Scariest thing about Terraria

I don't find anything about terraria particularly scary :p but then again i loathe that cthulhu doesn't truly exist, i'll go back to my crazy man's cave now....

Worms and Face Monsters: the sound they make was horrifying. I did eventually get over it and nothing in this game has frightened me since.

Worms and Face Monsters: the sound they make was horrifying. I did eventually get over it and nothing in this game has frightened me since.

Its the sound of worms when you are next to LAVA, is when that is terrifying.

The scariest thing (to me) is probably what The Guide has to go through.
Like when his doll is dropped into lava to summon the WoF, I'm imagining him being slowly incinerated from the feet up.

And since that lava is a relatively viscous fluid, it'd have to be a pretty slow burn. Plus, because it's started from the feet and not the head, it doesn't kill him immediately.
He feels everything.

Like when his doll is dropped into lava to summon the WoF, I'm imagining him being slowly incinerated from the feet up.

And since that lava is a relatively viscous fluid, it'd have to be a pretty slow burn. Plus, because it's started from the feet and not the head, it doesn't kill him immediately.
He feels everything.
That made me shiver

Aside from underground traps and Dungeon Guardians, I'd say my first encounter with a spider cave, getting back into Terraria when 1.2 came out.

What made that so bad was that I was new to the idea of spider enemies crawling along background walls, not to mention that 8 or 9 were on the other side of a mere 2-block-thick stone wall. As soon as I dug that wall out, all of the spiders flooded into my section of the cave. (In a multiplayer I had with a pal, there was a spider cave nearly just under our house; it often interferred with our hellevator).

Oh, and the Spiderfish. Nngg.. Imagine fishing that thing up.. Actually... Don't. :(

Not really a scary thing, but I always thought that the guide sacrifice is a very dark and twisted little thing. I could write a wall of text about that, but people can make their own conclusions, haha.
I think I just posted that. Like, the imagery of what that was like in the Guide's perspective during the whole fiasco.
.w.

He feels everything.
Not really a scary thing, but I always thought that the guide sacrifice is a very dark and twisted little thing. I could write a wall of text about that, but people can make their own conclusions, haha.
I'd imagine itd look like this:
indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif

Aside from underground traps and Dungeon Guardians, I'd say my first encounter with a spider cave, getting back into Terraria when 1.2 came out.

What made that so bad was that I was new to the idea of spider enemies crawling along background walls, not to mention that 8 or 9 were on the other side of a mere 2-block-thick stone wall. As soon as I dug that wall out, all of the spiders flooded into my section of the cave. (In a multiplayer I had with a pal, there was a spider cave nearly just under our house; it often interferred with our hellevator).

Oh, and the Spiderfish. Nngg.. Imagine fishing that thing up.. Actually... Don't. :(
Yea hated those spiders so I blew up the upper part of their biome just enough they have to jump to try and get me but fall just short >xD.

Dire that scary as hell

I already posted, but I realize something regarding WoF that I REALLY fear...

Having to spend countless of hours grinding to be able to craft the Celestial Emblem + a Destroyer Emblem + getting a regular Sorcerer Emblem.

While it may sound like it wouldn't take so long, imagine it like this: spending several hours in hell killing enemies just to get 1 Voodoo Demon to spawn so you can get the Voodoo Doll. Then your guide needs to be alive (the respawning part can take a while) for you too fight WoF again. Lastly, no matter how much you try, you still only get ANOTHER F:redspin:ING BREAKER BLADE!!!

The Dungeon Guardian (before I knew what it was) would be the obvious answer for me. Also, I'd say when the Hardmode bosses spawn naturally at night before I knew you could just go underground for the night to avoid them spawning, haha ;)

Besides those mystery 'click' sounds in totally dark caves nothing is scary in Terraria.

I recall looking for vertebrae on a new world one day. While I was in Crimson heart-chamber I stopped a moment and saw a bloody skull open up like a Facehugger.

That would be the scariest thing I've seen. I don't think I was hallucinating.

I would say,
the spiders, in other games I don't care about spiders even in 3D or in real live. But in terraria, they creep me out and I'm just scared of them if I don't know where the spider nest is. I won't go near the place were I found the spider because you never know were the next one will spawn. They crawl out of the dark and you know that there is a spider nest, but you just don't know where it is, if he spawned in the nest and came out of it or if they spawned outside the spider nest.

I think my fear of them has developed with the multiple encounters I had with them.
The first time I saw them my friend and I were playing 1.2 for the first time, and for some reason we got to hardmode without encountering one spider. We were mining for some hardmode ores and my friend found a spider nest, but at the time we didn't know what it was, he jumped in it and was killed in seconds.
After that a few of the spiders came out and, I saw them and the scrawled at me with there (creepy) walking animation.

The second time I was farming for an golden shower in the underground crimson, and I was in a tense fight and suddenly, a (hardmode) spider fell on me out of nowhere and I died.

Mining has never been the same for me sins...

How come spiders are so feared (unless you have arachnophobia) they are pretty easy to kill... Mind you I have hallowed armour and a pirate cutlass/tizona so yeah I'm just being a tit

Probably when the dungeon guardian attacks you. Like, I know that he's going to attack me, and I have a general idea where he will do it. But each time he freaks me out when he kills me.

Another thing that scares me is just what it's rated. Blood violence, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol. I didn't really excpect to see that when I looked at what it is rated. It's kind of hard to tell, and you wouldn't expect to see that in a sandbox game!

Eaters Of Souls and their other sized counterparts. Corruptors don't faze me at all, EoW don't, Clingers a bit, the other worms not at all, but the Eaters of Souls? nopenope

Back
Top Bottom