Saved Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobiescrubpleb

Pixel Pirate
OK, so rather simple really. I have GOG Terraria and have done a lot in it and so has my girlfriend. I recently discovered steams offline mode. So my question is, if I download Steam Terraria, will I have all my saved data from GOG Terraria? Please explain in stupid so I can understand :p

They should still share the same folder for worlds and players data. So, yes, you can use both versions without trouble.

Are you 110% sure? I only ask because I already screwed my gf save data up before and I really don't want to be in that dog house again :p

Most games should share the same method of saving, no matter how you got it. I've used official save datas on pirated games(not Terraria), and vice-versa without issues.

Considering both versions are official, they should be pretty much the same thing. By the way, you should check that link I provided. You quoted me before I updated it.

As for you messing up someone's data, that's probably from faulty savings or whatever.

Most games should share the same method of saving, no matter how you got it. I've used official save datas on pirated games(not Terraria), and vice-versa without issues.

Considering both versions are official, they should be pretty much the same thing. By the way, you should check that link I provided. You quoted me before I updated it.

As for you messing up someone's data, that's probably from faulty savings or whatever.

Unfortunately I don't understand what he's saying. Can I not just copy and paste all my saved files on, say a flash drive?

Yes. That link is just to show where the files are. What you do with them and how you back them up is entirely your own choice. You can just copy the files in another part of your PC.

Once you've made the backup, just run the steam version and see it for yourself.

Yes. That link is just to show where the files are. What you do with them and how you back them up is entirely your own choice. You can just copy the files in another part of your PC.

Once you've made the backup, just run the steam version and see it for yourself.

Awesome man thank you! I'll lock this thread up since its resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom