Scariest enemy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any of the the underground sand biome enemies, especially antlion chragers. after a while thew will charge at you, first time that happened, it scared me pretty much to death

Dungeon Guardian, first time i met him (i played on PSVita in those times) i throught "What the :red: just happened"?
I mean, we all met this guy at least once...

Also the worm enemies can creep you when you're a new player because of the sound they make, later you'll get more annoyed by them rather than scared.
Face Monster and Pigron also make scary sounds but overall they don't look actually scary.

Jungle and Ice Tortoise are scary due the difficulty of fighting them, It's like jungle and underground ice become filled with dungeon guardians if you stay too long.
[doublepost=1559472556,1559471961][/doublepost]
<-- the pumpkins
I feel like you made this account just to post this xd
[doublepost=1559472964][/doublepost]
Guys , look at this View attachment 31441after a while View attachment 31442
A whil means few days
Banner in your signature is a lot scarier than this

Last edited:
Biome mimics, they can easily kill you early hardmode and their fast dashes always catch me off guard. Whenever I see one I say as far away as possible.

they're not even in the game yet, but the goblin shark looks terrifying.
Then you definetly must see the IRL version below:

goblin-shark-jaw.adapt.945.1.jpg

The Giant cursed skull and Nebula Floaters. And I guess the brain suckler too I guess, since purple floating brains are just weird.

The Award for the scariest mob in Terraria goes to the Nymph. nymphs are exteremley silent, until you approach them. They look poor, Innocent, Right?
Wrong. They Appear suddenly, hit hard, move fast, and before I touch the ground again, Im dead.:eek: Gotta watch out for them.
[doublepost=1563302709,1563302403][/doublepost]
Unicorns, when i kill them. Looks very gory.
Pretty much the same with every Terraria entity.
If you don't like it, you can turn blood & gore off in the Settings.

Bats. Because they always kill you :mad:
[doublepost=1563897674,1563897341][/doublepost]
Bats. Because they always kill you :mad:
But my actual opinion is the nymph. when you see a lost girl you think that she is an npc so you decide to save her. but when you get close. it turns into an enemy that can kill you really fast early game. and you can get scared for the first time by seeing her transform into an nymph :nymph:

Nothing in this game scares as it's all highly pixelated, but I've had bad moments with some enemies.

1. Wyverns early in Hardmode. I had built an arena for the Etherian goblins above ground and although I thought it wasn't very high, it was apparently high enough to attract those... things. Two times I was about to defeat the invasion, but then a wyvern came and destroyed the crystal! And with its many segments it damaged multiple times and did so pretty quickly.

2. The Martian saucer. I still feel the shame from how many times I died to it during my first Martian invasion. Sure, it has great drops, but the fight is incredibly stupid, especially in its second phase - "hide like a coward or die". I like the enemies in this event safe for the saucer.

Black Recluses never fail to freak me out at any stage in the game. I'm not arachnophobic - there is a spider hanging out on a web about three feet to my left and I'm quite chill with him being there. But the Recluses are excellently designed for maximum aaaaaa - they move fast and loads of them spawn where applicable, they apply a fast-dpsing debuff you're never immune to, and they're nearly impossible to see. Ugh. Or maybe I just have bad eyesight, but even in post-moonlord tank gear, I loathe entering spider caves. I never feel safe.

Now, for some runners up that are terrifying at a certain point in the game?

Antlion Chargers. Have fun crossing that desert-with-pit that always gens right next to your spawn. They move like Sonic the Hedgehog, tank all of your early-game hits down to ones, and laugh at your knockback.
Herplings. Yeesh. They hit like trucks and move like rocket-propelled children on trampolines.
Dune Splicers. Did anyone not freak out the first time they tried to cross a hardmode desert in a sandstorm?
Red Devils. Easy to mistake for regular demons until they start shooting their murder tridents. And really common for something that likes to shoot murder tridents. Pity the one they drop is clearly a bootleg.
Paladins. If they aggro you through a wall, say goodnight.

Mine is the swamp thing I mean how won’t they freeze in the snow biome (This is where I was in the solar eclipse I wanted to summon Skeletron prime then an eclipse happened).

Black Recluses never fail to freak me out at any stage in the game. I'm not arachnophobic - there is a spider hanging out on a web about three feet to my left and I'm quite chill with him being there. But the Recluses are excellently designed for maximum aaaaaa - they move fast and loads of them spawn where applicable, they apply a fast-dpsing debuff you're never immune to, and they're nearly impossible to see. Ugh. Or maybe I just have bad eyesight, but even in post-moonlord tank gear, I loathe entering spider caves. I never feel safe.

Now, for some runners up that are terrifying at a certain point in the game?

Antlion Chargers. Have fun crossing that desert-with-pit that always gens right next to your spawn. They move like Sonic the Hedgehog, tank all of your early-game hits down to ones, and laugh at your knockback.
Herplings. Yeesh. They hit like trucks and move like rocket-propelled children on trampolines.
Dune Splicers. Did anyone not freak out the first time they tried to cross a hardmode desert in a sandstorm?
Red Devils. Easy to mistake for regular demons until they start shooting their murder tridents. And really common for something that likes to shoot murder tridents. Pity the one they drop is clearly a bootleg.
Paladins. If they aggro you through a wall, say goodnight.
You forgot those turtles in jungle, i hate them `:mad:`:mad:`:mad:

I rly hated those in early hard mode mow I just use the magic daggers and cutlass they never fail
Ik Ik I just started hard mode ok?I need to fight the twins to be better but mr.green vomit (spazmatism) is so hard

The butcher from the solar eclipse event!

1) he has a bloody chainsaw
2)he has a mask of a pig (probably real)
3) he's just creepy

Last edited:
Antlion swarmers, they're just so disgusting looking, even more so than the spiders, and you never know when they're just gonna fly out of the massive pit and scare you, and if you want to go into the hole, you have the risk of taking out a torch just to see a swarmer right in front of you, they're just so creepy looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom