."
combine View attachment 210488 1 +
Empty_Bullet.png
10 at
Work_Bench.png
to get "Fixed Laser Bullet"

Fixed Laser Bullet:
View attachment 210476
damage: 14
knockback: 4 (weak)
velocity: 6
inflicts: on fire! debuff

Oxygen Tank: View attachment 210477 Can be found in ufo shaped structures in the space
Allows the ability to breathe in space and water

Arctic_Diving_Gear.png
to make Space Diving Gear

Space Diving Gear: (i couldn't come up with a sprite)
Grants the ability to swim and allows the ability to breathe under water and space
Provides light under water and extra mobility on ice

Mysterious Shield: View attachment 210478 can be found in ufo shaped structures in the space
5 defense
Reflects 7% of the damage taken back to the enemy

Mysterious Boots: View attachment 210480 can be found in ufo shaped structures in space
movement speed increases as you get closer to space
That feels like filler. I'd reccomend featherfalll instead.
the wearer can run super fast

Frostspark_Boots.png
to make space boots (i couldn't come up with a sprite)
Allows Flight
movement speed increases as you get closer to space
the wearer can run really, REALLY fast
extra mobility on ice
I'm not really sure if those should be conbined.
Expert Exclusive Mysterious glove: View attachment 210481 guaranteed to be found in at least one ufo shaped structures in space (expert only)
Fires lasers that will deal 40 damage every 3 seconds that will also set the enemy on "on fire!" debuff if an enemy gets close to you
2 defense
7% increased damage
10% increased melee speed
I think that's trying to be more than it is. The damage boosts are just there for some reason.

do you have an idea for the space biome? comment them below and tell me if you want me to edit them in or not, i will give you a shoutout for the idea!
Blue is me

Blue is me

i changed the 4hp per 7 tick to 2hp per 7 tick, harpys and wyverns will spawn in space, ufo's in hardmode have a small chance drop items from the ufo structures, changed the 2 defense of mysterious hands to 4 and removed the damage bonuses and increased the laser fire rate to 2.5s, mysterious boots can't be combined anymore and added slower falling speed to mysterious boots (i didn't remove the increased speed in space)

you have oxygen now, you will run out of oxygen after 6 seconds if your in the space biome, when you run out of oxygen you will loose 2hp per 7 tick
That seems incredibly limiting. For example: good luck reaching a floating island, landing on it, getting into the structure, looting the chest, and leaving, all in less than 6 seconds (or longer if you're willing to take the damage). Or perhaps you want to farm wyverns for souls of flight but don't have the oxygen tank.

That seems incredibly limiting. For example: good luck reaching a floating island, landing on it, getting into the structure, looting the chest, and leaving, all in less than 6 seconds (or longer if you're willing to take the damage). Or perhaps you want to farm wyverns for souls of flight but don't have the oxygen tank.
I changed the 6 seconds to 7 seconds, not much but still pretty nice

Is it me or is that Small UFO laser attack too damaging for a newer player and the 2hp damage?
Also, is the Mysterious Glove an accessory or a weapon? If it's a weapon, then it still makes sense since our accessories don't deal active damage (They buff the stats/inflicts debuffs, like the Fire Gauntlet).
I agree, the time thing is wayyy too short, even at top speeds. At least the damage isn't all that bad. (Wait a minute, 1 real-time second = 60 in-game ticks, so technically 17 damage every real-life second.)

Is it me or is that Small UFO laser attack too damaging for a newer player and the 2hp damage?
Also, is the Mysterious Glove an accessory or a weapon? If it's a weapon, then it still makes sense since our accessories don't deal active damage (They buff the stats/inflicts debuffs, like the Fire Gauntlet).

I agree, the time thing is wayyy too short, even at top speeds. At least the damage isn't all that bad. (Wait a minute, 1 real-time second = 60 in-game ticks, so technically 17 damage every real-life second.)

The 2hp per 7tick in space is just as fast as drwoning in water
The mysterious glove is a accessory

I changed the 6 seconds to 7 seconds, not much but still pretty nice
The 2hp per 7tick in space is just as fast as drwoning in water
The rate of damage is fine, in my opinion. As you mentioned, it's the same rate as drowning. However, there's a large difference because of the time allowed before taking damage.
  • Without breath meter augments or healing, a pre-hardmode player can spend about 45 seconds underwater (22 before taking damage) until they die.
  • Without oxygen meter augments or healing, a pre-hardmode player can spend about 30 seconds in space (7 before taking damage) until they die.
Especially because space is now larger in this suggestion, meaning it takes longer to get to the islands and get out of space, this mechanic is more punishing than simply drowning - which, to be fair, fits with the idea that it's space. However, I still think the oxygen meter could stand to be lengthened more.

The rate of damage is fine, in my opinion. As you mentioned, it's the same rate as drowning. However, there's a large difference because of the time allowed before taking damage.
  • Without breath meter augments or healing, a pre-hardmode player can spend about 45 seconds underwater (22 before taking damage) until they die.
  • Without oxygen meter augments or healing, a pre-hardmode player can spend about 30 seconds in space (7 before taking damage) until they die.
Especially because space is now larger in this suggestion, meaning it takes longer to get to the islands and get out of space, this mechanic is more punishing than simply drowning - which, to be fair, fits with the idea that it's space. However, I still think the oxygen meter could stand to be lengthened more.

i changed the 7 seconds to 15 seconds, your right 7 seconds is way too low and can make finding floating islands way harder.

Back
Top Bottom