Game Mechanics Scaredy Bosses

Good or dumb

• Dumb

• Decent

• Good

Results are only viewable after voting.
After a while, the EoC is as easy as a horde of zombies

so when you get strong enough or you defeated enough bosses, like 2 or 3 bosses harder then it, some bosses will get scared of you and attack less and be more strategic, making it more annoying and difficult to attack it

But some bosses will be brave and attack you regardless, like the wall of flesh or the destroyer

when you become strong enough, a status message shows up saying something like for the EoC "The intimidating eye is intimidated by you" or for the brain "You became smarter to the mastermind"

And maybe for fun, if it has a face, make it look more frightened

put this in a more advance version like 1.4 or later, or a last minute add to 1.3.6

Reactions: Bry
While it would be a neat quirk, I'm not one that would advocate the addition of behaviors that would make it more annoying to grind previous bosses.

8b967023-2f57-11e9-985c-ad7e9b2bceee.gif
I made an example of an Eater of Worlds head that is scared.

After a while, the EoC is as easy as a horde of zombie
It’s supposed to be. If you want to experience a more challenging fight, then start over with a new character. You should not expect to encounter serious challenges while backtracking and doing content you’ve already done before.
making it more annoying and difficult
I don’t know what gave you the impression that this is what players want.

I kinda like this, honestly. But i can see glitches where something like the Golem is scared of you in prehardmode

But honestly, golem is ez. He should be scared. Shurikens can be used against him, and he's easy

Im probably not overexagerating by much, tbh

While I don't hate the idea in principle, I think the amount of work to implement the system would far outweigh the fairly minimal payoff. Even assuming we can all agree that this enhances the game, by how much? Enough to justify coding additional AI algorithms for the "scaredy" behavior of bosses you no longer care much about? Doubt it.

If you're talking purely cosmetic changes like making the bosses look scared, that might be practical enough to implement, but I wouldn't want it on their priority list given all the other potential changes that could enhance the game in a much more dramatic way.

Back
Top Bottom